Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Extended Gameplay Reveal

Semiurge

Cipher
The combat and animations look terrible. Enemies are sliding on the floor, and that flurry of punches looks like shit. There seems to be some kind of telekinesis and levitation power as well. What clan has these kinds of disciplines?

Why are killed people exploding in random light flashes?

Those were illusions, but I wager that the killed won't leave bodies either way.

ropetight

Savant
Females and adjacents that are into Twilight and Interview with the Vampire will love this!

Females, lol, where do you think you are, resetera or something?
It seems that calling women females somehow pleases and angries them in the same time.
Or anything else, really.

On Resetera nowadays mentioning females will probably get you banned - because biological sex doesn't exist or is also on the spectrum, as is confirmed by the studies on the University of Bullshit Sciences.
Or anything else, really.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
1706783577136.png

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Man, weren't these Chinese roommate guys supposed to be good at writing?
>nosferatu makes the most melodramatic theater stage overacted OH NO THEY GOT ME
>insight: "he knows something"
>nosferatu attacks the protagonist to avoid conversation, then runs away
>insight: "he is hiding something"
Actual parody tier. Reminds me of those comments about the new Sherlock show characters being a stupid person's idea of a smart person.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man, weren't these Chinese roommate guys supposed to be good at writing?
>nosferatu makes the most melodramatic theater stage overacted OH NO THEY GOT ME
>insight: "he knows something"
>nosferatu attacks the protagonist to avoid conversation, then runs away
>insight: "he is hiding something"
Actual parody tier. Reminds me of those comments about the new Sherlock show characters being a stupid person's idea of a smart person.

It's baffling. With most modern shit writing you can see where they went wrong. But who the fucks listens to "fuck you caught me red-handed bro" followed with "I think this guy might be up to something" and thinks "yeah, that's ship ready."?

Only explanation I can think off is that there was a asynchronous situation where some writers did the Fabian reactions and some wrote the characters or whatever. Which in itself would be massively retarded.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Only explanation I can think off is that there was a asynchronous situation where some writers did the Fabian reactions and some wrote the characters or whatever. Which in itself would be massively retarded.
Or they are reusing one voice actor lines from the previous build/script, and didn't make the new voice lines fit the conversation properly? Or, and this is the most fabulously optimistic take, they are using B-roll dialogues and lines for the marketing footage, to avoid spoilers, and its sensible in the actual game.

Also, as I wrote elsewhere, I hate the lack of guns. Bloodlines is supposed to be about modern vampires, in the modern world. Pshysfhire being ancient doesn't mean she wouldn't understand the benefit of picking up a pistol. If anything, it would provide low hanging fruit comedy, and banter, to talk about how modern weapons compare to the ancient tools of war.

Hellraiser

Arcane
So when I thought the worst they could do regarding the gameplay would be it being too AWESOME ACTION they decided to add a mission control radio buddy to nag you the whole fucking time*.

*although I do have to admit a Malkavian having hearing multiple voices in his head, giving you meta-insight into the situation, would have been a decent idea. If it was done 20 years ago, by someone who could write worth a shit.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
*although I do have to admit a Malkavian having hearing multiple voices in his head, giving you meta-insight into the situation, would have been a decent idea. If it was done 20 years ago, by someone who could write worth a shit.
For a game developed entirely after Disco Elysium succeeded, it should've been a freebie to have Malkavian inner voices battling it out, and you picking which one to further feed, which changes the kind of benefits you get from them. Real schizo sim.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Also, as I wrote elsewhere, I hate the lack of guns. Bloodlines is supposed to be about modern vampires, in the modern world. Pshysfhire being ancient doesn't mean she wouldn't understand the benefit of picking up a pistol. If anything, it would provide low hanging fruit comedy, and banter, to talk about how modern weapons compare to the ancient tools of war.
s-l1600.jpg

So when I thought the worst they could do regarding the gameplay would be it being too AWESOME ACTION they decided to add a mission control radio buddy to nag you the whole fucking time*.
DAEBAKDPYBMKLPPOCNWAUKFQIM.jpg

Kiste

Augur
For a game developed entirely after Disco Elysium succeeded, it should've been a freebie to have Malkavian inner voices battling it out, and you picking which one to further feed, which changes the kind of benefits you get from them. Real schizo sim.

That would count as "perpetuating harmful stereotypes about neurodivergent people" and that's a big no-no in current year.

flyingjohn

Arcane
This is how you write modern games. Multiple writers for multiple stuff without any real contact between them. It is not better for the other departments.
Would it shock you to know that the art guys just get a vague "spooky house" without any real details. Leading sometimes to writing that completely contradicts what is shown.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is how you write modern games. Multiple writers for multiple stuff without any real contact between them.
This isn't some massive project. The only writers involved in Bloodlines 2 are Dan Pinchbeck, Arone Le Bray, SJ Longthorne, and Frances Wakefield-Harrey working as a contractor for a year to do all the small stuff.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This is how you write modern games.

Modern AAA games or similarly large productions. This company is so small it probably holds regular meetings between the entire story design staff, not just the writers.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
s-l1600.jpg

Had a Nosferatu character with this flaw once, very fun to play. I think your theory falls apart the first time we see Fyre pick up a cell phone however.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Bloodlines is supposed to be about modern vampires, in the modern world.
The Devs really want this game to be A VAMPIRE GAME, so no Guns, you need to do stuff and do stuff that a Elder vampire would. I think that's super silly, vampires use Guns and weapons despite being super powerful beings , at end of the day , a shotgun blast to your face still a shotgun blast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom