Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Trithne

Erudite
The Twilight movies were massively popular, albeit very cringe and only mildly supernatural.

Massively popular with little girls. Just the target audience for a Bloodlines sequel.

Nigga have you played VtM?

If you were into TTRPGs and you wanted to get laid you took up playing Vampire, girls fucking loved that shit.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
You mean the terrible shovelware cash-ins? Why should anyone care? Whoever is making those clearly doesn’t understand the audience built up by Bloodlines.
I can't figure out what you even want at this point. You complain about no urban fantasy and people point out a million urban fantasy games. Then you complain that they aren't the one specific IP you like. Then several games for the one specific IP you like are mentioned and you say but they're not the right kind of game. Your niche is getting tighter and tighter. Wasn't your original point that it would be so easy for a big company to make a huge blockbuster game that would appeal to millions of fans? Are all those millions of fans crammed in that tiny niche with you?
I don’t know what planet you live on where there are a “million” urban fantasy video games, but it sounds like a nice place to live. I still live on a planet where the last notable urban fantasy game was released in 2004.

Mostly Positive player reviews. And It's Sharkmob's game, they just paid Paradox for the license to use it, so Paradox got all the money they were ever going to get from it up-front
It was mixed last I checked a couple months ago. In any case, it missed its window to make profit since Battle Royale is crashing. So, still shovelware.

You mean the terrible shovelware cash-ins? Why should anyone care? Whoever is making those clearly doesn’t understand the audience built up by Bloodlines.
I can't figure out what you even want at this point. You complain about no urban fantasy and people point out a million urban fantasy games. Then you complain that they aren't the one specific IP you like. Then several games for the one specific IP you like are mentioned and you say but they're not the right kind of game. Your niche is getting tighter and tighter. Wasn't your original point that it would be so easy for a big company to make a huge blockbuster game that would appeal to millions of fans? Are all those millions of fans crammed in that tiny niche with you?
I don’t know what planet you live on where there are a “million” urban fantasy video games, but it sounds like a nice place to live. I still live on a planet where the last notable urban fantasy game was released in 2004.

Mostly Positive player reviews. And It's Sharkmob's game, they just paid Paradox for the license to use it, so Paradox got all the money they were ever going to get from it up-front
It was mixed last I checked a couple months ago. In any case, it missed its window to make profit since Battle Royale is crashing. So, still shovelware.

Your definition of "urban fantasy" is just Bloodlines, then.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

We all have preferences. I’m looking for “just” urban fantasy right now. Not dungeonpunk, not post-apocalypse, not cyberpunk… And to be fair to those, I already checked out the genre mashups. I’ve gone thru dozens of listicles. Arcanum, Disco Elysium, Shadowrun… what do you want me to do? Shutup?

The President

Educated
If it was salvageable, the Ubisoft guy would have said as much and it would have been released already instead of having to wait another three years for them to make another one. Chris Avellone's insider-perspective was that "The whole experience was like the last five minutes of Barton Fink (not the beach scene, the scene before it, know-it-all), but stretched out over 2 and a half years." They were always underwater.
I can't believe I missed this reference when I read Avellone's post on the matter. Now all I can see is Avellone handcuffed to a bed and an enraged John Goodman running down a burning hallway yelling "I'll show you the life of the mind". Hardsuit was even worse than I imagined.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Did you stop to appraise those games before recommending them? I’m familiar with Choice of Games and their output… well, I checked out their vampire-themed offerings and they were negatively received by reviewers.

I tried The Vampire Regent and gave up in the first twenty minutes after trying to get through the horrifically complex labyrinth of character creation. The lesson I learned from this is that making the PC an established character in the setting prior to the story is an absolutely terrible way to introduce players. I know making the PC a tabula rasa is lazy af but few players want to assemble twenty pages of backstory just to play a damn video game. It’s an established trope because it works, even if it is lazy. At the very least, there are probably much more elegant ways to build the PC’s elaborate backstory than frontloading it on the player during character creation.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean man, you want not only great games, but you want and expect great games tailored to your exact hobby horse.

Let's fucking start with having great games. Until then, all this pickiness is polishing spoons on the Titanic.

Edit, wait, and now you're complaining about games with too much complexity in character creation. Jesus Christ.

We all have preferences. I’m looking for “just” urban fantasy right now. Not dungeonpunk, not post-apocalypse, not cyberpunk… And to be fair to those, I already checked out the genre mashups. I’ve gone thru dozens of listicles. Arcanum, Disco Elysium, Shadowrun… what do you want me to do? Shutup?

Ok I see the problem now. You're not being exposed to the great number of "just" urban fantasy games that are tailored to your preferences. I get it, man. It can be a struggle to scratch that niche itch, as I like to call it.

Well, let me help you out. Based on your posts, I think this top 5 list I've painstakingly assembled will point you towards some great urban fantasy titles you'll love.

5. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
4. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
3. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (This one is pretty underrated)
2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
1. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I mean man, you want not only great games, but you want and expect great games tailored to your exact hobby horse.

Let's fucking start with having great games. Until then, all this pickiness is polishing spoons on the Titanic.

Edit, wait, and now you're complaining about games with too much complexity in character creation. Jesus Christ.

Ok I see the problem now. You're not being exposed to the great number of "just" urban fantasy games that are tailored to your preferences. I get it, man. It can be a struggle to scratch that niche itch, as I like to call it.

Well, let me help you out. Based on your posts, I think this top 5 list I've painstakingly assembled will point you towards some great urban fantasy titles you'll love.

Fuck off asshole. If you don’t like what I have to say, then don’t read my posts, don’t waste my fucking time, and don’t think little of me for not becoming a mindless consumer content with whatever slop is available that you personally haven’t played you hypocritical lying piece of shit. I’ve had an exhausting day dealing with online idiots. My patience and politeness is gone. Fuck you.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Nah, that was in May 23, 2013.

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My patience and politeness is gone. Fuck you.
Hey, I apologize. I'm just having fun arguing on the internet, it's kind of what the Codex is for. Didn't mean it to ruin anyone's day. Picking apart arguments, that's all. I respect you and your vision of good games, and your posts in general. Your dream game you keep describing, I want to play it too. Hell, I wished Bloodlines 2 would be it. Anyway no hard feelings on this end and I hope you got a good night's sleep.

Fuck off asshole. If you don’t like what I have to say, then don’t read my posts, don’t waste my fucking time, and don’t think little of me for not becoming a mindless consumer content with whatever slop is available that you personally haven’t played you hypocritical lying piece of shit. I’ve had an exhausting day dealing with online idiots. My patience and politeness is gone. Fuck you.
An exhausting day lol

Who's forcing you to deal with them? Is someone holding you at gunpoint?

Anyway.

So you don't like the games?

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
My patience and politeness is gone. Fuck you.
Hey, I apologize. I'm just having fun arguing on the internet, it's kind of what the Codex is for. Didn't mean it to ruin anyone's day. Picking apart arguments, that's all. I respect you and your vision of good games, and your posts in general. Your dream game you keep describing, I want to play it too. Hell, I wished Bloodlines 2 would be it. Anyway no hard feelings on this end and I hope you got a good night's sleep.

An exhausting day lol

Who's forcing you to deal with them? Is someone holding you at gunpoint?

Anyway.

So you don't like the games?
I apologize for the outburst. It was wrong of me to explode at random strangers on the internet.

Lambach

Arcane

I apologize for the outburst. It was wrong of me to explode at random strangers on the internet.

Ayo fags, get this niceness and politeness bullshit the fuck away from my goddamn Codex. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom