Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Endemic

Arcane
Second part of Proxy Retribution is live. Mobile Defense (3 terminals x 2 minutes) this time. Expect the usual higher level hyenas\bursas.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Ahahaha, this was awsome. Nice trolling by DE as usual on people who do not know what proxy retibution is (like me). I came for the "level 10-15 def" as advertised, and got drawn into 20 waves with a hyena pack and 2 bursas in each of them. Thankfully somefag had a frost, so in combination with my Trinners it was a fun ride in the end with many dead casuals who cannot into stying inside the bubble.
The Lettuce provides as usual :salute:

The MOBA was lulzy easy compared to that. But hey, 2 frametatos and 1 weaptato. Good haul in the end.

Last edited:
don't worry, excalibur has just been nerfed, finally. i don't know by how much, i haven't tried it yet with the new changed, but it's been nerfed.

yes, there isn't much content "per se", most of the endgame consist in honinh your own skills and trying to break through the rule of cool as much and often as you can. and trying new weapons and combinations of weapons to see which ones suits your style better.

if you want to keep playing for free, your main source of in-game currency is going to be selling syndicate stuff, so work hard on that, it'll be worth.

Gerrard

Arcane
Brofisted some robots.
meon4jI.jpg

Level 25-30 enemies shouldn't deal that much damage though, what the fuck.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Ack & Brunt
:what:
It's even lens'd. Two different schools actually... What teh ack?:retarded:
If you could at least wear it on your head, it would improve bucketface, but...

Nice loot tho. But 30 mins survival? Mah eyes are already bleeding thinking of it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Well, they... look different? COLLECT THEM ALL!

No seriously, Excalibro is THE melee frame. And totally not known for just running around with exalted blade all the time while yelling "EVEVEVEV".

Most frames are pretty much defined by their ultimate (sometimes even a lower ability), a few examples:
You like setting people aflame? Pick the rooster.
You like hiding like a little girl? Pick Loki.
You like HULK SMASH? Pick Rhino.
You like healing ungrateful pricks who treat you like their personal nanny? Trinity is your frame!
You like having a glowing rod in your hand that gets larger the longer you wield it... wait, that came out wrong. But that would be the ape-king.

There is probably tons of videos on jewtube to show them all off.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Ack & Brunt
:what:
It's even lens'd. Two different schools actually... What teh ack?:retarded:
If you could at least wear it on your head, it would improve bucketface, but...

Nice loot tho. But 30 mins survival? Mah eyes are already bleeding thinking of it.
20 minutes. You didn't do the alert? It's always a free slot even if you don't want the weapon.

So Warframe experts just answer me one thing that'll make of break this game for me: so far I only have Exalibro, are the other frames sufficiently different from each other to diversify the gameplay? Do they feel different, like Moba characters or something?
frames are BRUTALLY different from each other. they would slap your face with molten lava just for having asked that-brutally.
there can be more useful or less useful (nekros, i'm talking with you), more specific or less specific, but they're all extremely different.

20 minutes. You didn't do the alert? It's always a free slot even if you don't want the weapon.
fuck, i skipped it because i already had the weapon but i didn't think of this...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
'Course I did, a handful of minutes before it ended, 30 min was a typo. Our hall hero died 5 mins in and left, because Bless has now a limited range and nobody bothered to search for his rotting corpse. I for one applaud that change. Went smoother than I thought in the end.

:3/5:
Would grind again.

less useful (nekros, i'm talking with you)
Liek wut bro? Negro farms better than the state of Ohio. Just bring something that slices corpse in handy bits, so you get quadruple loot rolls. Sheet, if you bring Negro to one of those proxy retaliashun alerts, you would end up with more oxium you could ever spent.

Last edited:
Liek wut bro? Negro farms better than the state of Ohio. Just bring something that slices corpse in handy bits, so you get quadruple loot rolls. Sheet, if you bring Negro to one of those proxy retaliashun alerts, you would end up with more oxium you could ever spent.

as useful as bringing a metal detector to a gun fight.

Endemic

Arcane
Nekros is also good for getting life support in survivals. Especially if you want to cheese it by sewer camping. :P

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well well well, check this ma nigs:

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

The starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

1. Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  2. Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting Mod capacity is 20.
  3. Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.
The formula is:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (x2 if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!
Now you're playing with power.

Anyway, Atlas dealing over 10k damage with the 1st power is pretty normal, since the power stacks with melee mods and combo multiplier, and the power has an innate damage, AoE and energy cost reduction multiplier on spam too. It's an amazingly awesome power. Just remember not to say ORA too much while playing with Atlas or you might accidentally run out of your Survival timer 15 minutes before you originally planned.

as useful as bringing a metal detector to a gun fight.
Well when you are bringing Negros along you are expecting to use that metal detector too for stuff like double Oxium or other goodies. Negros is NOT Hydroid though, Hydroid is kind of a sad sack who isn't good enough at anything in particular. Negros has an instant ragdoll tap power (potential to hit multiple closely packed targets too), the metal detector also spawns Health orbs, and Shadows of the Dead is a good defensive screen and extra source of damage.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just picked this up a few days ago. Very addictive. Currently planning to try and get to Ash, his ultimate seems broken beyond belief in the long run. Kind of trying to avoid spending all my time on the wiki optimizing how to play though, I like being surprised by good mod drops and what kind of enemies I encounter.

Vaarna_Aarne

It's actually IMO easier to skip regular Ash and instead round up a Codex posse to get you the parts for Ash Prime, unless you happen to think about farming Equinox parts to since that's the surefire way to rack up Grineer Maniacs.

Also, worth noting that Bladestorm is under review at the moment, and might get some manner of nerf.

Just some advice: Sign up with syndicates early on (either the three on the left, or the three on the right), and focus on your basic needs mods first to a decent level when it comes to fusion (basic needs as in aura>stance>overall damage>elemental damage>melee attack speed>health>Rush>shields>everything else).

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Stuff about MR elitists becoming even more smug now
A while ago people asking for a high MR to group were mostly sneering elitists, but some at least did it thinking that having a high MR implies some basic competence.
Then Draco came and people asking for high MR get players who don't even know what the abilities on their latest frame do.
Now asking for a high MR still gets you the same retards, but with added extra lulz when they run around with 200 shields and some random damaged mods like warm coat. :salute:

Since it doesn't change the cap, it WOULD only make leveling alt-frames easier, starting with enough mod points for some basic setup without a tato, but... well Draco exisits. +M
A level 0 frame is still shit, even if you slap maximized redirection on it.

Currently planning to try and get to Ash, his ultimate seems broken beyond belief in the long run
Trying to pick your frame on what is currently broken OP is not a good idea, unless you spend real moneyz to get him right now. By the time you have farmed him, he might be only a shadow of his former self.
Pro tip regarding syndicates: plan ahead which frames you want to play and pick the group having the most/mandatory augs for it. Don't be like me, picking the synds all the cool kids picked because they had the augs for the manly male frames. And then ending up playing the trannie surprise ones with no augs to fill them. Well done past-me. :argh:

Vaarna_Aarne

The thing with Syndicate stuff isn't the weapons or the mods, it's the fact Syndicate gives you access to Large Team Restores (or as I call them, Pies) but most important Syndicate standing overflow is what gets you vast mountains of Void Keys of all sorts. Though having an in-group that can acquire all augs or weapons for free on request is always a good thing too.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Negros is NOT Hydroid though, Hydroid is kind of a sad sack who isn't good enough at anything in particular
Played a dork defense once with Negro and Hydroxid. Before I met a Limbo player, that was my bar for "can't get any more annoying". Try EV'ing anything if 10tacle RAEP throws them around like free candy. :argh:

Note to self: if I ever find myself grouped with negro, limbo and hydroxid, quit game and write sad poem in diary.:cry:

Mai Warframe is stronk.
Everyone else is so wrong.
Nobody understands meeeee.
Stalker shot an arrow in my knee.
The end.

I swear that emo-operator voice drags me down.

The thing with Syndicate stuff isn't the weapons or the mods, it's the fact Syndicate gives you access to Large Team Restores (or as I call them, Pies)
Thankfully both the Space Jews AND Arbitrrrs give the energy frey pies, so you get them on both sides. For a moment I was afraid sucking up to Sister Miriam had screwed me out of those.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you ever wonder about why [insert dumb shit here] is in Warframe this is your answer

sUuFKnZ.png

It's actually IMO easier to skip regular Ash and instead round up a Codex posse to get you the parts for Ash Prime, unless you happen to think about farming Equinox parts to since that's the surefire way to rack up Grineer Maniacs.
the maniacs in the boss fight are special and don't drop ash parts.
thus, as already said, forget regular ash and aim for ash prime.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
the maniacs in the boss fight are special and don't drop ash parts.
thus, as already said, forget regular ash and aim for ash prime.
Seriously? That was what I was counting on for making it even remotely viable getting him. Urghhhh. No wonder his ult is so OP if he's that obnoxious to get.

Vaarna_Aarne

A single Codex Cool Squad could get you the parts for Ash Prime in a single farming session. Wouldn't even cost anything, since even the most annoying RNG bit (Defense III C, and that's more about the time it will require than anything else, given that most longterm players in this thread are equipped tantamount to thermonuclear weapons in this game) about that will still yield side benefits to those farming it until the drop comes.

Endemic

Arcane
You can use Nova to speed up enemies to make defenses quicker, survival is always a fixed clock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom