Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victoria 2: Grand Duchy of Finland + Russian Empire mod

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Actually I was thinking about making an event that would regularly remove Russian influence from Sweden (since it gets really ridiculous with Sweden being in Russian sphere), whenever AHD is patched to a playable state.

Luzur

Good Sir
well Russia tried to have influence in domestic swedish politics int he 1700's, after the Great Northern War, but failed due to age old hostilites and Gustav III, so it would be a fitting event.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Nah there wasn't really that big of a need for that when you could just integrate minor details into things like PopDemand/Zero or Concert of Europe via easier solutions like a triggered modifier based around year and population level to emulate the historical population growth in the Grand Duchy (since it had the highest population growth in Europe, even with the famine years which actually had no real impact on population growth in Finland despite the number of deaths because the annual population growth was THAT strong in 19th century Finland). If I'd actually want to do anything major it'd be properly setting up Russian Civil War because the modders somehow deem it "not important" to implement. Otherwise I generally just tweak odds and reqs for AI player to do certain things in the mods, ie AI has barely any reqs at all to do irredentist decisions because destruction and mayhem is fun, while core assimilation (that is, removal of other cores) never happens for the AI, or skewing the way cultural assimilation of pops more in favor of possible nations and possible majors than the guaranteed ones so deviations of the basic set-up don't just immediately "correct" when, say, millions of Chinese revolt against Tibetans or Mongolians. This also ties to disabling AI-on-AI core losing outside of events and decisions.

So yea, generally speaking my modding of Vicky 2 has been firmly about customizing other mods to suit my personal campaign tastes (or fixing insane things like 800 regiments of Lombardians and Venetians revolting against Austria in CoE when Austria can't field even a fraction of that number of regiments) more on a more generalized level, but overall I really don't have as much of an interest in modding Vicky 2 anymore since there are some things that are kind of unfixable, like the war system of provincial regiments (which is designed solely to annoy). For example if I could I'd really do away with standing armies in favor of a mobilization and armanents based system with fronts rather than squatting over forts, where the usual standing armies are very hardcapped in size to limit blob effectiveness and act more than anything as a way to limit warfare until all hell breaks loose and total war reaches a new level in early 20th century. But these are things that can't be done so it's just "what I would do if it was up to me" than actual thinking.

Hey so for some reason I got some hankering for Victoria 2 to Make Brazil Imperial Again, and uh... what the hell they did to the economy?!

Its fucking wack, is what it is. I can't even build fucking railroads because there is no steel or the like to supply me. Also I'm this close to declaring NO MORE TAXES EVER and yet my pops can barely meet their everyday demands

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom