Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

Astral Rag

Arcane
Topware CEO(Dirk P. Hassinger) loses it in steam forums, starts threatening to sue for defamation some random steam user. Didn't read the whole thread but this pretty funny.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/281130/discussions/0/620703493334058649/#p5

End result:
The gaming sites will receive copies when the game is ready. And when the game is ready it will be released. I am in the gaming industry since 35 years and I do not need advice.

Once again - what you do is a crime. You defame us and you defame our products - and even worse - you defame our customers. This harms our business - and if you do not stop this, I will make you liable.

I do not know, if you are a kid and do not know what you are doing or whatever makes you believe your behavior is acceptable. What you do is far away from posting your opinion about something.

Probably you should read this definition (from Wikipedia):

Defamation—also calumny, vilification, and traducement—is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual person, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation. Most jurisdictions allow legal action to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. It is usually regarded as irrational unprovoked criticism which has little or no factual basis and can be compared to hate speech, which can also be taken to encompass discrimination against a particular organisation, individual, nation, corporation or other political, social, cultural or commercial entity which has often but not always been entrenched in the practitioner by old prejudices and xenophobia.

Under common law, to constitute defamation, a claim must generally be false and have been made to someone other than the person defamed.[1] Some common law jurisdictions also distinguish between spoken defamation, called slander, and defamation in other media such as printed words or images, called libel.[2]

False light laws protect against statements which are not technically false but misleading.[3]

In some civil law jurisdictions, defamation is treated as a crime rather than a civil wrong.[4] The United Nations Commission on Human Rights ruled in 2012 that the criminalization of libel violates freedom of expression and is inconsistent with Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.[5]

I hope you understand now what I mean.

d183u2i.jpg

d27vu8q.jpg

:updatedmytxt:

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Whoever logged in in my account and wrote this rich homie cloaked bullshit you know what you can have my account. I don't waste my time with guys like you. So take my account its a present. Nice isn't it? Btw you are so funny gnihihihi
:D you're priceless!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
holy shit men this game

i have no idea what's going on

and i'm not sure whether the game has any either

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Play the game till you get sick and then tell us if this game is shit.

I can already tell this is not going to be very good.

Typos abound, disconnected cutscenes that teleport you around, completely random start of the game with no actual info regarding what preceded it, wonky as fuck clickfest combat, missing VA, absolutely b0rked sounds... and that's only like an hour in, ffs. The 'prologue' already shows you everything you need to know about this game's development process.

Morkar Left

Play the game till you get sick and then tell us if this game is shit.

I can already tell this is not going to be very good.

Typos abound, disconnected cutscenes that teleport you around, completely random start of the game with no actual info regarding what preceded it, wonky as fuck clickfest combat, missing VA, absolutely b0rked sounds... and that's only like an hour in, ffs. The 'prologue' already shows you everything you need to know about this game's development process.

Can you give some detail about the combat system? How many foes can attack you at once, parrying mechanics, special abilities + skills, deadliness etc.?

Trip81

Novice
Whoever logged in in my account and wrote this rich homie cloaked bullshit you know what you can have my account. I don't waste my time with guys like you. So take my account its a present. Nice isn't it? Btw you are so funny gnihihihi
im not her to be your "clown" if you don't likre my opinion on da:i or ubisoft thats ok. but is this really the way you wanna handle it?

Angthoron

Arcane
Wow, how did I miss this thread?

Oh right, the game looked awfully lackluster even compared to regular shovelware by the guys that brought us the snoozefest simulator.

To bros playing it, do they have the same protagonist VA that tries to outman Geralt's original actor again?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Oh right, the game looked awfully lackluster even compared to regular shovelware by the guys that brought us the snoozefest simulator.

To bros playing it, do they have the same protagonist VA that tries to outman Geralt's original actor again?

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut

Quick, quick.. put in the word 'opinion' somewhere.. or they're coming for you.

Angthoron

Arcane

Bah, that's not as hilariously all over the place as 2W2 was, and the actor hasn't had nearly enough cigars.

In before Angthoron gets sued for defamation .
Well I just complimented the voice acting in my previous post, surely that will have them spare me.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
im not her to be your "clown" if you don't likre my opinion on da:i or ubisoft thats ok. but is this really the way you wanna handle it?
Dude, you need to relax a bit. Nothing wrong with you liking these games and companies. But everytime I read your replies in this thread I'm reminded of this Cop, the one with the glasses:

Breathe deep, take it easy and welcome to the internet. Don't take yourself and this website too seriously.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Bah, that's not as hilariously all over the place as 2W2 was, and the actor hasn't had nearly enough cigars.

Yeah, alas :negative:

This protag here just sounds like Steve Blum.

Can you give some detail about the combat system? How many foes can attack you at once, parrying mechanics, special abilities + skills, deadliness etc.?

Well judging by the few fights I've had thus far, the combat system is about clicking your enemy to death with LMB if he doesn't parry, and doing hit-n-run whacks with E if he does parry.

There's a parry tied to your rmb, but the combat overall is just so horrendously clunky it doesn't work very well.

idk about special abilities didnt get any yet.

Deadliness is a funny thing - some dudes can kill you quickly, but you have 2 countermeasures

a) Clicking them to death with lmb before they react

b) Sheathing your weapon and kiting them to hell once you are too wounded in order to wait for your health to regen (and it regens fast).

Also, I just love how obviously unfinished this game is. This starting island, St Lucia, is of moderate size. It has 2 patches of land with buildings on both banks of a river + some wilderness areas. But there's NOTHING of interest here except for one building (a tavern). The wilderness is C O M P L E T E L Y empty and it makes you laugh just to think how much time must have been wasted to create it. Same with the town, it's full of buildings that look characteristic, but they are all decorative. I even found a house I could enter and it was also empty. Hory shit.

The music is cool tho. And Morgan Freeman is your best bro :troll:

Last edited:

Trip81

Novice
Dude, you need to relax a bit. Nothing wrong with you liking these games and companies. But everytime I read your replies in this thread I'm reminded of this Cop, the one with the glasses:

Breathe deep, take it easy and welcome to the internet. Don't take yourself and this website too seriously.

im relaxed i don't know why you are thinking im not. im not angry or anything like that. but for example the the video you posted the guy with the glasses. i don't know in wich world this isn't an insult. it's simple as that. because it's the internet doesn't make it ok in som magic way. maybe you should take a breath? and think about it?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
bros you dont want to play this

i'll try a few more hours just to make sure since i already made the effort of dloading it, but you really shouldn't consider biting the bullet as well

technically speaking the game is playable, but from the looks of it I'd say that only about 25% of its actual content is really complete

Angthoron

Arcane
im relaxed i don't know why you are thinking im not. im not angry or anything like that. but for example the the video you posted the guy with the glasses. i don't know in wich world this isn't an insult. it's simple as that. because it's the internet doesn't make it ok in som magic way. maybe you should take a breath? and think about it?
True that, we all know that when Germans get angry, they start breaking their keyboards and upload the videos of that on the net. You're very zen compared to that, man. But just a thought, maybe check what forum you're on? It seems you've confused us with some kind of a mean-spirited forum with a rather volatile reputation, the kind most AAA devs try to avoid, where people get mean-spirited tags above their names and so forth. Don't take things so personally, man, we ain't like that.

i'll try a few more hours just to make sure since i already made the effort of dloading it, but you really shouldn't consider biting the bullet as well

technically speaking the game is playable, but from the looks of it I'd say that only about 25% of its actual content is really complete
But how does this compare to Risen 3 and Arcania 4: Gothic 9?

Easily Amused

Novice
Patron

Thanks for the review. Do you think it is even possible for them to fix it with patches?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom