Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun - W40K boomer shooter

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So I finished it. The game was enjoyable but honestly it could've been shorter because a lot of it was just filler. Here, run around another arena with a Lord of Change/Great Unclean One and a million minions for the fifth time.

This ultrasmurf dude is undoubtably the single strongest regular marine in the entire setting since in a 24 hour period I killed a dozen greater demons, an entire legion's worth of chaos marines and like 300 terminators, all the while doing parkour moves in a 2-ton set of power armor.

Also not balanced at all on Exterminatus unless you like holding down the shoot button. The final battle was throws not one, not two, but 5 long ass boss HP bars for you to chew through.

Most dangerous enemy by far was the Nurgling. Those things are horrifying and endless.

7/10 would boltgun again but on a lower difficulty.

Ivan

Arcane
It's on gamepass so I gave it a spin. It's competent/serviceable. Nothing I' plan on replaying
-nice visuals
-soundtrack sucks
-arena combat encounters can suck when they're so big it becomes a pain to find the last "VIP" enemy that opens the doors
-movement/mantling feels good, and you have a fast sprint, so it makes sprinting through the levels its own kind of fun

I think I've seen the best has to offer by the end of chapter 1 and I think I'll be packing up and moving on.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom