Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vicky II, how to surrender to rebels?

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing as China and anarcho-liberal rebels keep spawning; I can't find any option to surrender to them, they've already taken Beijing. Do I need to wait for them to take over all my lands?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
360 days of holding the capital will do.

But you *don't* want the Anarcho-Liberals to win. They only bring shit and devastation, since Bourgeois Dictatorship is pretty much the worst form of gubmint, and without my mod anyone with Laissez-Faire is doomed.

Also, there's so many of them because the standard needs for Craftsmen and Capitalists are FUBAR. They're over twenty times higher than others like them, and due to their income level it's impossible for them to even fill Life Needs. Use my mod, it also fixes the rebel thing and balances out Laissez Faire so it's not a death sentence (subsidies can be given because libertarians don't mind giving corporations all their money, max tax rate is 25%) to a country, since most factories won't grow super-profitable without gubmint investments (and founding) and vital strategic industries like guns and artillery are never profitable.

tl;dr version: Use my mod, I want moar feedback.

Comte

From my understanding the AHD add on that is released this week is gonna fix some of the problems with Laissez-faire governments but we'll have to wait and see.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The "problem" with LF governments its that AI capitalists control it not YOU. Therefore it can never be fixed as AI will never be better than player at planning and economy management.

Unless, of course, they introduce a stat called "efficiency" and heavily penalize governments with state control over the economy. This could work. After all LF is easily the most efficient when it comes to output, cost cutting and general cutthroat capitalism.

Vaarna_Aarne

I think I solved it decently enough with my mod, by allowing LF to give subsidies but capping the tax rate at 25%. This way the effectiveness bonus keeps pre-existing strategic industries better, and all factories keep expanding if work force is rising.

aleph

Arcane
The "problem" with LF governments its that AI capitalists control it not YOU. Therefore it can never be fixed as AI will never be better than player at planning and economy management.

Unless, of course, they introduce a stat called "efficiency" and heavily penalize governments with state control over the economy. This could work. After all LF is easily the most efficient when it comes to output, cost cutting and general cutthroat capitalism.

Isn't there already a cost penalty for factories if you have state capitalism or planned economy? I'm not sure though, has been some time that I last played vicky 2.

I kinda like that you can only control a part of your economy directly depending on your economic policies. Gives imo a better (more realistic) representation than just bonuses and penalties.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The cost penalty means nothing currently since you will swim in money anyway. Million here million there doesnt really mater.

Luzur

Good Sir
well in EuIII you can surrender to rebels in the Religion window, dunno if it is the same for Vicky 2 though.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A house Divided got pushed back to the 7th of feb.

I just found out that Naselus from PDM was working as a beta tester to the THD and that devs used some of PDMs changes in the economy. Seems like they went the correct way and what was broken will be fixed.

Vaarna_Aarne

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...hy-of-finland-russian-empire-mod.66084/page-2

I'll be working in the changes and additions further with A House Divided, hopefully being able to ditch clumsy event-activated modifiers if triggered modifiers are implemented.

Better yet, maybe new nationalist rebels are actually effective in Russia (which is way too mono-cultural in vanilla). Currently they don't seem to spawn properly despite new national cores being present all over the place. And maybe they'll FINALLY fix war score for giant blobs like Russia (it is literally impossible for Russia to lose without total defeat, due to their warscore growing so slowly while their peace values stay as big as everyone elses, which could be fixed by raising battle influence cap from 25% to 50%, but it's hard-coded).

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...hy-of-finland-russian-empire-mod.66084/page-2

I'll be working in the changes and additions further with A House Divided, hopefully being able to ditch clumsy event-activated modifiers if triggered modifiers are implemented.

Better yet, maybe new nationalist rebels are actually effective in Russia (which is way too mono-cultural in vanilla). Currently they don't seem to spawn properly despite new national cores being present all over the place. And maybe they'll FINALLY fix war score for giant blobs like Russia (it is literally impossible for Russia to lose without total defeat, due to their warscore growing so slowly while their peace values stay as big as everyone elses, which could be fixed by raising battle influence cap from 25% to 50%, but it's hard-coded).

Playing as Prussia i always had to national groups her and there trying to break free so it seems weird that Russia would not have more of it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, it's the darndest thing. Or actually, it isn't, because I fixed the cause of the rebel problem: Fucked up needs for Craftsmen and Capitalists. Still, I haven't seen any of the national groups rebels in Russia, despite adding in the New Nations Mod country cores in Russia (since the fact Russia had NO foreign cores on it at all past East Europe was an outrageous advantage).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom