Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Veterum - Warbanners spiritual successor from Crasleen Games

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Hi!

Thanks for the kind words!

We have many thoughts and ideas. The tactical part will change little, but everything else will be new. You can read here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/650440/discussions/0/1634111706738233537/

Please give advice. How to name a new game? We with the modeler have already broken our heads ... Now we are thinking of calling 'Veterum' or "Veterum Tactics" (no, the Romans will not be.). What do you call this name? Memorable? The original? Maybe you are ready to share your names?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
A (bad) idea that came to me is naming new game Warbanners 2: Veteran's tale.
Story would be told from point of view of retired mercenary that tries to impress fellow patrons of an inn.

Last edited:

MadSheepStudios

Mad Sheep Studios
Developer
I would try to come up with a unique name, that should:

1. be easy to read and be memorable (something short, less than 6 letters?)
2. there isnt any domain already existing for it.. so you can buy the game's name domain name for 10bucks :)

Latin names are good for those points IMHO...

vazha

Arcane
Hi!

We have many thoughts and ideas. The tactical part will change little, but everything else will be new. You can read here:

Please give advice. How to name a new game? We with the modeler have already broken our heads ... Now we are thinking of calling 'Veterum' or "Veterum Tactics" (no, the Romans will not be.). What do you call this name? Memorable? The original? Maybe you are ready to share your names?
Please please do all you can (start a kickstarter, for example) to be able to hire a good writer. What your game lacks most is an interesting setting & universe. Once again, stellar job on battle mechanics and the like.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Hi!

I'm going to replay the last version from the beginning soon, i stopped in the caves the mission where either your paladin or the whole team can get a morale decrease after plundering a city (and the hero priestess is in the library and we can decide to let her there and go on a mission without her ), that mission was a nightmare because every single vampire down in the cave had stun/freze potions and the potion throwing range was too long.
That combined with narrow passages and a split team with only one healer ...

I've read you made some modifications so i'll try it again and i've also read about modding the units, which i'm going to do as well to remove potion slots for most units. I don't use them myself anyway, except mana for mages.

My thoughts for Warbanners 2 (i didn't play Warbanners Death Speaker for quite some time so not everything i say is relevant or even true, just make your pick )

- Call it Warbanners 2 (you got a brand already and you stuck around to patch / fix your game, you made a name for yourself, use it )
- Remove the offensive potions with side effects (stun / freeze) : i mean no offense but this mechanism with long range aoe effects is retarded, it creates balance problems and it's the opposite of fun, besides, those potions are expensive, so not only it's annoying but it's really unfair.
- Offensive potions with burning / poisoning effect shouldn't be with area of effects, maximum one square + another one we get to choose or a random additional square around the target
- More heroes like the minotaur, except they should be a bit tougher than the usual units (Fantasy General style)
- Like everyone said, a nice story/settings in a nice form so that it's comfortable to read, maybe asking a real SF writer to work with you would be a good idea if you plan some serious marketing, there is material for a hit if everything is done right (not a top writer, someone good but cheap enough and interested by the challenge ;-) )
- An undo move option for as long as the unit didn't act (a simple misclic and you lost 1+ AP or i forgot where the command is when i re-launched the game to refresh my memory )
- The lines on the map (paths ?) are quite confusing, i believe the world map could be improved in that regard
- You should probably play / replay Fantasy General just to check if you can get some inspiration

Also you should consider adding some more boss fights with some unique enemies (like the minotaur when he's on the other side), it' always a plus.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Now give it a Black Company-esque story (with lots of rough, soldierly banter) and it will be the game of the year for me, no matter when it actually comes out.

vazha

Arcane
Indeed, graphics-wise it's an improvement. What about the story-setting-lore shortcomings though, have they been addressed in any way?

Last edited:

Sloul

Savant
EdMRq2AWoAA66VU

Ebh2lLOWoAMso5S

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom