Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vince D Weller does Fallout 3...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Saint_Proverbius said:
JarlFrank said:
Yeah, armor offers more protection if well repaired. Some armors can be repaired by using other types of armor [you can repair any kind of raider armor with any other kind of raider armor].

So with a 100% Repair, you can make Raider Badlands Armor as good as Combat Armor? Just like you can get damage bonuses for continually repairing a hunting rifle? Or am I misreading this?

Like VD said, every item has a maximum health. Once it's fully repaired, you can't repair it anymore and you've reached the item's maximum potential.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, bummer.

Okay, I found some things I really think is lame. On a new game, since I beat FO3 in my first game(endings are teh suck), I hacked Moriarty's computer. He's got a huge list of dirt on people in Megaton. The only person you can bring up the dirt on is Leo Stahl. You can't bring up the dirt on Billy Creel. You can't bring up the dirt on Jericho and Jenny Stahl even though I tried talking to Jenny Stahl, Jericho, Andy Stahl, and Leo Stahl. In fact, you can bring up the dirt on Leo Stahl to Leo, but no one else. Meh.

Also, it's kind of weird that you can jump off buildings and die, but it's impossible to jump off buildings and cripple limbs. I've tried this repeatedly in Megaton for the Wasteland Survival Guide quest.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Saint_Proverbius said:
Well, bummer.

Also, it's kind of weird that you can jump off buildings and die, but it's impossible to jump off buildings and cripple limbs. I've tried this repeatedly in Megaton for the Wasteland Survival Guide quest.

Yeah, that was my first approach - when that didn't work I went to Minefield...

Drakron

Arcane
Actually if you not at full health falling damage can cripple limbs but explosives work best for that.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Falling in FO3 is not balanced well. You can fall from a considerate height without any damage whatsoever and then fall from 10cm higher and die from what seems like a heart attack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom