Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victoria: Revolutions (compatibility with other games)

dagorkan

Arbiter
OK I'm still on my EU3 game (Prussia carving out an empire in west Africa), but I'll ask this now because my intention is to continue this game with Victoria using a savegame converter.

-What is the best patch/mod for Victoria? I've heard of a thing called Vicky improved or something which seems to be the most popular. What are the up/downsides of the different choices?

-Has anybody tried converting an EU3 game to Victoria? Is there any weirdness that results from it?

Eg, I've heard some people on the Paradox forums talk about a game going from 1068 (Deus Vult) and taking it into 1953 (Doomsday).

Now the thing is I don't see how that could work, I've played Doomsday and I know that there are many country specific events, eg the invasion of France which occurs at a time along a route that matches reality very well - you have to fight the game just to get an extra few months before France falls. So what happens if in EU3+HOI France doesn't exist or has been isolated to one province, or Germany never formed or the Kingdom of Bohemia has taken over everything from Salzburg to eastern Turkey (as in my game)?

-Is this 'epic game' thing worth doing or should I just skip and start a normal Victoria game which is more my thing anyway?

kris

Arcane
The best converter of them all is the EU2->victoria. The ones to Hoi works as intended and wars start, but due to locked resources and other factors it ain't likely to become a balanced and fun game. I tried it several times with little succes in the fun department.

Problem with an overall long game. You will be to powerful.

I haven't tested the EU3->Victoria converter yet, I was of the impression it was not finished yet.

Erzherzog

Magister
Vicky is simply short for Victoria. The expansion pack being nicknamed Ricky.

Events don't fire in HoI2 unless you you played the 1914 campaign and had a more or less historical game.

I'm not sure if they've handed out a patch for Revolutions yet. As for the most popular mod, it has to be VIP. I haven't given that a look at what they change at all. I think they butcher Austria in it (historical maybe, but there's the fun factor...) so that's my excuse for ignorance. :oops:

dagorkan

Arbiter
Started a Ricky game and for some reason they've taken out the Transvaal republic and a bunch of other countries I wanted to play. Going with Bolivia, anyone got any tips for playing that country?

dagorkan

Arbiter
Araanor said:
Transvaal may have been under UK rule then, check another date? Same for the thers.
No, default Victoria starting on the same date has it as an option and there are walkthroughs for it, but for some reason the VIP people decided to take it out, all the Boer areas except Bloemfontein (Oranje) are part of the Xhosa kingdom.

As for those guides, I've already got them all downloaded.

Araanor

Liturgist
"For some reason" is likely historical accuracy. Maybe Transvaal is supposed to come into existance by event at some point.

dagorkan

Arbiter
You're right, it was founded in 1852, the default Paradox scenario is wrong

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom