Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VTM: Redemption.. HDTP Re-Texture Mod

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Looking sweet dude. Keep it up!

Wunderpurps

Educated
I know I will be accused of butthurt but everything looks worse than before so far, and the textures for redemption just aren't muddy except maybe the schlatzchas.

ortucis

Prophet
Wunderpurps said:
I know I will be accused of butthurt but everything looks worse than before so far, and the textures for redemption just aren't muddy except maybe the schlatzchas.

This HDTP is for those of us who didn't install the "HD-E.Y.E" extention at local LIMB clinic.

xemous

Arcane
lowergame said:
What are your favorite disciplines? Is there any point in taking form of the beast (the protean discipline that lets you shift into a wolf) Is the wolf form any good in combat?

i do the same thing every time i play i just get christoph the claws with full potency, clarity, fortitude, basically all the physical resistance and damage buffs, then i have his feed up high, he's what erikk should be, drinks blood and kills everything

at the end of the game u need a high level spell caster for the last boss though, melee dont work on him but it works on everything else.

xemous

Arcane
can u increase the poly count on the models or are those locked im? i tried to email the guys at nihilistic years ago about the possibility for a engine source code release but i got no reply, probably got some 3rd party shit they cant be bothered removing, or activision owns their asses and so forth.

i wanted to change the control scheme to a wow style control scheme and add a pause feature, and to let the camera pan out more. that would make the game even better.

ortucis

Prophet
Apparently there were tools which let you add/replace models released by the community when the game was new. I don't intend to do that much since I think the models in the game look fine even though they are low poly. The problem is that if you increase poly of characters only you ruin the game since everything else looks low poly and out of place (and vice versa).

As far as texture replacement is concerned, I am focussing on replacing textures which are "in your face", like in the last screenshots I posted. Doesn't distract from the game and stays with the theme.

As for control scheme, no idea. Some experienced programmer could hack it in I guess.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It looks great ortuctis ! If this gets finished it will give incentive to fire up redemption one more time.

:thumbsup:

MCA
LOL why even bother for such a shit game.

I remember keeping a bunch of tools and some mods for this game in one of my game archive HDDs. That was before I discovered how shitty the game was, obviously.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
villain of the story said:

I remember keeping a bunch of tools and some mods for this game in one of my game archive HDDs. That was before I discovered how shitty the game was, obviously.

That's some detailed quality feedback dumbfuck. Why don't you just keep your shit post in GD where they belong.

ortucis

Prophet
I am enjoying Redemption. Like Bloodlines the world and characters are more developed and interesting despite being cliched (plus the Vampire lore for VTM is really good). Anyways..

Trying to get the marble tiles right. This is a learning experience for me so I am trying to HDify the games original textures as much as I can. Some minor issues with tiles around mural corners will be there but they aren't noticable unless you zoom in and focus (like in screenshots).

University shots (WIP)..

ORIGINAL

HDTP

ORIGINAL

HDTP

Luckily I had old saves which let me go back to the begining levels without starting from scratch. Going to work on town at the moment (better Inn & Smithy on their way :) ).

MCA
Jaesun said:
villain of the story said:

That's some detailed quality feedback dumbfuck. Why don't you just keep your shit post in GD where they belong.

Jaesun, you're so butthurt these days, I'll almost think you're a woman on her period who also got sand in her vagina.

Also, that wasn't actually feedback, dear illiterate moron.

Does anyone know what causes the disappearing team mate bug? I've had to quit a few sessions after seeing the Brujah matriarch when the first team mate (the blonde male) disappears for some unknown reason. Loading an earlier save doesn't seem to help.

ortucis

Prophet
Man this game has some weird issues with mipmapping. I think improving textures is exposing these issues including shadow bugs.. which I think are there cause the game is using BSP and needs to nake shadows again.. I think.

I did change the default terrain textures (10 fucking textures.. this game could use Megatextures) but these kind of edits always end up with assinine issues. I will include the texture anyway, those who can't stand these tiling bugs can just delete the texture from folder and the game will use the original.

Da bugs..

At distance everything appears almost fine..

GAH!

Fuck it. I am not fixing these tiling issues cause the game already had them and they were hidden cause of blurry visuals. If anyone has a problem with this, complain here.

:rpgcodex:

PS: On the side note, almost finished with the Prague area. So at least the new players will get less blurry intro to this game (if I don't work on other areas for some reason).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
For tiling issues, can't you just use the make seamless function in GIMP or PS?

The "dirt road" texture, was that changed? Just seems... odd.

ortucis

Prophet
Making seamless textures is easy (everything on walls and on floor is seamless tiling so far). The problem is that the game already has tiling issues which aren't easy to fix unless I spend a lot of time on terrain itself (plus there is a issue where same texture is re-used for a lot of things forcing u to re-adjust it again).

Here's the original terrain (notice the tiling)..

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
heh, I never noticed the horrible tiling in the original game until now. And yeah, I can understand the seamless thing being a pain in the ass. Not a big deal. Maybe save it for v 2.0 of your mod.

Personally, I still like the original "dirt road" texture as it looks like it is worn and used and dirty. The newer one looks too clean. Just my 2 cents.

ortucis

Prophet
Yeah I am thinking of leaving the terrain textures as they were. Besides, the damn terrain textures are divided up into 9-10 different textures. PITA to make them look good.

I'll just stick to walls and objects (and maybe characters). :P

laclongquan

Arcane
:bro:

When you finish your work I will give this a whirl. The current graphic is too medieval for my taste.

And bro, do save some of your schedule for a nude mod. Or at least a Renn Faire Costume mod. Real medieval clothes are too period to enjoy.

ortucis

Prophet
Yeah still am working, but progress is slow since I am working on my own game as well (which is a priority of course). Don't worry, I will eventually release it though. There's no way in fucking hell I will sit on all this hard work. :P

For nude mod I can just port Tessera's texture from his site. It will piss him off and cause mega-super-mecha drama.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OK just wanted to make sure ortucis. I really like what you have been doing so far.

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom