Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
i was going to start playing this game as i'm (finally) on vacation but the portraits for males are... very limiting let said.

Is there any good portraits out there you guys are using? especially for a psyker?
I personally think the scoundrel male is pretty iconic for the game:

1703011997030.png

But it's 2023, just use an AI to get the one you want. Here's 4 that I'm considering:

hgfhhmbnmnmn.jpg

Camel

Scholar
Finished a prologue and so far so good. Combat is satisfactory and dialogues are wordy but tolerable unlike WOTR. The setting is great for a videogame unlike godawful and pozzed Pathfinder.
I still don't like Owlcat's cliches like a protagonist becoming a Chosen One, ruler/commander and a goddamn strategic layer in RPG.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
:hmmm:

A lot of degenerate deranged faggot posters this year.

Ah yes, attraction to women as a source of degeneration. The ancients already knew this, which is why they were founding true solace in the arms of beautiful youngsters.

Art_gr%C3%A8cia.jpg

And who is yours eromenos, Fanta?
LoL the ancient greeks and the romans were washed away from history due to their degeneracy,the same fate will befall your pathetic faggot culture too.

But do you know how gayness started? Because they locked their wives in their homes. Therefore, a man should meet women during the day.

Casual romance is a soil of heterosexuality. Casual xeno romance is a soil of heterosexual gaming.

Mortmal

Arcane
i was going to start playing this game as i'm (finally) on vacation but the portraits for males are... very limiting let said.

Is there any good portraits out there you guys are using? especially for a psyker?

View attachment 44791

But it's 2023, just use an AI to get the one you want. Here's 4 that I'm considering:

View attachment 44790
Indeed Fabulous times we are living in
mKutuRh.jpg

Tao

Savant

View attachment 44791

That is the one i used because yeah is pretty good but i like my 3d model to match the picture to some degree and that one was asking for noble so hard that pull me off from my initial try.

Maybe i should just go Noble in my first run

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I am in Commoragh and shiiiiiiet do I hate it when RPGs take all your gear only to give it back a while later and now I have to re-equip everyone except I dont remember exactly what everyone had. Some sad shit tbh fam, I wish there was some sort of "restore everyone´s gear" button to press in situations like these...

Takamori

Learned

View attachment 44791

View attachment 44790
What AI you using? Also what prompts you used?

Also heard that Act 4 is broken in Owlcat fashion so have to wait at least 1 month so those bloody russians get it fixed.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I pirated the alpha like a half a year ago and didn't really have issues until at the end of act 2. Had three instances of needing a reload due to a bug in the actual paid release and I'm just at like halfway of act 2. Going to sit on it for some weeks at least.

jf8350143

Liturgist
In act 4 there is a quest where you need to find way in a large jungle, and every time you get in a new area there is a loading screen, and you will back track a lot because you don't know where you are going first time. As a result you spend more time stare at the loading screen than play the game.
I respect BG3 streaming some relatively large areas (for an isometric game) without loading screens...

Like whole Act exteriors.
Here is the thing, in that jungle, there are some areas you can travel between them without a loading screen, but only a few.

jf8350143

Liturgist
There are a bunch of items buffs you when a perils of wrap triggers, so I tried to use Idira again.

And everytime she triggers it she dies instantly, thus making all the buffs useless.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

View attachment 44791

View attachment 44790
What AI you using? Also what prompts you used?

Also heard that Act 4 is broken in Owlcat fashion so have to wait at least 1 month so those bloody russians get it fixed.
Mdjourney.

Really basic prompt, just like male portraits for rogue trader 40k.

Curious what Mortmal is using.

Yosharian

Arcane

View attachment 44791

View attachment 44790
Wow those are actually pretty awesome. Do you have high resolution sources?

jf8350143

Liturgist
The eldar companion quests are still bugged in chapter 4. Gonna wait for the next patch before continue.

ArchAngel

Arcane

jf8350143

Liturgist
I don't think you have enough loot to max even just one of the factions, let alone 5.

What the heck is Owlcat thinking?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
you should be able to max around 2 factions + navy
some planet projects give plenty of faction xp

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Respecced my character and now I can't access the Expanse map anymore and my game crashes. Yep it's Owlscat alright.
e: Reloading before I went to the ship didn't help. Apparently the game is completely fucked. Can't load the map at all. :hmmm:

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
Respecced my character and now I can't access the Expanse map anymore and my game crashes. Yep it's Owlscat alright.
e: Reloading before I went to the ship didn't help. Apparently the game is completely fucked. Can't load the map at all. :hmmm:
choices & consequences, the owlcat way

i also got hardlocked in ch4, just floating in empty space, no ship, no quests, no characters, no refunds

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom