Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Volourn's Final Jade Empire Review: Fanboyism, & Spoiler

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Elzair said:
Post BGII Bioware games have been shit. Period. Granted, I have only bothered to play Jade Empire and DA:O, but that is a large enough sample size to make me not want to bother with KotOR and Mass Effect.

Way to go scientific method.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
5 years ago, the codex did not even respond to this thread.Now it is 2 pages.

The decline is complete.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Oh, and while I'm at it with the e-stalking, who knew Volly was a literal pretty princess? I'm joking, I know that not him. But it is an amazing coincidence how similar their posting styles are..."

WTF? I really need to hire someone to take care of this imposter.

"And since Volo is not a learning animal, he's been spouting the same shit for 7 years. "

I find this statement hilarious consideirng in otyher recent threads I've been accused (rightly) on changing my opinions on various things including KOTOR which i really liked when i orioginally played it but no so much now.

So.. what is it? Am I flip flopper or am I hardcore never change my opinions kind of guy? or maybe, just maybe, I can chnage and grow and perceive things in a different a light as time goes by? Who fuckin' knows.

AS for bumping such an anicent thread... R00fles! :retarded:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Grunker said:
Elzair said:
Post BGII Bioware games have been shit. Period. Granted, I have only bothered to play Jade Empire and DA:O, but that is a large enough sample size to make me not want to bother with KotOR and Mass Effect.

So, do you propose I spend money on the "scientific" approach or maybe do the bad bad thing and pirate to try? Hmm? Be more clear next time.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"On 2005 Codex nobody responded to this Volourn post, kinda sad not sure why"

Too long of a post to read for one of the long forgotten BIO games. ie. Nobody cared enough to bash JE here.

R00fles!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
FeelTheRads said:
Grunker said:
Elzair said:

So, do you propose I spend money on the "scientific" approach or maybe do the bad bad thing and pirate to try? Hmm? Be more clear next time.

Oh, definetely demo. Sorry if I was unclear. No sense spending money on something you don't like.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
No sense in wasting anymore time with a company like Bioware either, I would say. After JE, I've had enough.

But I'm not a scientist either.

Exmit said:
Is jade empire recommended by the hivemind to someone who never played it ?
It's worth it due to the fact that as far as I'm aware, it's the only Chinese inspired RPG alongside Prince of Qin.

Bruticis

Eyeball said:
Because of this review, I've now tried finding a copy of JE online seeing as I fucking LOVE chop-socky action. Unfortunately, it seems to have been taken off all the online stores I can think of, witn both Gamersgate, D2D and Impulse only selling the MAC version of it.

Anyone know of anyplace a brotha could get himself some JE online that isn't fucking STEAM?

Direct2Drive has the PC version. Not sure I'd call them much better then Steam though.

Ed123 said:
I recall some Diablo clone with terrible voice acting (the final boss was especially funny) based off Chinese mythology. If JA is an RPG so was that.

At least I think it was Chinese.
Prince of Qin, although it didn't have voice acting, just lots of Engrish.

Eyeball

Arcane
Bruticis said:
Eyeball said:
Because of this review, I've now tried finding a copy of JE online seeing as I fucking LOVE chop-socky action. Unfortunately, it seems to have been taken off all the online stores I can think of, witn both Gamersgate, D2D and Impulse only selling the MAC version of it.

Anyone know of anyplace a brotha could get himself some JE online that isn't fucking STEAM?

Direct2Drive has the PC version. Not sure I'd call them much better then Steam though.
Apparently, they don't have it anymore - when I go to D2D, all I get is the Mac version.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Am I flip flopper or am I hardcore never change my opinions kind of guy? or maybe, just maybe, I can chnage and grow and perceive things in a different a light as time goes by? Who fuckin' knows."

It's great that you admit to being wrong, but it throws your credibility out the window when you considered KOTOR a top ten RPG but now, five years later, ME is a top ten RPG and "KOTOR isn't even a top 25 RPG." So maybe in another five years you'll probably be saying "(new EA Bioware action-adventure game/dating sim with a brush of customization) is a top ten RPG and ME is really overrated." When will the truths start?

bhlaab

Erudite
Re: Volourn's Final Jade Empire Review: Spoilers, Fanboyism,

Volourn said:
Gao the Lesser was an awesome main villain for the chapter. There was a part of me who felt pity for him; because it was obvious he was raised in a horrible manner. I could also feel his pain because he was always second fiddle to the PC - both with the Master, and Dawn Star the Objection of his Obsession. Fantastic chapter that sets the mood. Pretty much perfect.

What a bunch of hackeneyed bioware bullshit this is

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"So maybe in another five years you'll probably be saying "(new EA Bioware action-adventure game/dating sim with a brush of customization) is a top ten RPG and ME is really overrated."

K.

"but it throws your credibility"

Credibility? With who? The fuckin' Codex? LMFAO

"When will the truths start?"

The truth starts when I start typing. the lies startz when someone disagrees with me. Capiche? :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom