Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Incendax

Augur
I mean I like the mini-game. It's just that the fucking AI is simply running away from me in a fucking straight line and there's nothing I can do. I've been redoing the fight and the same shit keeps happening.

90minutes of trial and error, and a fucking miserable 26 turns of chasing the fucking AI, it finally reached the border of the map, which apparently does exist. The fucking shit just stood there not taking any turns, just sitting in one place waiting patiently for me to catch up and one shot it's ass. This was fucking abysmal. I need to stop playing Rogue Trader, like right now. My tilt levels are reaching maximum capacity and it's not even noon yet.

The cherry on top is that if I continued to chase the shitter on my first try this all would have been avoided.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Blessed are those that die to data-Tyranids, so that the faithful may avoid their scything claws in the future.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Ughh, guys.
6kSbcSw.jpg

Please tell me this isn't something common after the patch. Also colours seem to be slightly changed?

OH NO PINK HORRORS OF SLAANESH

jf8350143

Liturgist
Ok, I get to chapter 4, and the game completely breaks.

There is no main quest, no new companion quests even after I received message from Cassia's family. NPCs ask to meet me and I was forced back into the ship yet nothing happens. Basically nothing is working and I'm just flying around the map cluelessly.

jf8350143

Liturgist
:prosper:Now I'm torned, I kind want to play through the game, especially considerring the plot is just about to get interesting.

But since act 4 and act 5 is such a buggy mess, I also want to restart the game.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Well I am stuck again, I can not side with the heretic Path on the main quest it seems and am unable to progress due to that.

One of the two first main quests does not continue if you follow the heretic path.

Owlcat_Eyler

This is specific to the aeldari hunting quest, I have Yrliet with me and after the battle with the aeldar in their camp, where you see that Winterscale is a Khorne servant and Yrliet defects because you are a heretic, I can not speak with Winterscale at all, there is nothing in the Village and returning to the ship will not trigger anything, including using the Map.

I will send a Bug report in game as well and try to progress it with Toybox, wish me luck

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

There is no main quest, no new companion quests even after I received message from Cassia's family. NPCs ask to meet me and I was forced back into the ship yet nothing happens. Basically nothing is working and I'm just flying around the map cluelessly.

I was able to progress further than that. You have to go to footfal and the nameless star for the main quest and another system for the Cassia quest, I will check which one soon (lower left though, something with smaragd or something similar in it's name if i remember correctly)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well I am stuck again, I can not side with the heretic Path on the main quest it seems and am unable to progress due to that.

One of the two first main quests does not continue if you follow the heretic path.

Owlcat_Eyler

This is specific to the aeldari hunting quest, I have Yrliet with me and after the battle with the aeldar in their camp, where you see that Winterscale is a Khorne servant and Yrliet defects because you are a heretic, I can not speak with Winterscale at all, there is nothing in the Village and returning to the ship will not trigger anything, including using the Map.

I will send a Bug report in game as well and try to progress it with Toybox, wish me luck
When I read stuff like that I understand why many of the talents and abilities are not working and not balanced, they need to fix all progress bugs first and that might take months..

jf8350143

Liturgist

I was able to progress further than that. You have to go to footfal and the nameless star for the main quest and another system for the Cassia quest, I will check which one soon (lower left though, something with smaragd or something similar in it's name if i remember correctly)

Yes but I checked other people's playthrough, after you get back to your ship, you were suppose to meet with your crew and companions, and they will give you the main quest plus their companions quests. But none of that scenes triggerred for me, so I lost access to pretty much all the companion quests. There is simply no point to continue.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yes but I checked other people's playthrough, after you get back to your ship, you were suppose to meet with your crew and companions, and they will give you the main quest plus their companions quests. But none of that scenes triggerred for me, so I lost access to pretty much all the companion quests. There is simply no point to continue.
Report it, make sure you got a save before that happens and play something else while you wait for next patch.

Shaki

Arbiter
Yea remember to spam that report a bug button, I probably send them 50+ reports in the last few days, I know these fuckers probably don't even read them since none of the shit I reported in beta got fixed, but maybe at some point they'll start. Things certainly will never get fixed if no one reports them, and some bugs are pretty rare.

Herumor

Scholar
I just wish the origins mattered more in conversations. If I pick Forge World, I feel like my character should have more options for interacting with the Mechanicus.
I hope going foward, Owlcat adds more reactivity in their games. It's one my biggest issue so far. They focus too much on their alignment/conviction and too little on the rest.
It's really strange - Wrath of the Righteous had a ton of reactivity based on your race, class and even your choice of deity. Then you go to Rogue Trader and there's barely any.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's really strange - Wrath of the Righteous had a ton of reactivity based on your race, class and even your choice of deity. Then you go to Rogue Trader and there's barely any.
Wrath was building on top of Kingmaker.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yea remember to spam that report a bug button, I probably send them 50+ reports in the last few days, I know these fuckers probably don't even read them since none of the shit I reported in beta got fixed, but maybe at some point they'll start. Things certainly will never get fixed if no one reports them, and some bugs are pretty rare.
I think they are just overwhelmed. I remember then I got back to playing Wrath with release of that island dungeon DLC I reported a fair bit of bugs I ran into due to playing all kinds of characters and classes and builds and they fixed a fair bit of my reported bugs 2 months later. Maybe even more in the meantime, I just stopped reading patch notes later.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I just wish the origins mattered more in conversations. If I pick Forge World, I feel like my character should have more options for interacting with the Mechanicus.
I hope going foward, Owlcat adds more reactivity in their games. It's one my biggest issue so far. They focus too much on their alignment/conviction and too little on the rest.
What. There's barely any reativity based on your race and class. There was a quite a lot for your diety tho. Especialy if you matched Diety with you Mythic path

Shaki

Arbiter
I was really impressed with the reactivity at the beginning of the game, it reacted well not only to my comissar origin, but even made multiple references and afaik some things changed, due to the triumph (being super respected poster child for the army) I chose. It dried up later, tho.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I was really impressed with the reactivity at the beginning of the game, it reacted well not only to my comissar origin, but even made multiple references and afaik some things changed, due to the triumph (being super respected poster child for the army) I chose. It dried up later, tho.
If you picked the Tortured darkest hour, it gets mentioned a lot of times thought the game.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Strikecraft.jpg

BTW I just noticed that the strikecraft are in (so far I have seen them launched only from the Chaos Murder-class cruisers) - this is a huge incline and makes me wonder if you get a cruiser of your own at some point to use them as well... or maybe there will be a DLC for that?

:philosoraptor:

Shaki

Arbiter
is it possible that all the reactivity just bugged out?
For people that turned 5% discount into +5 to cost in shop anything is possible..
Yesterday I shot an enemy with a plasma gun single shot, this shot overpenetrated and hit Abelard. It caused Abelard to get an interrupt turn with like 20AP. With Owlcat spaghetti code, everything is possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom