Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Lamiosa

Educated
Damn, Owlcat straight up giganerfed my drukhari blades from 45 max damage to 18 :prosper:

Rip dual-wield assassin build

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
1702568908236.png

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
think navigator got nerfed can't spam 7 attack spells anymore without ulti + lidless stare seems to do lower dmg than it should but might have been just specific enemy going to test more later

Im annoyed that I can't see hit chances + dmg + enemy hp and last chapter is probably very combat heavy so not rushing ending now

also if someone can do any ship combat encounter in chapter 5 unfair without torpedoes & flying away you are a true gamer

Harthwain

Magister
this game seems to be divorced from the PnP system so it's on whatever goes territory and considering the target market of Owlcat (young liberals, Larian crowd, Critical Role crowd) I don't think Owlcat will have balls to nerf shit
What "young liberals, Larian crowd, Critical Role crowd" specifically have to do with Warhammer and not nerfing broken builds? Or is this Pathfinder you're talking about?

Herumor

Scholar
Weird thing, but has anyone's game's visuals changed after the patch? Like the color's been bleached from the game a little bit, as if the contrast or brightness settings were changed, even though they show in the options they're still the same.

jungl

Augur
LOL reading all the negative steam reviews looks like they outdone themselves this time around people are asking for refunds. Baldurs gate 3 is infinitely worse though with all the cut content propped up as game of the year by literal retards that consoom the loverslab slop. Legends of amberland 2 and heros adventure are more fulfilling games. Remember when mainstream crpgs were not buggy half produced messes was this curse started by mass effect andromeda?

Shaki

Arbiter
Lmao, so the patch broke the saves, also they fixed 9000 irrelevant visual, sound etc. fixes but barely touched broken talents/abilities.

Also lmao at "The Interstellar Sextant is now taking more turns before escaping in the Warp;" - the whole thing is bugged, finishing the objective and stopping the Sextant from jumping actually gives less rewards than letting it go. That is apparently not important, changing the turns number so you can have easier time getting fucked by the bug, is a priority here.

I wonder how things are even working inside Owlcat. It seems they have no one setting priorities, giving direction, just an over 9000 pages long list of things to do, and individuals just pick whatever they want randomly?

CaesarCzech

Scholar
This is worse than Kingmaker, seems like sanctions really fucked Owls over.

Seriously i like Yank i can deal with broken abilities but quests should be completable.

Shaki

Arbiter
This is worse than Kingmaker, seems like sanctions really fucked Owls over.

Seriously i like Yank i can deal with broken abilities but quests should be completable.
Tbh I didn't encounter any gamebreaking/quest bugs that couldn't be fixed with a reload, but maybe I was lucky. Talents/abilities tho are in infinitely worse state that both Pathfinders were at launch, there is literally more broken abilities and talents than working ones, tho a lot of people who aren't autists like me simply don't notice this because a lot of bugs are numerical, and no one digs in the logs to see if all their bonuses apply correctly.

Lamiosa

Educated
Damn, Owlcat straight up giganerfed my drukhari blades from 45 max damage to 18 :prosper:

Dual Wield is not working or they just nerfed the weapons?
Nah it still works, they just removed 18 damage from the drukhari blades dropped in one of the worlds at the end of chapter 2. Dual Wield works reasonable enough, at the end of chapter 2, pre blades nerf, I could do more than 300 damage in turn 1 (not counting attacks of opportunity from enemies trying to run or Cassia moving them around), using voice of command + iron arm and going for charge + aim for the opening + first hand attack + second hand attack + death whisper (and 1 or 2 sure fire plan attacks).

Obviously it's not a broken build, just a fun one.

Vasya

Novice

They nerfed most melee weapons and it seems that they nerfed two-handed harder than one-handed.
I assume that before the patch the strength bonus was added twice - to base damage and in hit damage calculations.

Shaki

Arbiter
Arch-Militant's Versatility feature now correctly counts burst fire as a separate type of attack;
Idk what they did, but now post patch burst fire gives 2 stacks of versatility and don't require any other attacks between bursts to get stacks, you can just spam burst fire and get like 10 stacks per turn, even on simplest fixes they somehow just break shit even worse

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom