Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was equally or even worse than I imagined. They are giving Hardsuit Labs a run for their money.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Good thing the Chinese Room hired all those new developers, otherwise this game would look like a walking simulator with rudimentary combat added by incompetent amateurs.

Oh wait.

Last edited:

RagingNomad

Educated
Did they really went with the tiny anime hands only combat? Wtf? That "marked for beating" ability looked especially ridiculous.

The "inner" dialogue was off-putting - saying things for the sake of saying something, extremely vapid.

The worst offender of course is the protag, surprise - it doesn't look or sound anywhere near somewhat ancient powerful entity, rather as yet another empowered modern butch.

Yawn, this is dull and tiresome. I wish this was even worse though, for entertainment sake.
Anime combat? Bruh.
Lightning StrikeAttack with lightning speedOne Rouse CheckNoneNoA single attackN/AN/AThose with Celerity 5 may nullify this power with a Rouse Check and defend.

Gargaune

Arcane
Dude, that framerate...
Nevermind the framerate, what was up with the video compression? I know it was live and British broadband prices are measured in pounds of actual sterling silver, but I've seen better from average YouTubers.

jungl

Augur
Did brian mitsoda give advice to the new studio in the games story? Sucks that he gone technically not getting a true sequel but fan fiction one instead.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Does the game even still call itself an RPG?
They called it an RPG right at the start of the video.

I'll be honest, I didn't watch any of the presumably useless talking sections and just skipped to the obviously marked gameplay section of the video.

As far as I'm concerned this 33 minute "Extended gameplay reveal" could've bit cut down to 5 minutes. I don't know who in their right mind thought two dudes on a couch for 28 minutes was going to be edge of your seat stuff.

I mean, two ladies on a couch and you'd have a show...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Does the game even still call itself an RPG?
They called it an RPG right at the start of the video.

I'll be honest, I didn't watch any of the presumably useless talking sections and just skipped to the obviously marked gameplay section of the video.

As far as I'm concerned this 33 minute "Extended gameplay reveal" could've bit cut down to 5 minutes. I don't know who in their right mind thought two dudes on a couch for 28 minutes was going to be edge of your seat stuff.

I mean, two ladies on a couch and you'd have a show...
They actually did cut a 3 minute trailer for those with shorter attention spans. The gameplay portion was roughly 17 minutes.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
They actually did cut a 3 minute trailer for those with shorter attention spans. The gameplay portion was roughly 17 minutes.

Ah, you're right. That's the spoiler-marked section I was thinking of.

Oof, hard to believe this will be published 2024. They chose such a linear gameplay segment for the video and even that looks unfinished and uninspired. Wouldn't you show off sth. more polished for your first reveal ...like a vertical slice of the quality you are aiming for? Are the other sections even worse?

This looks like it will turn out forgettable and average at best. And seemingly it will be a horrible successor of VtMB 1 because it changes so much of the formula and isn't even a real RPG based on what we saw.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
  • Dialog wheel
  • Androgynous IDK if is male of female MC
  • MC with voices in his head
  • brujah elder with little to no muscle mass
  • (...)
Hard pass.

Daniel Vavra should make its own vampire game based in a unique story.

jungl

Augur
Fans have too high expectations for a dead companies early 2000 game. True crime streets of LA came out around the same time did the brawler shooter gameplay better then bloodlines the pc version even had a fun multiplayer deathmatch.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Fabien is a one dollar store silverhand... What is this garbage... At least Keanu is entertaining as silverhand... This soyboy zoomer sounds like the most annoying little shit ever that will destroy the atmosphere of entire game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So the whole "this mysterious mark on my hand is sapping my power" thing, I wonder if that's just a way to explain why your elder PC is relatively underpowered/have to level up their skills, etc.

What's the usual recovery process of torpor?

Wesp5

Arcane
Fabien is a one dollar store silverhand... What is this garbage... At least Keanu is entertaining as silverhand... This soyboy zoomer sounds like the most annoying little shit ever that will destroy the atmosphere of entire game.

I am playing Ghostwire: Tokyo right now and it has the same voice-in-the-head feature...

Meshugger

Novice
If this game wasn't called "Bloodlines", no one would hardly know of its existence. It looks that bland.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
have to level up their skills
:hahano:

Oh, you're serious?

This won't have any skills.

Well, whatever the devs call the progression stick. Abilities probably, judging from the fact that something in the UI is called Ability Tree.

Giving me big Assassin's Creed vibes when they added a bunch of lame stats to the series and then started calling it an RPG.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I wanted to write something funny here, but I think it's like kicking a disabled child.

We all see what came of it. I think that people working in this company feel ashamed and Paradox is slowly coming to the fact that they couldn't cope with this project. However, I'm impressed that they're still trying to release it. Maybe it's a simple psychological principle that the more effort we put into something, the harder it is to let go. However, while individuals can be justified, why does it take place in a rational, profit-maximizing company?

Pride or stupidity, I won't judge.

user

Savant
I wanted to write something funny here, but I think it's like kicking a disabled child.

We all see what came of it. I think that people working in this company feel ashamed and Paradox is slowly coming to the fact that they couldn't cope with this project. However, I'm impressed that they're still trying to release it. Maybe it's a simple psychological principle that the more effort we put into something, the harder it is to let go. However, while individuals can be justified, why does it take place in a rational, profit-maximizing company?

Pride or stupidity, I won't judge.

My guess is that they just wanted to dish out something fast after the HSL fiasco, and deemed that the best way to maximize profit is not sink much more time and money in the IP, and profit off its popularity by doing the bare minimum.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Looks like a good ol' franchise raping on the level of Fallout 3 and Thief 2014, been a while since I've seen one of those in ernest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom