Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 in development at The Chinese Room, coming Fall 2024

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Paradox Interactive; The Chinese Room; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

SEATTLE – September 2, 2023 – Paradox Interactive announced that The Chinese Room, a Sumo Digital studio, is developing the highly-anticipated Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 during today’s PAX West keynote. The Chinese Room brings their award-winning storytelling to Bloodlines 2, creating a high-quality Vampire: The Masquerade action RPG by talented developers with triple-A experience. Fans eager to sink their teeth into Bloodlines 2 can look forward to the gameplay reveal in January 2024 and its launch in Fall 2024.

The Chinese Room is known for creating ground-breaking first-person titles that have won awards from BAFTA, TIGA, and more for their emotionally rich narratives. The studio’s world-class background makes them well-equipped to tell a Vampire story set in modern Seattle reimagined for a World of Darkness action RPG.

Vampire: The Masquerade holds a special place in our hearts. The story world’s dark setting filled with intricate narratives built on top of modern society perfectly fits our studio’s catalog,” Ed Daly, Studio Director at The Chinese Room, said. “Bloodlines 2 is our most ambitious project to date. Fans of the franchise have been eagerly awaiting this game, and we are up to the challenge. We are bringing more than 15 years of award-winning experience to the project, creating a game that honors the legacy of its predecessor while bringing its gameplay to the modern era.”

“We were immediately impressed when we saw The Chinese Room’s proposal for Bloodlines 2. They have a true passion for the source material, making them ideal partners to develop a story in the Vampire: The Masquerade setting that resonates with players,” Sean Greaney, Vice President of World of Darkness at publisher Paradox Interactive, said. “We are committed to making Bloodlines 2 a success. Bringing on a studio that shares our vision was critical to helping us achieve these goals. Fans of the franchise can rest assured knowing that Bloodlines 2 is in good hands, and we will have more to share with you in January.”

Bloodlines 2 is the successor to the cult-classic Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines. Bloodlines 2 takes players to the dark underbelly of Seattle, where vampires struggle for survival and supremacy. As an Elder vampire, players meet compelling characters, maneuver complex political relationships, stalk the city streets for prey, and engage in intense combat while balancing the need for blood. Throughout the game, players must always be mindful of their surroundings or risk breaking the Masquerade – the absolute law of secrecy that keeps vampire society hidden from humanity.

To learn more about Bloodlines 2, visit the official website, follow #Bloodlines2 on all social media platforms, and join the community on the game’s Discord.

You can find the press kit here.​

Delterius

Arcane
were-back-its-over.gif

Skall

Learned
Looks like Roguey's prediction about the Chinese Room taking over from way back when came true. Not sure if it was made official earlier, but this is the first time I'm seeing it.

Rarre

Educated
... The cursed game...
The combat was not impressive for me but never an action game impressed me.
Wait until January for the real gameplay and rpg stuff...
Seems they are reusing the hsl material, which means mitsoda material, good news for me.

MerchantKing

Learned

The Seattle Vampire has awakened.
That fact I actually live in Seattle, and a group of people in the UK are going to portray Seattle is equally amusing....

Justice! Americans still portray Europe without being here.
It would've been better anywhere but Seattle. I've been there once. A bland and boring place. They might as well just do it in Vancouver at that point.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

The Seattle Vampire has awakened.
That fact I actually live in Seattle, and a group of people in the UK are going to portray Seattle is equally amusing....

Justice! Americans still portray Europe without being here.
It would've been better anywhere but Seattle. I've been there once. A bland and boring place. They might as well just do it in Vancouver at that point.

It had to be the US because for some reason no one takes Canada seriously, but I don't quite understand why Seattle was chosen. Because it's the largest city on the northern part of the west coast? Why not the east coast? Providence seems like a natural fit for US vampire stories.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
A walking sim developer. This is gonna be a DE-style CYOA at best. Most people will say that's an improvement, considering the sloppy combat of the original, but it's safe to say that the "immersive sim" style of the original game will be absent from this sequel.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
A walking sim developer. This is gonna be a DE-style CYOA at best. Most people will say that's an improvement, considering the sloppy combat of the original, but it's safe to say that the "immersive sim" style of the original game will be absent from this sequel.
Did you watch the trailer?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Some faggot ass soundtrack used in the trailer instead of Goth/Industrial. INSANTLY dropped.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Can’t wait to throw empty assault rifles at enemies

Maybe we can upgrade them with bayonets to get a lucky stake through the heart!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom