Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer: Dark Omen - BR Version

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This is mostly something for the BR bros, but some others may take interest, like portuguese bros (do we even have portuguese codexers?), so I'll write in english (fuck logic).

I come to realize that my brazilian copy of WH: Dark Omen is a fucking relic; I just can't find any copy or even mention of it anywhere, and that's a fucking shame. Not only it's a fantastic game, but also has THE best VA and translation I've ever seen around here.

Forget about drow elves translated as "duendes aquáticos", or Illidan Stormrage becoming Illidan Tempesfúria, the guys that translated this were devoted, made smart choices and kept as close to the source as possible. Not only that, but the VA team is great, the recordings are very clear and each voice fits its character perfectly.

Since I could not find anything about this, I made a quick video of the first conversations:

Now let's see, this might interest Alex , Spellcaster, racofer , Excidium , tiagocc0 , Clockwork Knight , The Brazilian Slaughter , M4BE1R0 , desocupado and Sul (I'm probably forgetting someone, but enough uhsduhadiuhasiduahsiduha), anyone wants a .iso of this?

I never created a .iso, and I'm not much into piracy, but this is a rare gem that is unavailable anywhere else and deserves to be shared. If anyone recomends me a good way of copying this disc, I'll upload it somewhere for you guys. (can I, Jaesun?)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Some voices are p. familiar.

Creating the .iso isn't much work, there is a bunch of software meant to do exactly that. I wouldn't worry about piracy, it's not like this game is being sold anywhere, and it's EA afterall.

Illidan Stormrage becoming Illidan Tempesfúria
*cringe*

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Ah, I remember the Drowned Elves.
RXW3n.jpg

*cringe*

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I thought I was going to rage but this actually was p. nice, despite the accent and some stuff that doesn't translate well to portuguese, like "vá e destrua os inimigos" or "os surpreenderemos com o aço das espadas", not that I can blame them for not changing it, and the latter line probably sounds retarded in english too, anyway

Was the game "big"? Not a fan of strategy either

SCO is portuguese and seems to know about computers and piracy fixing games, he might help with that

Oriebam

The word I meant was "popular" I guess, didn't think of that for some reason
I think pocahaunted might be Portuguese.
that's @pocahunted for you, gringo

okay going to stop the tagging

edit: wait, it's not tagging

Sul

Savant
Porra, e quem não se lembra de Max Payne? Pena que Max Payne 2 só veio para cá legendado, a dublagem do primeiro jogo até que era decente.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
guys, can you point to me some good textbooks to learn portugese/brazilian for outsiders? I've always wanted to learn it, sounds sweet.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Lembrei desse aqui tbm, era bem legalzinho no começo, mas depois virava uma putaria de realidade virtual sem noção...

guys, can you point to me some good textbooks to learn portugese/brazilian for outsiders? I've always wanted to learn it, sounds sweet.
I have no idea....unfortunaly Khan Academy has no language videos, and is very hard to learn portuguese without help. What languages do you speak ATM?

Oriebam

guys, can you point to me some good textbooks to learn portugese/brazilian for outsiders?

dunno about textbooks, but it is not unheard of of people learning it through contact with BRs in games(seriously, I've seen a few gringos say they learned portuguese by playing with us, and they actually spoke a little) and there was some guy on a certain BR gaming forum, I think he was canadian, who posted there to "master the language" or some shit, he also claimed to speak galician and some other shit

I(and probably the other BRs here, considering how shitty my english classes were) learned english by playing games and reading things in english and using a dictionary or some other mean of translation, I guess this is kind of brutish and initially was quite retarded for me, but I think my english is p. passable now

Now, I don't know what to recommend for you to read, if you opt to learn portuguese this way... the more literate BRos probably do
I mean, if I wanted to learn potato I would download the books of that Lem guy, make a thread to bug potatos here or play twitcher, but I'm not sure about portuguese equivalents

I've always wanted to learn it, sounds sweet.
what

why the fuck would you want to learn portuguese, btw

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Bros I don't know shit about Portuguese apart from the fact that it sounds funny, but Brazilians seem to be bros mostly and I just wanted to point out that Dark Omen is an ace game and commander Bernhardt was a cool fucker. I think I will do a play-through of both DO and PeG as these prestigious forums reminded me of these games. That which is dead may still burn or something.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Now let's see, this might interest Alex , Spellcaster, racofer , Excidium , tiagocc0 , Clockwork Knight , The Brazilian Slaughter , M4BE1R0 , desocupado and Sul (I'm probably forgetting someone, but enough uhsduhadiuhasiduahsiduha), anyone wants a .iso of this?

I never created a .iso, and I'm not much into piracy, but this is a rare gem that is unavailable anywhere else and deserves to be shared. If anyone recomends me a good way of copying this disc, I'll upload it somewhere for you guys. (can I, Jaesun?)

eh nozes

tiagocc0

Arcane
This looks like an interesting game, never played it (WH: Dark Omen).
But I avoid games, operational systems and applications that are not in English whenever I can. Just like anime that's not in Japanese.

EDIT: I remember having a copy of X-COM Apocalypse in Portuguese, a long time ago.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oriebam said:
I(and probably the other BRs here, considering how shitty my english classes were) learned english by playing games and reading things in english and using a dictionary or some other mean of translation, I guess this is kind of brutish and initially was quite retarded for me, but I think my english is p. passable now
Pretty much. I've never even walked inside an english course and the school classes were a complete joke. The Codex is also a very good place to practice the use of the language. After some years, reading game text and sites tricks you into thinking you already know english, then you register in an international forum only to discover that you actually suck dragon balls and keep going back and forth to google translator to check if you're not doing anything wrong. Even after the 1000 posts mark I'm still not that good, perhaps passable is indeed the right word.
Same here, all the english comes from games, playing Final Fantasy, Fallout & Baldur's Gate with a massive dictionary besides me. Posting on the Codex helped a lot in the last years, as Spellcaster said I got used to the kind of writing games offer and had a hard time writing complex sentences and arguments (as they are rare in games). But wanting to discuss with bros is as motivating as wanting to know WTF John Ironecus is saying to you, or how to convince Marcus to join your party. :roll:

EDIÇÃO!: Po, só aqui mesmo q eu taggeio 10 brasileiros, ofereço um jogo grátis e ninguem quer! :lol: Todos digníssimos senhores, merecedores de seus monóculos. :salute:

Oriebam

I don't know bro, I'd avoid it like the black death. Portuguese is so hard and confusing that after some months into a new language, even I (a native speaker) have those glimpses of "wow, PT-BR is p. fucking weird". Chinese, for instance, is a lot easier (I'm learning it now).

The language has a fuckzillion of different rules, variations, "if X, then Y", accents marks that are seen in some words but are absent in others that, according to the rule, should also have it... It's a mess. I have lots of respect for foreigners who can master it, because I probably wouldn't be able to.

Perhaps that's just me though, I always hated PT-BR grammar and to this day I haven't mastered many fundamental things. For example, we have four ways to write "why":
porque
porquê
por que
por quê

Honestly, I barely know when to use each.
Pretty much. I've never even walked inside an english course and the school classes were a complete joke. The Codex is also a very good place to practice the use of the language. After some years, reading game text and sites tricks you into thinking you already know english, then you register in an international forum only to discover that you actually suck dragon balls and keep going back and forth to google translator to check if you're not doing anything wrong. Even after the 1000 posts mark I'm still not that good, perhaps passable is indeed the right word.

I too, posess similar levels of ignorance of our language

irmãopunhetaria irmãopunharia se podesse.

Longa história... era pra ser macumbeiro, tá bom?

eh nozes
noiszx

festa-duro.gif

huehuehue-i12.jpg

But I avoid games, operational systems and applications that are not in English whenever I can. Just like anime that's not in Japanese.
:obviously:

the mark of the wise man

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Alguém lembra desse? Vinha numa CD Expert Fullgames. We never got past the first few clues, so I'm always planning to play it "eventually" :lol:

Delegado: "Você a matou, não foi?" ;)

Eu lembro. Também lembro que tinha umas partes de "ação" chatas pra cacete.

EDIÇÃO!: Po, só no aqui mesmo q eu taggeio 10 brasileiros, ofereço um jogo grátis e ninguem quer! :lol: Todos digníssimos senhores, merecedores de seus monóculos. :salute:
Eu gosto de Warhammer então se você quiser upar o negócio fique à vontade. :M

Não fode com as minhas memórias do jogo que eu não joguei, Exitium

Same here, all the english comes from games, playing Final Fantasy, Fallout & Baldur's Gate with a massive dictionary besides me.

+1

English classes helped a bit with grammar, but for comprehension it was mostly brute force. Funny thing, when I was little playing games in japanese was easy, since I didn't understand the games in english either. Nowadays I don't even bother, too frustrating not to know what the fuck is going on.

EDIÇÃO!:
Po, só no aqui mesmo q eu taggeio 10 brasileiros, ofereço um jogo grátis e ninguem quer! :lol: Todos digníssimos senhores, merecedores de seus monóculos. :salute:

Tem que ter a emoção da caçada, brother (leia-se: tacar o nome do jogo + "torrent" no google)

Arranja aí um Dragon Age 2 PT-BR e daí a gente conversa :troll:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I don't know portuguese, but I now quite a bit of spanish, so I can understand some of what you write.

How hard actually is it to go from spanish to portuguese? I think one day I will travel to a portuguese speaking country and would certainly need to talk to people somehow.

I met a few brasileños and they were absolutely nice people, shared all their stuff (beer, food, cigarettes) with everyone that was not outright retarded.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Po, não sabia q o root tbm era BR, falhei no meu teste de lore...e deve ser engraçado demais jogar com esse povo, to no grupo do Steam mas nunca to em casa quando eles fazem algo...:(

Dark Omen é RTS, mas sem construir base. Vc tem suas tropas e vai lutando, aí vai ganhando grana pra repor soldados mortos e melhorar as armaduras, e encontra uns itens mágicos e unidades novas pelo caminho, como magos, ogros, anões, elfos...Todo mundo q jogou gosta bastante, é um dos melhores jogos do tipo, mas é beeeeem difícil. Esse vídeo mostra bem uma das primeiras batalhas:

Eu fiz o .iso e coloquei num .rar e deu 489Mb, no limite de 500mb preu jogar no Badongo ou algo do tipo. O bom é q testei e rola bonitão só com o .iso no Daemon Tools, não precisa de crack nem nada. Vou subir hj de noite quando chegar em casa e boto o link aqui.

E usar net da faculdade é oq há! :lol:

How hard actually is it to go from spanish to portuguese?
It's VERY easy, and we do the oposite all the time, we even call it the glorious PORTUNHOL language! (português+espanhol).

The grammar may be more different, but the sound is very similar. Once you understand how the languages work, you can "spanholize" portuguese words you don't know in spanish, and most times will work. I obviously never had to do the oposite, but should work just fine, and usually people that speak portuguese will know enough "portunhol" to understand your spanish anyway. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom