Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Interestingly enough, the Inquisition seems to love it. The guy commended me for doing the Iconoclast options.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Interestingly enough, the Inquisition seems to love it. The guy commended me for doing the Iconoclast options.
So far to me , Xavier really dislike if you save the planet and if you give the planets to the Xenos but don't hate if you don't explode Kiava Gamma.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can anyone here tell me is there a wh40k game that would play similar to Xcom?
So fairly interesting "base" building, random missions, bigger teams, soldiers that can die and be replaced by others and so on

REhorror

Educated
Emperor preserves me from this degeneracy!
tAQ0le7.jpg

nQigsOi.jpg

Though this is one piece of lore I won't mind Owlcat does some deviation.

And I'll be real pissed if I have some bad ending slides for Cassia because of some flag bugs, dammit!

REhorror

Educated
The Inquisition is a bunch of doo doo head.

They can't even relate to the Emperor on a personal level, absolutely nonsense compared to the Sisters of Battle and Space Marines (particular the Black Templar).

ArchAngel

Arcane

They can't even relate to the Emperor on a personal level, absolutely nonsense compared to the Sisters of Battle and Space Marines (particular the Black Templar).
Sure but Emperor is a corpse and High Lords rule.

REhorror

Educated

Sure but Emperor is a corpse and High Lords rule.
That's what Goge Vandire thinks until he's bisected by Alicia Dominica, blessed be her name.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So fairly interesting "base" building, random missions, bigger teams, soldiers that can die and be replaced by others and so on
The closest thing to that would be WH40K Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters
It has everything your describe except for the size of field team, but that's the scrouge of almost all the new-ish tacticools.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It has everything your describe except for the size of field team, but that's the scrouge of almost all the new-ish tacticools.
I know about that one but it supposed to be bad. I was hopping there was some older WH40k game I do not know about.

It would work better if you had squad of IG or cultists and things like SM or CSM are special units that you cannot have a lot. Or maybe even some limited resource that you can call down during missions that only last for that one mission.

REhorror

Educated
What I don't like about that game is you can only field 4 dudes a battle, so even lesser than this game.

For 40K games, I prefer skirmish/army battle games like Sanctus Reach or Battlesector better.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I know about that one but it supposed to be bad. I was hopping there was some older WH40k game I do not know about.
Don't you miss it with something else?
The Kodex Kommunal Konsesus seems to be that Daemonhunter is not perfect, but a fairly decent game.
Check the last pages of it's thread.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Chaos Gate has strong character customization and the story is pretty fun. With the new DLC it's also pretty diverse in terms of team composition and mission types. But it's definitely not without issues.

Incendax

Augur
Another vote for Chaos Gate being okay-ish. It smashes into lore issues like Terminators barely having more armor than regular guys, and has a weird momentum system that makes you take baby steps with your guys. But on the whole? Okay-ish!

REhorror

Educated
Doing Heinrix Act 4's quest, oh boy, YET another Inquisitor doing
Heretic shit
What a hecking surprise.

Parabalus

Arcane
Also a thing the game doesn't react to: Psykers are a big no-no in Commoragh.

E: I like how the Iconocuck gets benches on the bridge like this is some fucking Google office. Why not have soccer table there too?
It does? Your psykers get locked up because of it, and letting the warp in is treated as a catastrophe.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Also a thing the game doesn't react to: Psykers are a big no-no in Commoragh.

E: I like how the Iconocuck gets benches on the bridge like this is some fucking Google office. Why not have soccer table there too?
It does? Your psykers get locked up because of it, and letting the warp in is treated as a catastrophe.
If YOU are a psyker nobody even comments on it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not reading 122 pages.
What is the Codex Kritikal Consensus on this game?
Wait for patches. There is a really good game here somewhere under the rubbish, wait to see if devs remove enough of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom