Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://frogmandev.itch.io/deep-state
This is a pre-alpha Demo for DEEP STATE, a first person shooter inspired by classic games such as Goldeneye 007, Deus Ex, and Resident Evil.

"Rex Cutter is an ex-CIA operator, a trained killer turned family man. A typical Saturday afternoon is turned upside down when an old colleague shows up with a shocking revelation: Rex’s former partner has been detected in the United States… the only problem? Rex witnessed her death during a botched mission in Afghanistan four years ago. Determined to uncover the truth, Rex is thrust into a lethal confrontation with a shadowy organization with ties to a top secret black project, and even entities from another world. "

• Neutralize your targets with a variety of modern weapons.
  • Search for clues and valuable intel critical to uncovering the truth.
  • Explore a large level with multiple ways to reach your objectives.
  • Utilize a range of high (and low) tech tools to aid you on your mission.
Keep in mind that DEEP STATE is in the PRE ALPHA stage and will contain JANK, bugs, missing features, placeholder assets and sound effects, and does not represent the final product. ALL ASPECTS of the game, including the title, are subject to change.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
https://frogmandev.itch.io/deep-state
This is a pre-alpha Demo for DEEP STATE, a first person shooter inspired by classic games such as Goldeneye 007, Deus Ex, and Resident Evil.

"Rex Cutter is an ex-CIA operator, a trained killer turned family man. A typical Saturday afternoon is turned upside down when an old colleague shows up with a shocking revelation: Rex’s former partner has been detected in the United States… the only problem? Rex witnessed her death during a botched mission in Afghanistan four years ago. Determined to uncover the truth, Rex is thrust into a lethal confrontation with a shadowy organization with ties to a top secret black project, and even entities from another world. "

• Neutralize your targets with a variety of modern weapons.
  • Search for clues and valuable intel critical to uncovering the truth.
  • Explore a large level with multiple ways to reach your objectives.
  • Utilize a range of high (and low) tech tools to aid you on your mission.
Keep in mind that DEEP STATE is in the PRE ALPHA stage and will contain JANK, bugs, missing features, placeholder assets and sound effects, and does not represent the final product. ALL ASPECTS of the game, including the title, are subject to change.

...where you been by all my life, Deep State? I love you.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anomaly Collapse
Release Date: 2024
Chinese, Turn-based, Roguelite, Party-based, Cartoony

Tyrant's Twilight
Release Date: TBA
Turn-based, Tactical, Third person Combat, Isometric Camera, Crafting

Hero's Adventure
RELEASED!
Chinese, Turn-based, Party-based, Cultivation, Isometric

The Last Faith
RELEASED!
Gothic, Metroidvania, Handcrafted Levels, Pixel Graphics

Small Saga
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Party-based, Rodents, "JRPG", Pixel Graphics

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
This looks interesting, charmingly amateurish hand-drawn RPG:

This looks cool, by the look of it it's made using the IceBlink Engine (used in Hearkenwold and some tiny games). Hopefully the game is not too short, I'm not sure I want to spend any money right now but I'm interested.

(given the engine it might also be available on phones for people who prefer to play it this way)

Dorateen

Arcane

This looks cool, by the look of it it's made using the IceBlink Engine (used in Hearkenwold and some tiny games). Hopefully the game is not too short, I'm not sure I want to spend any money right now but I'm interested.

(given the engine it might also be available on phones for people who prefer to play it this way)

Zach was active in the NWN2 community, and had one of his modules ported over to IceBlink (The Birthday). This is a project he created using the IceBlink toolset. Pretty cool to see IB make its way to a platform for distribution.

thewitchgame

Arcane
Developer

Zach was active in the NWN2 community, and had one of his modules ported over to IceBlink (The Birthday). This is a project he created using the IceBlink toolset. Pretty cool to see IB make its way to a platform for distribution.

Hey, thanks Dorateen! Zach here. Someone pointed me to this thread. If people want to see more gameplay. I've added a combat demo to the trailers on Steam. You can also dig into the rules via the manual (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_L2hu86KJQkVI0SKUMDNK1kciSX56pMZ/view).

As far as game size goes: I wish I knew how long it would take people to play on average, but data is very slim. I do know there are about 50 unique combat encounters -- though you probably won't see all of them in one go -- and a decent amount of exploring: about 100 small connected overland maps, a dozen or so small interior maps. Substantial narration and dialog. A friend of mine took 2 hours to do what I usually do in 10 minutes, so results vary.

At this point, I don't have any plans for a phone version, but it's not impossible. I'd probably start on a sequel or other game project before attempting it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Out on Steam EA, today.

Soulash 2
Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA, Demo Available on Steam)
Roguelike, Turn-based, Pixel Graphics, Top Down Camera, Open World

Svarog's Dream
RELEASED!
Action, Single Character, Isometric, Open World, Perma Death

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://erdbeerscherge.itch.io/ruins-of-calaworm
Turn-based Dungeon Crawler, where cute Retro Pixelart clashes with Lovecraftian Cosmic Horror in a Dark Fantasy Adventure with concise mechanics.

Casual Design, Hardcore Gameplay:
'The Ruins of Calaworm' is a Rework of early 90s german cult phenomena 'Die Gemäuer von Kalawaum' with accessible Controls, tons of new Features and swift "Bump into Things"-Skirmish Combat with few (visible) Stats, enforcing a more intuitive play style.

Explore procedural Dungeons (randomly assembled from a pool of handcrafted Layouts), traverse Arcane Barriers and Secret Passages, collect Keys and rare Artifacts, equip powerful Weapons like the Blunderbuss or the Alien Energy Coil and defeat terrifying Foes, whose mere appearance is fit to shake your very foundation. Insanity is not the end, though, but a whole new Metagame providing additional challenge.

While the buzzword "Roguelike" is thrown about a lot these days, 'The Ruins of Calaworm' is actually a pre-Rogue experience (for apt reference think 1979's 'Dungeon!' for Commodore PET): despite contemporary Quality of Life improvements, 'Calaworm' remains a loving tribute to the Golden Age of Gaming and proudly embraces more rigorous Design Patterns of that time.

• Original Music (11 Tracks) by Tom Jensen.
  • 5 Tilesets & over 20 Enemies with distinctive Traits.
  • 2 Full-fledged Minigames and global Puzzle Objective.
  • Unlock Custom Difficulty Sliders
  • Thematic Save/Respawn System.
  • Editor to create your own Maps.

also:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
EXODUS
Action, Shooter, Sci-Fi, Party-based, Third Person

Visions of Mana
JRPG, Action, Third Person, Party-based

No Rest for the Wicked
Action, Isometric, Single Character, Co-op, Base Management

The First Berserker: Khazan
Chinese, Action, Soulslike, Single Character, Third Person

Crossing the Sands
Indomitable Blade
The Ruins of Calaworm

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom