Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Will you do anything about the graphical effect not timed correctly when turning, Cleve? That's really the only thing I see wrong right now.

He answered it in the Grimoire thread, something about making it faster and blurring it like they did it in Lands of Lore.
Thanks, didn't see that. Really, anything slightly better would be appreciated, because when I was watching the movement, it just looks so jarring that I mentally lost track of what direction the party was facing.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Grimoire now has an official Twitter account: https://twitter.com/WingedExemplar

I saw you just brought out the big guns with the Cleve Golden Baby voice video. Has there been any luck getting sites to pick up on this yet?

No. I suspect a Star Chamber has convened. It is like looking for an objective Trump story before he won the election. Complete media blackout.

One of them is going to crack here shortly and I predict the dam will collapse shortly thereafter. They copy each other so if one of them posts a link to the Greenlight campaign they'll all do it in a few hours. It saves them the trouble of having to think hard about anything.

If we had 1% of the blatant nepotistic promotion by the media of forgettable tripe like "GRIMOIRE : MANASTORM" we'd be well over 10,000 YES votes by now. They were flogging that thing around the clock for over a year. Total sales on Steam = 0 or close enough thereabouts. Maybe the dog just didn't like that dog food. Period.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Grimoire now has an official Twitter account: https://twitter.com/WingedExemplar

I saw you just brought out the big guns with the Cleve Golden Baby voice video. Has there been any luck getting sites to pick up on this yet?

No. I suspect a Star Chamber has convened. It is like looking for an objective Trump story before he won the election. Complete media blackout.

One of them is going to crack here shortly and I predict the dam will collapse shortly thereafter. They copy each other so if one of them posts a link to the Greenlight campaign they'll all do it in a few hours. It saves them the trouble of having to think hard about anything.

If we had 1% of the blatant nepotistic promotion by the media of forgettable tripe like "GRIMOIRE : MANASTORM" we'd be well over 10,000 YES votes by now. They were flogging that thing around the clock for over a year. Total sales on Steam = 0 or close enough thereabouts. Maybe the dog just didn't like that dog food. Period.
You need to improve your relations with videogame journalism, Cleve.

Nova-embalagem-Doritos-03.jpg

Moink

Cipher
"The demo will be redundant because the next thing to be released will be the complete game to Steam. There have been demos of Grimoire circulating on the internet since 1997 and the most recent demo in 2013 was practically an entire game, not a demo. I'd like all the new improvements to Grimoire to be a nice surprise to paying customers this time around."

Gotta say Cleve, I'm feeling a tad bit of suspicion, how would I know about the improvements if there was no demo to compare? I would have to buy the game and give you money, but what if you haven't made any improvements? I cannot take your word on good faith due to the amount of release dates you've said this game would have.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Oh, yes yes yes. It wouldn't have anything to do with the past 20 years of lies now, would it.

Them damn Journalists! :shakesfist:

Zep--

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Too bad there's such a glut of games now that this will never be noticed by the mainstream gaming press. If it had been released right when Greenlight dropped it probably would have gotten more coverage as Greenlight was so novel back then that most sites would regularly post lists of greenlighted games with additional coverage. The only time I've seen Greenlight mentioned anywhere in months, though, was just in stories about its demise. I lament never being able to read Cleve's interviews with RPS and Kotaku.

jfunk

Augur
"The demo will be redundant because the next thing to be released will be the complete game to Steam. There have been demos of Grimoire circulating on the internet since 1997 and the most recent demo in 2013 was practically an entire game, not a demo. I'd like all the new improvements to Grimoire to be a nice surprise to paying customers this time around."

Gotta say Cleve, I'm feeling a tad bit of suspicion, how would I know about the improvements if there was no demo to compare? I would have to buy the game and give you money, but what if you haven't made any improvements? I cannot take your word on good faith due to the amount of release dates you've said this game would have.

If you don't think the superdemo was good enough to warrant a purchase, then I promise you any updates Cleve has made since then won't change your mind.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Like my word I was going to release it on Steam? How can I do that if it doesn't get green lighted? As for not taking my word when I tell you about an improvement I have introduced in the game, find me one example of said behaviour in past 20 years. Never happened. If I told people I had added new artwork or functionality, turned out I did.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
PC Gamer used to be staffed with guys who were really passionate about games. But now it is populated only by millennial hipster fags. Best being completely avoided.
Didn't PC Gaymer release a "Complete History of RPG's" where 85% of its content was dedicated to post-2000's games?

tVeG6vkjSnVp24YAaJZEyJ-650-80.jpg

EDIT: I didn't read the mag, because I don't touch such garbage, but can anyone confirm if it's so?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Seen games get Greenlit off 400 votes before, strange this isn't yet, are we going to be able to pre-order it once it passes through Greenlight?

deuxhero

Arcane
Repulsive
Is moving games from Greenlight to accepted an automatic process? Valve may just do manually passes every so often, which would explain the inconsistent requirements. Perhaps there's a minimum time required (so anything fake/illegal/whatever has a chance to be caught)

Btw, Cleveland Mark Blakemore on Steam Greenlite page it says game completed after 20 years of development, while nearby we can see indiegogo snippet where it say game completed after 17 years. I think you should fix it or people notice something is up.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Repulsive
Is moving games from Greenlight to accepted an automatic process? Valve may just do manually passes every so often, which would explain the inconsistent requirements. Perhaps there's a minimum time required (so anything fake/illegal/whatever has a chance to be caught)

Pretty sure it's mostly manual to filter out games that break their code of conduct.

Btw, Cleveland Mark Blakemore on Steam Greenlite page it says game completed after 20 years of development, while nearby we can see indiegogo snippet where it say game completed after 17 years. I think you should fix it or people notice something is up.

That campaign was from 2013 I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom