Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VTM Bloodlines Help

Bruticis

Help bros, replaying Bloodines with Wesp's newest patch. I'm in the damn Ocean House Hotel and I could have sworn there was a fire axe in there somewhere (admittedly, it's been many years since I played). Am I wrong, blind, or did Wesp fix it (i.e. removed it)?

Coyote

Arcane
I seem to remember having to buy it from Fat Larry, but according to a quick Internet search, it may be behind a couch on the second floor* in the left half of the mansion (specifically, the room to the right of the one where you go to drop down into the bar).

* By which I mean the floor above the ground floor. In many places this is called the first floor, hence the clarification.

Bruticis

Yeah, I checked there, well I think I did. I looked in the first room on the left on the 2nd floor. It's the room next to the room that has the hole in the floor that drops down to the bar/kitchen area. I'm either blind as hell or it's not there.

Bruticis

Jaesun said:
reading the README is teh hard?
Yes, damn it, very. In my defense, I did in fact open the readme and did a search on axe. This is what I got:

v3.6
Replaced broken female fire axe texture, thanks to Offkorn and Doe.

v3.4
+Hid the Ocean House killer axe and increased chance to notice him.

v2.1
+Made vendors sell SWAT rifle bullets and lowered price of fire axe.

So, I'm assuming he removed the axe and made it part of the plus patch in ver 3.4? I dunno, I just assumed if he had removed it from the basic and added it to the +, he would have made a note of that. 3.4 was back in 2007, I really thought I had played this since then. Guess I was either wrong or had the + version.

Coyote

Arcane
Edit: Bruticis beat me to it.

@Bruticis: I'm not sure what you're asking in that last paragraph, but I'm pretty sure you can still get it from Fat Larry if nothing else works.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
heh yeah, sometimes the way Wesp organizes his changes is a gigantic clusterfuck. I wish he would organize it better (in his README's) and CLEARLY STATE what was changed.

I really wish he would fix that.

Him constantly moving items around is the only thing that slightly annoys me about Wesp's patches. He should really stop doing it.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
At the very least it makes replays a bit more interesting because you don't know where all the items are immediately.

I'm fine with knowing where they are. What I hate is missing an item that was supposed to be part of my planned build just because Wesp decided to move it yet again. Not saying it happens often, but it shouldn't happen at all. There's a reason I prefer games with hand placed loot over randomized systems and he shouldn't be fucking with it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Somewhat on topic: Does the 'full' version of Wesp's patch do anything about the horrible corridor shooter padding in the last third of the game (sewers/hotel/Kue-Jian temple)? Only played with the 'basic' bug fix version. If it doesn't I'll probably just stop at the end of Hollywood on subsequent playthroughs.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The new, yet to be released, clan quest may.

I planted the idea of a quest to avoid the sewers (find out the secret entrance somehow).

Bruticis

So, question about the Sabbat. If the Sabbat are crazed nut jobs that don't care about the masquerade and just go around enslaving and murdering everyone in their way, why aren't more people aware of vampires?

corvus

Arcane
because humans are cattle dumbfucks, just like in real life

catfood

AGAIN
Bruticis said:
So, question about the Sabbat. If they Sabbat are crazed nut jobs that don't care about the masquerade and just go around enslaving and murdering everyone in their way, why aren't more people aware of vampires?

That's one thing I never understood either. The way I understand it is that the Camarilla "clean up" after every Sabbat shenanigans.

I'm actually reading the VTM source material right now because the setting interests me. You know, just for fun. I'll probably never play it since PnP is almost non-existent in Romania as it is, let alone a niche product such as WoD.

FatCat

Educated
catfood said:
Bruticis said:
So, question about the Sabbat. If they Sabbat are crazed nut jobs that don't care about the masquerade and just go around enslaving and murdering everyone in their way, why aren't more people aware of vampires?

That's one thing I never understood either. The way I understand it is that the Camarilla "clean up" after every Sabbat shenanigans.

I'm actually reading the VTM source material right now because the setting interests me. You know, just for fun. I'll probably never play it since PnP is almost non-existent in Romania as it is, let alone a niche product such as WoD.

They kill all witnesses

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
catfood said:
Bruticis said:

That's one thing I never understood either. The way I understand it is that the Camarilla "clean up" after every Sabbat shenanigans..
Exactly, they do that kind of stuff to cause trouble in Camarilla domains.

catfood said:
That's what the internet is for. Find an online group! ;)

Wolfus

Arcane
Jaesun said:
heh yeah, sometimes the way Wesp organizes his changes is a gigantic clusterfuck. I wish he would organize it better (in his README's) and CLEARLY STATE what was changed.

I really wish he would fix that.

This is why I'll never use his "patch".

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I think if the Sabbat exist in public knowledge, they're probably just considered thugs/goons/terrorists/whatever. Even so, a couple of crazy people screaming about how they saw spectral wolves and vampires isn't exactly going to go down very smoothly... and it's inferred that the clans have their hands in influencing political decisions (like the old sewers being suddenly closed off despite Obvious Problems), so chances are even if some information did leak or someone with power started asking questions, it'd be ended very quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom