Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption Reawakened - fan remake in Skyrim engine

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You guys laugh, but I'd be worried if I was on the VtMB2 team and looking at this.

The Skyrim UI/sounds are highly distracting, but I'm actually fairly impressed at the asset work and implementation, especially for a mod.

ChildInTime

Learned
Looks goddamn impressive, but yeah, as Lambach said, the main draw of Redemption was it's dialogue and characters, feels kinda empty without it. Also no iconic music.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm just not feeling the atmosphere from that video. It's missing the key ingredient - cringe dialogue with all the THEEs, THOUs, THYs and THINEs. :negative:

NAY ANEZKA NAYYYYY.!!!
Overall this looks good but most projects like this never ends well, it they end at all. Still gonna watch this closly.

ind33d

Educated
You guys laugh, but I'd be worried if I was on the VtMB2 team and looking at this.

The Skyrim UI/sounds are highly distracting, but I'm actually fairly impressed at the asset work and implementation, especially for a mod.
it does look pretty good. i think the jedi knight games would be a better base for a VTM clone, but i guess skyrim works in a pinch

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is the VtM:B more difficult to mod than other Source Engine games then?

Skyrim for the medieval assets sure but Bloodlines would be more suited for the modern day parts of the game?

deama

Prophet
Is the VtM:B more difficult to mod than other Source Engine games then?

Skyrim for the medieval assets sure but Bloodlines would be more suited for the modern day parts of the game?
Who's that famous VTMB modder that has an account here... maybe can explain...
Paging... Wesp5

Wesp5

Arcane
Modding Bloodlines is not much harder than modding other Source engine games, only some things are hard-coded, like the number of disciplines, weapons and items. I don't remember enough of Redemption to know if it had much more stuff in that direction than Bloodlines...

deama

Prophet
Modding Bloodlines is not much harder than modding other Source engine games, only some things are hard-coded, like the number of disciplines, weapons and items. I don't remember enough of Redemption to know if it had much more stuff in that direction than Bloodlines...
I guess it was just easier for them to find skyrim modders than VTMB modders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom