Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

Latelistener

Arcane
Got a comment from other (non-english) forum from one of those who already played it (7 hours), and it's not good.
For now, he can't share more info due to embargo.
In any case, be cautious and prepared for refund.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Got a comment from other (non-english) forum from one of those who already played it (7 hours), and it's not good.
For now, he can't share more info due to embargo.
In any case, be cautious and prepared for refund.

Who would be stupid enough to pre-order or even buy a game made by someone who created the ultimate abomination Life is Strange, I dont understand why people are hyped for this crap, it's like hoping Bethseda will actually make a good Fallout game, just delusional.

:0-13:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Currently watching person who bought it and now he's playing it. So... What informational embargo? That doesn't apply for a normal user.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Hope it's good and that it's a solid AA ARPG at most, but if it's not then there's always Greedfall to fall back on. I like that Focus Home is really funding games that otherwise wouldn't have a chance in hell, they're among my favorite publishers as of recently because of this. Maybe Dontnod will prove themselves to be able to make a good game that isn't The Walking Dead Telltale games with teenage girls.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
After watching first hour, I kinda like story. Skills are likely quite low brow. No inspiration, no experience with proper RPG system.

It's definitely not Dark Souls combat. And it's more like adventure with some combat.

PrettyDeadman

After watching first hour, I kinda like story. Skills are likely quite low brow. No inspiration, no experience with proper RPG system.

It's definitely not Dark Souls combat. And it's more like adventure with some combat.
So, you are saying that this is dark souls of vampire-themed crpgs? Neat. I knew I am not going to regret it when I preordered the game!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

So, you are saying that this is dark souls of vampire-themed crpgs? Neat. I knew I am not going to regret it when I preordered the game!
I say this is decent story adventure with some average combat. Adventure that's nice because of decent writing and its theme.

PrettyDeadman

I say this is decent story adventure with some average combat. Adventure that's nice because of decent writing and its theme.
Does it have better combat than Assassin's Creed Origins?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Combat reminds me of simpler dishonored.

Also I seen a lot of biting and counterbiting.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I believe you ... not sure if the designers are serious though
iseewhatyoudid.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I actually kinda like that part. Respawning enemies not so much.

I guess it might end up being just a minor inconvenience. We'll see.

deama

Prophet
Maybe by respawning enemies he meant in the game world, so if you go save at your save house and go back to skankassskank street the enemies will be back?

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, I thought repawning enemies will be similar to Dark Soul where if someone uses the campfire to save, all enemies respawns or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom