Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer: Vermintide 2

The excuse is that the devs are shit at their job. They accidentally* made a good game though, and its irrelevant if you lose out on 10 mins of playtime once every 10 hours.

*proof being that they intentionally made darktide fucking awful.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The excuse is that the devs are shit at their job. They accidentally* made a good game though, and its irrelevant if you lose out on 10 mins of playtime once every 10 hours.
*proof being that they intentionally made darktide fucking awful.
That's an explanation (and a solid one) but not an excuse :)

I feel like when they started it, they wanted V2 to be actually good, something they could be proud of. It started off fine. I mean there was some looting and grinding but the gameplay loop was actually good and having it be good and fun was a clear focus. Somewhere along the way someone got the idea to ramp up the treadmill mechanics and we got the slot machine and grind-a-thons that were Chaos Wastes and Winds of Magic (at this point I noped out). After these DLCs saw some success, I completely agree that Darktide was absolutely nothing but a "oh good we made money off those shit practices late in V2's development arc, let's make a new game that is JUST THAT SHIT". Then they were surprised players don't want to pay millions of dollars for a gouging machine that doesn't even have a working game attached. :lol:

But yeah, to bring it back, I feel like there was actual intent at the beginning for V2 to be genuinely good.

Last edited:
There's nothing to grind in Chaos Wastes, it's completely independent of your equipment or achievements or whatever (aside from carrying up to 200 of the currency you saved from a previous run to a new run, which is basically nothing). It's actually a good mode. Winds of Magic though... fuck that shit. They also increased the level cap to 35 just to give people more to grind. There's no reason at all to have levels in this game except that some bean counter decided that it would increase their revenue by 12.63%

ADL

Prophet
It's been about six months since I last played Vermintide 2 but I could have sworn there was host migration? It's not good but it's there and works some of the time.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
It's been about six months since I last played Vermintide 2 but I could have sworn there was host migration? It's not good but it's there and works some of the time.
It sort of works in Chaos Wastes where you still get kicked to the beginning of the map but you keep all your progress including perks and money and since the maps are shorter you don't lose as much progress.

ADL

Prophet
This mission sets up Sienna's premium class. Hopefully releasing shortly after
gay.png
gay.png
gay.png

Still hasn't fixed cloaking randomly not working and enemies targetting you while are you invisible.

Fixed bug where enemies would keep chasing and attempting to attack invisible players.

Fixed Kerillian Shade's 'Cloak of Pain' re-stealth sometimes being instantly consumed when hitting enemies with dual weapons.

Shade and huntsman may be playable again!

Beowulf

Arcane

What happened? Free content from Fatshark?
You know, the company that wanted to charge you extra for DLC with purple paintjobs labeled as "skins".

Anyway, those were one of the most fun levels for me in V1. Maybe it's time to give V2 another chance.

Sienna subclass in Q3 fucking finally
Kind of curious what it is. The other classes have had some slightly more complex mechanics than the base class so I wonder what she'll get. I don't think you can just do another pyromancy class and have it be distinct enough unless you really try to differentiate it by having two staffs or something.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bleh. Necromancers are neat but changing Sienna Fuegonasus' focus away from fire feels kinda disrespectful to the character's image. Ah well, I had no plans to play this again anyway.

ADL

Prophet
If anything it was speculated that we'd get a cryomancer career instead. Necro is disappointing.

changing Sienna Fuegonasus' focus away from fire feels kinda disrespectful to the character's image.
Is it Sienna or are you playing as her sister if you pick the new career? Feels more likely it'd be the latter.

Raising undead feels like it'd be hard to balance with how Vermintide combat works.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I'm so glad it's not another fire-themed career. I feel like I'm in the minority but Sienna is the only character I didn't level to 30 just because how boring her kit feels.

Is it Sienna or are you playing as her sister if you pick the new career? Feels more likely it'd be the latter.
Ooh, that is a very good question. I think you're right, in which case I withdraw my earlier objection.
On second thought I'm thinking its probably going to be Sienna but with some kind of split personality/merged powers thing. Reasoning:

- They are going to have to redo like half of Sienna's dialog and banter but will want to keep the half that's still appropriate.
- The other 4 characters accepting a full blown Necromancer seems pretty iffy lore wise. Especially Saltzpyre. I know these are the end times where unusual alliances to fight chaos are a thing but its still a bit much.
- Fatshark probably isn't going to produce an entirely new set of melee weapons and staves, so having her still able to use fire-based weapons has to be a thing. Unless they decide to essentially just swap the color palette for fire effects to black or something.

ADL

Prophet
We’ve seen some questions regarding Sienna’s arsenal with the launch of Necromancer so we’ve gone ahead and prepared this graphic for you all to reference at a glance!
9347d19d40ad3c4f9d82fd797b0586e391b70df1.png

The new weapons coming with the Necromancer career are the
Ensorcelled Reaper, a slow but powerful scythe weapon, and the
Soulstealer Staff, which seeks out lives to snuff as it lives up to its name…

While these spooky weapons perfectly fit the withered hands of any Necromancer, this is still our Sienna! As a Necromancer,
she will still have access to all of her existing staves and melee weapons, with the exception of the Flamestorm Staff.

Additionally, of her new weapons,
the Ensorcelled Reaper will also be available to her previous careers, while the vile magicks of the Soulstealer Staff are exclusive to the Necromancer career.

We know you’re anxious for more news and information! In the coming weeks we’ll be releasing some dev blogs about Necromancer, starting with one focused on the lore and narrative of the career. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, in case you missed it, the people at Gamereactor interviewed us during Gamescom and they got to ask some questions and have a go at Necromancer Sienna, here’s the link to the article.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/552500/announcements/detail/3747614174403319966

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom