Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Notice how were back to "Once Grimoire is realeased" and not "Once Grimoire is Greenlit".

Once a con, always a con. At least Gaben knows better.

Zep--

bellbell

Novice
::naive mode on::
But what's the purpose of this... coming out... to Greenlight, I mean?
::naive mode off::

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Official return of the Golden Baby video:

Go, Golden Baby go!

giphy.gif

sstacks

Arcane
The gigantic floating holographic head of President Kennedy in my study has completed his analysis. "He's clean, Tex. No entries found tied to his name in the Game Journos Pro underground bolshevist cell for his own activities or those of his associates. A scan of all existing archives going back ten years proves he is all-American and has no affiliations with our enemies." Sim-Ken supercluster delivers as always.

[1] The GameJournosPros Bolshevist Cosa Nostra

In full disclosure I did write briefly for Ars Technica back in like 2006, but I blogged about Microsoft and Apple not games :P
https://arstechnica.com/author/shane-stacks/

I felt like I was somewhat hazed as "the new guy" so I moved on after a couple of months.

sstacks

Arcane
I am planning to do interviews for select ELEET outlets AFTER Grimoire is released. If you'd like I can add you to the roster of ELEETs who I will talk to in addition to the loyal and trustworthy principled man of action Matt Barton, who has singlehandedly done more real game journalism than 99% of the lamestream game media. First I have to run your name through my Game Journo Pros analysis program to see if it matches any names on there.

sstacks is a bro who gives exposure to old-school games and deserves to crack your elite selection (yes, he has a strange fetish for SCL but we all have our flaws)

Thanks Zorba the Hutt I didn't know you cared :P

Re: my SCL fetish...
:selfhate:

sstacks

Arcane
I am planning to do interviews for select ELEET outlets AFTER Grimoire is released. If you'd like I can add you to the roster of ELEETs who I will talk to in addition to the loyal and trustworthy principled man of action Matt Barton, who has singlehandedly done more real game journalism than 99% of the lamestream game media. First I have to run your name through my Game Journo Pros analysis program to see if it matches any names on there.

You're welcome if you ever want to come on the show.

BTW I don't really consider myself a game journalist, I just do my radio show and blog some .. I cover CRPGs often but not exclusively.

By the way, Matt Barton and I are actually pretty good buds... believe it or not he and his wife have consumed delicious pot roast at my dining room table :) I agree he does important work for game history.

Repressed Homosexual
The most ironic is that Matt Barton is one of the first journos who talked about "SJW" issues, such as with the Temple of Elemental Evil gay marriage controversy. The difference is that he never constantly hammered this while insulting all his readership over and over again.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
nothing is as good as the first trailer with the epic music, riding on turtles and having singular moments in time.

trailers after that one have gotten worse and worse and have killed my hype by not being as witty

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

BTW I don't really consider myself a game journalist, I just do my radio show and blog some .. I cover CRPGs often but not exclusively.

By the way, Matt Barton and I are actually pretty good buds... believe it or not he and his wife have consumed delicious pot roast at my dining room table :) I agree he does important work for game history.
Lies! I don't remember ever dining at your house!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

You guys are the future. It is perfectly okay for grand enthusiasts to profit from their specific obsession. The big game media is going down and they know the small operators are creaming them in the overall hits and numbers of eyes. They are in denial just like the big media outlets. Nobody is watching but they insist they still have the megaphone. Problem is nobody is listening.

I figure in ten years most of what is called games journalism will consist of Pewdie-Pie style empires run by individuals. Remember, they laughed at DRUDGEREPORT in the beginning too. Now Matt owns them and pimps them out when he feels he needs his girls to bring some cash in for him. They feel real lucky when Matt steers some interest to their ghost town sites.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
The most ironic is that Matt Barton is one of the first journos who talked about "SJW" issues, such as with the Temple of Elemental Evil gay marriage controversy. The difference is that he never constantly hammered this while insulting all his readership over and over again.

I seriously doubt you could bring an accusation against Matt he cares more about these social issues than he does computer games. Unfortunately you could bring that exact charge against the entire lamestream game media. Games are just another vehicle for their hardcore bolshevist revolution.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
got in touch with my contact at valve and currently the process of banning this game scam from Steam is underway

What is your authority to be telling Valve any lies about this game? You don't have any. Grimoire is not a scam and all you are doing is interfering with it simply getting released. I don't even know why you are so obsessed about Grimoire but probably don't really exert as much rancour against the worldwide trafficking of children. Face it, you're a train wreck. You're like a genetic ten car pileup that explodes into flames.

Namutree

Savant
got in touch with my contact at valve and currently the process of banning this game scam from Steam is underway

What is your authority to be telling Valve any lies about this game? You don't have any. Grimoire is not a scam and all you are doing is interfering with it simply getting released. I don't even know why you are so obsessed about Grimoire but probably don't really exert as much rancour against the worldwide trafficking of children. Face it, you're a train wreck. You're like a genetic ten car pileup that explodes into flames.
Could be he did nothing and is trolling you.

Mustawd

sstacks is a bro who gives exposure to old-school games and deserves to crack your elite selection (yes, he has a strange fetish for SCL but we all have our flaws)

Yes, but you'll only get like 5 seconds to talk about anything. The rest of his show is technical difficulties.

:P

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Sorry, no can do. I'm retired and this is my old man fun.

You could use your oldfag powers for good rather than evil. Think of the adulation if you interviewed Cleve for the Codex and got to play the release copy. It would be the ultimate trolling achievement, with nobody knowing if you were actually serious or not. This way is just too low effort.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Wow..this guy makes the game look even more boring, except for actually playing it.

Oh, do go and find something else to do, Zep. If you don't want to play Grimoire then nobody is forcing you to, but you're spoiling the feverish anticipation for everybody else.

Sorry, no can do. I'm retired and this is my old man fun.

Zep--

Wait, weren't you molesting Vietnamese children or something similar according to you? Now you're retired.

Still doesn't explain why this is fun for you. You're a massive drag for all other bipedal fur bearing mammals. Can't you sit in a bingo parlor and wait on a heart attack like other old people? What is it you think is here for you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom