Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

REhorror

Educated
Mods will fix it.

Heretic detected.
*BLAM*

Brethren, it is indeed proven that white-haired Sisters of Battle are indeed the ultimate choice for the Man of Taste and Honour (the only other option are the fortunately non-canonical female version of Primarchs) but Argenta is boring as hell. She's mechanically the best damage dealer you can think of BUT

Her personal dialogue is boring, she's a Sister stereotype. Nothing wrong with that, but Owlcat's writing keeps trying to make her a Paladin In Space and it feels incredibly off, a lot of her dialogue seems to come out of Wrathfinder. Very little banter or interruption during dialogue.

Personal quest BLATANTLY unfinished. Orphans and random encounter with cultists, that's it. Her final quest is essentially a bugged flag that gives you a Power Armour and that's it. It's like a lot of things in RT: unfinished, half-assed, lacking effort.

To find a 2d toon interesting she needs to have character. Cassia has character (if you like or not fish tits it's beyond the point). The main sin of Argenta is that she's dull.
It is pretty insulting to find Argenta dull or brainless when fuck retarded characters like the space elf exists.

Argenta has plenty of characters, she's a zealot with an insecurity on her character but unwavering faith in the Emprah, such character stands out in-game where everyone is some kind of retarded snowflakes or heretic.

Cassia is fine as a romancing target, but Argenta is the role model where we aspire to be.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
people who bought the Pathfinder games knew what they were getting into.

Yes and no. I was a backer for both Pathfinders and I played them both on launch, so I knew what would come, but even then I wasn't expecting this much. WOTR was in much better shape on launch than Kingmaker and I thought of it as of the progress they made. I expected (foolishly) that RT would be even better in terms of bugginess and QOL thingies, but it was worse than even Kingmaker. I wasn't expecting this and I broke - my wife loves the game much and she played it couple of times after the launch, but I can't bring myself to play it again soon, if ever. I don't know now, but at the moment I don't know if I would buy their next game day one, or after a year or two, heavily discounted.
I waited six months for P:K and should have for Wrath.

I'll be doing Definitive Edition RT and not before.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, I was really in the mood to play something like this and my finger hovered over the buy button a couple times the past couple days. But after hearing more reports after this big patch, the game still sounds like it's in beta. Truly shameful of Owlcat. They really can't keep operating this way. If they can't handle developing in such a wide and grand scope, they really need to cut their games down.

Maybe v1.0 will be out in the next 6 months sometime.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/4201365791513305188
Hotfix 1.1.31

Warhammer 40000: Rogue Trader Hotfix 1.1.31

Lord Captains, heralds bring the news about our next hotfix! Get aboard the Voidship and check out with your advisors for changes!

Check https://steamcommunity.com/app/2186680/discussions/0/4027970580228219058/ for up-to-date information on known issues and upcoming patches.

System and stability

• Fixed the infinite pause issue at the start of ground combat during some of the Warp encounters;

Co-op

• Fixed more desync issues;

Narrative

• It was possible to get into the

Items

• The Life-Draining Sword - fixed damage and Heretical effect;

Visual

• Fixed the Astartes Plasma Pistol's size;

User Interface

• Sometimes, the inspection window would freeze while playing with a controller - fixed;
  • Show Helmet option in the inventory hides the base costume of Yrliet and Marazhai - fixed;
  • Quest journal did not open in some cases - fixed;
  • Sometimes, the inspection window would freeze while playing with a controller - fixed;

Sound and Music

• Added missing Theodora line during the first conversation;

std::namespace

but Argenta is the role model where we aspire to be.
icegif-520.gif

notpl

Arbiter
Got a game-ending bug with exit disappearing at the Footfall bar in Act 4. Thanks, Owlcat!
Have you finished the Chorda fight or otherwise resolved the situation? A lot of people seem to misunderstand that as a bug when it isn't - once you enter, you cannot leave until you close out the quest.

Camel

Scholar
Have you finished the Chorda fight or otherwise resolved the situation? A lot of people seem to misunderstand that as a bug when it isn't - once you enter, you cannot leave until you close out the quest.
I did
kill Chorda, she was way too crazy even for my dogmatic RT. You know someone went too far when even Argenta and Heinrix disapprove.
but the devs should've made it clear. Also the Jae's personal quest is bugged and I can't enter the sewers.

Beat this and it's sadly Owlcat's worst game for me. Fluff-wise it's the best since I don't give two shits about the Pathfinder setting, but after the sizable changes from mythic paths in WotR it was absolutely brutal how little your alignment matters in RT, and it's not even worth talking about the origins in RT since that only came up in one or two bits of fluff text in the opening tutorial chapter. Even worse, you get presented with some potential alignment shifts for your companions which do jack-shit, and the secret companions seem to have even less dialog than the ones in WotR. Then there's the completely fucky combat balance, and even assuming they fix all the bugs it seems like the game's going to feel rougher than either Pathfinder. It's unfortunate since the ship battles are the first enjoyable minigame from Owlcat and the 40k fluff's well done. I suppose if nothing else it gets bonus points for tasteful necron tentacle rape.

62272C3D7587EC9571FC93F5D0870B88D036358A

REhorror

Educated
Beat this and it's sadly Owlcat's worst game for me. Fluff-wise it's the best since I don't give two shits about the Pathfinder setting, but after the sizable changes from mythic paths in WotR it was absolutely brutal how little your alignment matters in RT, and it's not even worth talking about the origins in RT since that only came up in one or two bits of fluff text in the opening tutorial chapter. Even worse, you get presented with some potential alignment shifts for your companions which do jack-shit, and the secret companions seem to have even less dialog than the ones in WotR. Then there's the completely fucky combat balance, and even assuming they fix all the bugs it seems like the game's going to feel rougher than either Pathfinder. It's unfortunate since the ship battles are the first enjoyable minigame from Owlcat and the 40k fluff's well done. I suppose if nothing else it gets bonus points for tasteful necron tentacle rape.

62272C3D7587EC9571FC93F5D0870B88D036358A
Tanakia is awfully underrated, wish you could save her.
I somehow like her better than Heindrix.

Lambach

Arcane
Jesus Christ, breaking this game completely is so easy it's goddamn unbelievable. Both Pathfinder and Kingmaker had plenty of ways to trivialize the game from the mid-point or so, but it was never this piss-easy, not even close. Here, you almost have to actively go out of your way not to create an absurdly overpowered party that steamrolls everything before even your party members get to take a turn. Getting extra attacks, extra turns, stacking stats to absurdly high levels, debuffing enemies into drooling vegetables is not only incredibly cheap and easy, but you are never once faced with a combat encounter that would force you to deviate from the exact same approach, because "stack extra turns and extra attacks to infinity" is a perfectly valid strategy everywhere and also extremely easy to pull off.

I just wiped the fucking floor with
Calcazar and more than half his crew
on Unfair before my whole Party even got done taking their turn, before anyone on the enemy team had even a theoretical chance of reacting, because completely preventing the NPCs from even being involved in the fight is extremely easy due to a ridiculous abundance of cheap and easy methods to keep your own Party and your Party alone acting and taking turns in perpetuity. And even if the fight isn't over in the first round already, all the remotely dangerous enemies are already long gone and the trash mobs are already debuffed to the point they're about as dangerous as newborn kittens.

I mean, look at this shit. Just look at it.

wtf.png

This is BEFORE Idira even took her own turn, as in, the one she rolled Initiative for. She was able to trigger this many Perils of the Warp just though Officer, Grand Strategist and Bounty Hunter abilities and Heroic Acts.

There has never been a cRPG with action economy this completely broken.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It is fucking hilarious that the character with the vague japanese sounding name gets hentai tentacled.

On the other hand, pure degeneracy that it's now canon or whatever.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Jesus Christ, breaking this game completely is so easy it's goddamn unbelievable. Both Pathfinder and Kingmaker had plenty of ways to trivialize the game from the mid-point or so, but it was never this piss-easy, not even close. Here, you almost have to actively go out of your way not to create an absurdly overpowered party that steamrolls everything before even your party members get to take a turn. Getting extra attacks, extra turns, stacking stats to absurdly high levels, debuffing enemies into drooling vegetables is not only incredibly cheap and easy, but you are never once faced with a combat encounter that would force you to deviate from the exact same approach, because "stack extra turns and extra attacks to infinity" is a perfectly valid strategy everywhere and also extremely easy to pull off.

I just wiped the fucking floor with
Calcazar and more than half his crew
on Unfair before my whole Party even got done taking their turn, before anyone on the enemy team had even a theoretical chance of reacting, because completely preventing the NPCs from even being involved in the fight is extremely easy due to a ridiculous abundance of cheap and easy methods to keep your own Party and your Party alone acting and taking turns in perpetuity. And even if the fight isn't over in the first round already, all the remotely dangerous enemies are already long gone and the trash mobs are already debuffed to the point they're about as dangerous as newborn kittens.

I mean, look at this shit. Just look at it.

wtf.png

This is BEFORE Idira even took her own turn, as in, the one she rolled Initiative for. She was able to trigger this many Perils of the Warp just though Officer, Grand Strategist and Bounty Hunter abilities and Heroic Acts.

There has never been a cRPG with action economy this completely broken.
I do not even mind that for Calcazar fight as that is 2nd last fight in the game, but this starts happening in Act 3 or 4 depending how much min maxing you did.
And before that you can already start doing crazy damage that can decide combat in turn 1.

Lambach

Arcane
I do not even mind that for Calcazar fight as that is 2nd last fight in the game

I disagree, the fact that this is supposed to be the penultimate challenge in the game and I'm breezing through it like it's an average Voidship Warp invasion is especially what bothers me. The finale is where you're supposed to crank it up to 11 and introduce a challenge that will make the player modify and reconsider his strategy, not just sleepwalk through it via muscle memory. If you can handle the final boss of the game in the exact same way you handle a random trash mob encounter #65742367786, your gameplay system is dogshit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I do not even mind that for Calcazar fight as that is 2nd last fight in the game

I disagree, the fact that this is supposed to be the penultimate challenge in the game and I'm breezing through it like it's an average Voidship Warp invasion is especially what bothers me. The finale is where you're supposed to crank it up to 11 and introduce a challenge that will make the player modify and reconsider his strategy, not just sleepwalk through it via muscle memory. If you can handle the final boss of the game in the exact same way you handle a random trash mob encounter #65742367786, your gameplay system is dogshit.
Sure in a perfect world/game but almost all games lose all semblance of challenge near the end.

Lambach

Arcane
Sure in a perfect world/game but almost all games lose all semblance of challenge near the end.

Actually, Owlcat's own previous game is sort of a counter-example to this. In WotR, my Parties usually get powerful enough that I end up sleepwalking through Act 5 because of how many options there are to get ridiculously powerful that late in the game. But even so, in Chapter 6, I always get a nice slap that wakes me up and makes me pay attention, because it goes completely fucking balls-to-the-walls (which it should, given the overall theme of the campaign). Not saying it's particularly challenging. per se, but I always end up having to switch up and do something different compared to the usual steamrolling tactics of the two previous Chapters.

Meanwhile, in RT, invading an ancient Necron tomb and killing a fucking god (well, partial god, but still) was fundamentally absolutely no different than taking out a bunch of ordinary human gangbangers/rebels.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Lol. Rofl. Lmao, even. :lol:

This has got to be a bug with Lethality or something. No way in hell would anyone intentionally design it like this.

I've been wondering for weeks who the fuck designed the combat system. It's apparently intended to be insanity. Everyone and his dog can see that it's a completely insane and puzzling design, but apparently Owlcat finds it.... acceptable? After all, they already got the money and started running.

The "patch" added much needed fixes like.... more voice acting!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lol. Rofl. Lmao, even. :lol:

lol.png

This has got to be a bug with Lethality or something. No way in hell would anyone intentionally design it like this.
1316 Lethality can only be a bug. I am playing Last Epoch until they fix RT for real. At least Killing Edge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom