Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Speed Freeks - Ork combat racing game

Fargus

Arcane
Warhammer racing game lol and multiplayer only. Online will probably be dead in a month.

No thanks, bro.

Fargus

Arcane
Warhammer racing game lol and multiplayer only. Online will probably be dead in a month.

No thanks, bro.
Have to agree. It might have a very short life cycle, not worth it in that case.

This is a major problem with online only games. 1 fails 10 more pop out of nowhere thinking they make it big. Not only i'm sick of multiplayer games, but they are just not reliable to buy and expire too fast.

Turn_BASED

Educated
It’s free to play. Also you can request alpha access on steam. I got about an hour’s worth of fun out of it, I was pleasantly surprised.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
honestly how hard is it making decent AI and some blurb for campaign or smth

Twisted Metal did it on PS1

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Tabletop Speed Freeks was supposed to be an updated Gorka Morka if I'm not mistaken. Never played it but I have the set. Good value for money considering what you get.

Too bad this video game "adaptation" looks like shit.

Fargus

Arcane
honestly how hard is it making decent AI and some blurb for campaign or smth

Twisted Metal did it on PS1

Why bother making a campaign when you can make lazy pvp game and monetize it?

This will be just crossout with orks.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I've been playing for a bit now, pretty fun game. Not much depth, some fun driving and blasting, so a very orky game.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Been playing the game more, and I'm quite enjoying myself. It's quite refreshing to play an online game that doesn't have any "progression" or upgrading or shit, just standalone matches like in the old days. I'm sure this will change as they move out of alpha since it's free2play and they have to make money somewhow, but for now it's nice.

Of course, one of the reasons I'm having fun is that I've been dominating :D Seems like most players have trouble aiming and steering at the same time, so I can win most 1v1 fights with ease. I think people are playing with controllers or something, I saw some posts on the steam forum from people trying to play on steam deck even. Of course you meet some skilled players as well. I expect it will get more challenging over time as the scrubs either quit or git gud.

I've not had any major technical issues or even much in the way of glitches, so it's pretty solid for an alpha. Highly recommended if you want some quick brainless fun!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!

Today they ran a "krump the devs" event, with the developers playing the community. There were not all that many devs around, but the event attracted the most engaged players so it was a propa gud fight!!

I was struggling to maintain a 1:1 Kill/Death ratio tonight! Some of the opponents were using some combo moves I hadn't seen before, so there may be more mechanical depth to this game than I realized.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom