Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Walking around in real life - The Pokemon Go thread

---

Arcane
ds_AQXv_U.png

Severian Silk

I saw my first pokemon goers today across the street from my house. They were kids tho, not adults.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Evan Scribner claims he’s now single after his girlfriend discovered he was “cheating” on her — thanks to the geolocation feature in the addicting scavenger hunt-style cellphone game.

“She saw that I had caught a Pokémon while at my ex’s house,” Scribner said.

And when the Sunnyside, Queens resident didn’t have a good excuse as to why he was wandering around his ex’s Brooklyn neighborhood, his gal pal said see you later Feraligatr.

Source

:lol:

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
jcctvyS.jpg

It seems there is more than meets the eye when it comes to Pokémon GO. Players are already mining through the game's code to discover its many secrets, and what they've uncovered so far is certainly going to be of interest to fans who can't get enough of the addictive mobile game.

For starters, fans have already discovered the existence of the three legendary bird Pokémon (Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres) in the game's code, though no players have yet discovered the elusive creatures in the real world. It's unclear if the rare Pokémon will even be available for capture in the wild, or if they might be tied to some yet-to-be-announced in-game event.

However, the discovery of some of the original Pokémon's most powerful creatures is just the start. Fans have also discovered additional types of berries (used for various Pokémon-hunting purposes), new types of incense (used to lure Pokémon to a location) and "natures" like stoic and raider, which are still a complete mystery. Natures usually refer to a Pokémon's personality type, but it remains to be seen how the system might be used in Pokémon GO.

One discovery that isn't much of a mystery is what appears to be a sponsorship with McDonald's. Pokémon GO developer Niantic has previously stated that it will be looking to add "sponsored locations" to the game, just as it did with Pokémon GO's predecessor Ingress.

Judging from files reportedly found within the game's code by one Reddit user, McDonald's is likely to be one of those key partnerships. The fast food company's name appears wholesale in the game code, and another redditor has seemingly discovered a McDonald's logo within the game files.

What does it mean? According to one of the people responsible for making the discovery, it appears that an in-game event may turn all McDonald's locations into gyms, though this is far from confirmed.

Businesses are already capitalizing on the Pokémon GO fever by promoting the game and encouraging players to visit. Even the National Park Service is using the game as a method to attract visitors. With all of that in mind, it makes perfect sense that major restaurant chains like McDonald's would seek to make an official deal with Niantic. McDonald's, for better or worse, is likely just the beginning.

After all, pokemon is always about to be the very jewish best of them all

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...kémon-mcdonalds-sponsorship-and-new-items.htm

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
9SQiWxH.png

Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to save them.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why would it be posted when it has jack shit to do with the game?

da_rays

Augur
Awesome thread , entertainment from all around the world! It's not even available here in Canada yet ( and i mean its just not available on google market and app store , but a workaround let you have it ) and 2 days ago , 2 19 yo dudes were hunting pokémon with their car , both eyes lock on their cellphone while driving , they were so close to get some rare shit until the ride was stop abrutly with an obstacle. POLICE CAR. I would love to see the description on that ticket.

for the curious and thoses who understand french: http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/07/13/pokemon-police

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom