Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I wouldn't mind if corruption of the MC starts this way in the game.
8nrY5lm.jpg

It's always been disappointing to me that daemonettes don't look remotely attractive.

What you'd think you get (big-titty demon waifu):

d5x4wuu-17bfb9d0-a9f2-4b5d-ada5-956b20db7c7a.jpg

What you actually get (uniboob monstrosity that might be packing a bigger dick than you):

FJeUkeTXIAo1K6U.jpg:large

Slaaneshi worshippers are the worst degenerates. Also, trivia of the day, they fuck their horses.

These things.
fiend_concept.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
daemonettes don't look remotely attractive.

Me too. I don't get why 99,999% of this seduction demoness are so ugly. At least in modern games. just compare Diablo 1 Succubi with D3/4. Is not only WH40k. Age of Conan demonologist's pet is probably the most recent western game with attractive succubus which I remember(not counting mods) and the game is very old. And before someone mentions, no, I don't consider Arueshalae attractive.

Too long thread to read, but i see there's even some dev interaction. So did you guys managed to convince olwcat to make rogue trader grimdark and faithfull to the settings, void of modern political sensibilities, and make the combat deep and tactical ?

After looking into gameplays, mainly the CohhCarnage let's play, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I know that this can be seem as a minor thing, but one thing which worries me is that seems like weapons determine many skills which you charname has. I hope that they would't go into full gear dependency.

In WH40k - Darktide, I'm trying to find a dan good surge staff, logging each day and checking the "mission shop" and it never appears. Also never gets it from mission rewards. Talking about psykers, did they confirmed biomancy? People say taht Biomancy is amazing in Dark Heresy TT RPG. As Dark Heresy is a very lethal game, where doesn't matter how strong you charname is. A single bolter shot could mutilate your limbs and having a biomancer allows you to not have to buy expensive "implants"

PAge 154 of the dark heresy core rolebook

cK1FAh3.png

dress wearer

Robes aren't dresses. Dress is what you use, robe is what your gnome master uses. IS that hard to understand? Also, this is WH40k. An Dark Angel Librarian :

hwLCZhD.png

You can either worship the strongest Psyker who ever existed or worship chaos. Psykers should rule non psykers.

Harthwain

Magister
It's always been disappointing to me that daemonettes don't look remotely attractive.
Me too. I don't get why 99,999% of this seduction demoness are so ugly. At least in modern games.
They weren't exactly attractive in the 80s and the 2nd Edition either, so this isn't just the modern trend here: https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/40k-retro-28-years-of-daemonettes.html

3rd Edition is probably the closest to what you have in mind:

daemonette-3rd.jpg

Technomancer

Liturgist

Me too. I don't get why 99,999% of this seduction demoness are so ugly.

GW specifically also loves to sell their stupid toys to random kids who pass along with their moms. Pretty sure this is also the prime reason why they nuked Slaanesh out of rebooted fantasy setting. So demons in question can't be too slutty and have to be more monstrous and hideous rather than sexualized. In universe they probably invent some warp bullshit where actual visage of the sex demon is irrelevant because through psychic suggestion they look like whatever horny human lusts for the most.

On broader scope, there is an agenda of removing sexualized feminine characters, even in such absurd cases where it is integral to the setting and core of the idea. One example being Bioware deleting titty, curvy (and moderately attractive) desire demon out of Dragon Age by game 3.

Last edited:

Peachcurl

Cipher

Me too. I don't get why 99,999% of this seduction demoness are so ugly.

GW specifically also loves to sell their stupid toys to random kids who pass along with their moms. So they can't be too slutty and have to be more monstrous rather than sexualized. In universe they probably invent some warp bullshit where actual visage of the sex demon is irrelevant because through psychic suggestion they look like whatever horny human lusts for the most.
I'd also note that most cultists probably don't start by meeting a seductive demon. Other humans do the initial seduction.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Juan Diaz monster girl daemonettes are some of most desired old sculpts but GW doesn't want to do anythin with that of course. Diaz also made 2006 Avatar of Khaine and old metal Daemon Prince.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
In universe they probably invent some warp bullshit where actual visage of the sex demon is irrelevant because through psychic suggestion they look like whatever horny human lusts for the most.

Pretty sure that's been the case since the original Slaves to Darkness book.

Reinhardt

Arcane
In universe they probably invent some warp bullshit where actual visage of the sex demon is irrelevant because through psychic suggestion they look like whatever horny human lusts for the most.
iirc in warhammer fantasy they just emit some pheromones and sheeit. and voice mindfuck. at least it was in gotrek and felix novels during praag siege. enemies just stand still and being slaughtered by daemonettes or kill each other to reach "waifu" first.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
iirc in warhammer fantasy they just emit some pheromones and sheeit. and voice mindfuck. at least it was in gotrek and felix novels during praag siege. enemies just stand still and being slaughtered by daemonettes or kill each other to reach "waifu" first.

Exactly this and I am pretty sure this is the case in 40K as well. The point is that people who fall for demons of pleasure (or any other demons really) are ultimately fooled - they only appear hot because of magical/warp mindfuckery but in fact are hideous. Same with Nurgle - he offers immunity from sickness but the price is that you basically become a husk of rotting flesh etc. Wishgranter from STALKER (both the book and the games) works in a similar way.

IMO making Daemonettes actually hot would be missing the point. It would be like making Plaguebearers look like bodybuilders at peak health.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Slaanesh is not just about being a sick, disgusting pervert. Sure, the way towards slaaneshi heresy starts with that (if you are a noble looking to indulge in the latest pleasure, or a junkie looking for the most potent drug of all), but I thought that Slaanesh is about pure corruption? Completely breaking any social mores and morality in pursuit of desire. Pleasures and depravity which the normal human and xenos mind can probably scarcely even comprehend.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Sculpt can neither have pheromones or break morality. By avoiding tits because lore you end up with prude looking slaanesh, which is lame.

Trithne

Erudite
Slaanesh is not just about being a sick, disgusting pervert. Sure, the way towards slaaneshi heresy starts with that (if you are a noble looking to indulge in the latest pleasure, or a junkie looking for the most potent drug of all), but I thought that Slaanesh is about pure corruption? Completely breaking any social mores and morality in pursuit of desire. Pleasures and depravity which the normal human and xenos mind can probably scarcely even comprehend.

Slaanesh is about excess. Whether that be excess in indulging in base pleasures, or excessive pride in oneself, Slaanesh calls to those who cannot help but go beyond the limits of rational thought. When you lose yourself in the ecstasy of the moment, there you will find Slaanesh.

Sculpt can neither have pheromones or break morality. By avoiding tits because lore you end up with prude looking slaanesh, which is lame.

"Just put tits on it because it's a _pleasure daemon_ is stupid. The whole point is that Slaanesh's beauty is inhuman, that when you see with your eyes unclouded you see horrors, because you were lost to your fantasies. If you need tits on a pewter model for that, you don't get Slaanesh.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
GW has to walk a fine line because at the end of the day, they want to sell products. Demonettes have never been sexy, because otherwise GW would have to explain to moral guardians why their wargame not only has satanic imagery, but satanic imagery with sexualized themes (oh the horror).

To be fair to them, it's a wargame, so making things sexy is out of place anyways.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Too bad for moral guardians, and good for gw, that alternative makers dont know what is out of place or not, which is why there is a half dozen or more giant hoofed tit daemons on sale, as in reality players just want to put as their centerpiece of army huge daemon milf mom.

Btw its a wonder but what female players there are they often play slaanesh.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Man this reminds me of dakka. I once said there female minis should have tits and pretty hair, barely escaped alive. Hurr spartans had long hair hurr.

Also if you dont have enough absurdism in your life, you just seen Craftworlds player defend slaanesh right to bear tits!

Mortmal

Arcane
GW has to walk a fine line because at the end of the day, they want to sell products. Demonettes have never been sexy, because otherwise GW would have to explain to moral guardians why their wargame not only has satanic imagery, but satanic imagery with sexualized themes (oh the horror).

To be fair to them, it's a wargame, so making things sexy is out of place anyways.
You can easily get away with chaos knights of nurgle with their intestines hanging out no problem for the USA market, but a sexy demon, no way , absolutely impossible. Those puritan kwans have ruined it all for us since decades.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

You can easily get away with chaos knights of nurgle with their intestines hanging out no problem for the USA market, but a sexy demon, no way , absolutely impossible. Those puritan kwans have ruined it all for us since decades.
If you ever wonder why media has a stance of "violence good, sex bad" keep in mind that one is marketable to children and the other one is not.

That's it, really. It's all about the $$$.

Mortmal

Arcane

If you ever wonder why media has a stance of "violence good, sex bad" keep in mind that one is marketable to children and the other one is not.

That's it, really. It's all about the $$$.
thats true and i bet rogue trader will be marketable for children as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom