Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

deuxhero

Arcane
One of the patch notes is about ages under 20. You can change your age in Arcanum? How ?

On another note Surly Virgil? Evil Joachim? I assume Zen Virgil refers to post ressurection virgil, explain where the other 2.

VincentI

Novice
Zhirzzh said:
VincentI said:
I know it's offtopic but what's the meaning of "TH + xy" on a weapon. I looked in the handbook, searched in the net but found nothing.

TH is the chance "To hit". So TH + 5 is +5 chance to hit.

There seems to be no difference between a weapon with and without, but thx :)

sysdefect

Novice
Still haven't figured out my throwing problem, I have a save if anyone is interested in helping me.

knightnblu

Novice
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but have installed Arcanum and patched to 1074 English and then used Drog’s unofficial patch. Started a new game and have managed to save several times successfully with difficulty. However, I keep receiving a message that the save game file is corrupt and that the save was unsuccessful. Has anyone else had this problem and did you find a fix for it?

Drog, I just recently found out about your patch and I am grateful for your time and effort on Arcanum. I had hoped that a sequel would one day follow and would hopefully resolve the gnome breeding plot line, but it was not to be.

deuxhero

Arcane
It seems the only place in the game to buy a quality dress (that will boost peoples reaction to you) is the shop at the very start of the game, would it be possible to add them to tailors (at least ones who carry the male equivlent of a smoking jacket)

Suiboon

Novice
I installed according to the instructions and can even get the game to work... but it crashes when I click on options in-game. Im running Vista 32bit.

Here's what it says:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Arcanum.exe
Application Version: 1.0.7.4
Application Timestamp: 3bb4bcf3
Fault Module Name: Arcanum.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.7.4
Fault Module Timestamp: 3bb4bcf3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000d4d1a
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1035
Additional Information 1: 50e6
Additional Information 2: b77e91ac54c8e8ab6cf82a0ebbc83769
Additional Information 3: 33fc
Additional Information 4: 6cef0a896fbda0ecf2e34393b8a5931e

deuxhero

Arcane
If you get the infromation from the dark elf leader by talking to her, you can still calim you "have this note" when talking with Raven.

Turok

Erudite
Suiboon said:
someone help me get this stupid game working please

You do other tests?? like try on another computer?? use memtest86 for test the memory of your puter??

And dont say that this game is stupid, this is the codex most precious game after Planescape: Torment

Suiboon

Novice
Turok said:
Suiboon said:
someone help me get this stupid game working please

You do other tests?? like try on another computer?? use memtest86 for test the memory of your puter??

And dont say that this game is stupid, this is the codex most precious game after Planescape: Torment

It was working on my other computer before (earlier version of the patch tho) but I am not home now and am using a laptop...

At least saying its stupid got someone to reply :)

Also I cant get the game to run with "run as administrator" for some reason. It just wont let me select it.

Dont know what good this memorytest would do but I shall try it later.

Shkura

Novice
I'm having problems with UAP : when i start new game for some time everything goes fine , but then follower icons from the left dissapears and ocassionaly info window at the bottom shows only name of the object or NPC , without icon or HP/FP.

Instaliation order : Arcanum>1074 patch>latest UAP>high resolution patch 1.1a.

Can any one help me fix this problem please.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't know if engine bugs should go here but I'll post them anyway. And I only recently started playing, so I'm sorry if they were mentioned already.

I apologize for my English. :)

The dialogue could be interrupted by clicking on one of the two "last skill used" buttons.

The section of a bottom window which shows reaction of a person you are talking to is blackened out when you hover the cursor over one of the buttons of UI. Not being able to see the consequences of your replies is very inconvenient.

I am amused by how game treats reaction modifiers equally for both intelligent and unintelligent creatures. Being hated (and attacked!) by chickens for dropping a dynamite near a coop is an unforgettable experience.

If you try to apply a "pickpocket" skill while walking, the game will continue to draw the walking animation, even if your character is in fact standing in one place.

The game crashes when I try to loot one of the robber's bodies in Shrouded Hills. I don't know if it's reproducable - it certainly is for me - but this early in the game it should have been noticed long ago. I can e-mail a save if someone volunteers to look into it.

wrhunter

Novice
Shkura said:
I'm having problems with UAP : when i start new game for some time everything goes fine , but then follower icons from the left dissapears and ocassionaly info window at the bottom shows only name of the object or NPC , without icon or HP/FP.

Instaliation order : Arcanum>1074 patch>latest UAP>high resolution patch 1.1a.

Can any one help me fix this problem please.

That's not a bug.Find the green arrowhead on the left and click it.

wayfarer

Novice
On the first hand, I'd like to express my respect to Drog for his great work with this patch. Also I'd like to apologize for my English - don't have so much practice lataly.

Anyway, recently I've found one annoying bug, and I haven't found it's description in this topic, so sorry if it's not new.

In Stillwater, my good halfling wizard/thief found missing wizard (Cyrus, IIRC) and helped him out of his prison. When ogre suddenly returned, he killed Cyrus within seconds - my PC was busy picking up those shiny rubies. Anyway, ogre was pacified within seconds, and I've resurrected Cyrus immedeately. I talked to him, he said he was going to village and disappeared.

All was well, but then I've decided to get my reward from blacksmith. I took his quest to find missing wizard (which was already found and rescued by that time), but then only option was to tell about Cyrus's death. So, no reward and feeling myself stupid.

Then I loaded my savegame prior to rescuing Cyrus, saved him from ogre properly, and this time all was well - I've got my sword and all was fine.

As I understood, some global flag was set with the Cyrus's death, but not reset with hir resurrection. Is it possible to fix this issue? Or maybe Cyrus should be unressable, to prevent this in future?

Acranum vanilla -> 1.0.7.4 -> UAP 082606 (IIRC)

kadenreyn

Novice
Options Menu Crash

I just recently started playing this game and was pleasantly surprised to see the following the game has garnered, and very happy to get a chance to try this Unofficial Patch. Thanks Drog for all your work.

Unfortunately I seem to have the same problem that a poster above mentioned. I crash when I try to enter the options menu. Now, this ONLY happens from the main menu (no game loaded), if I am in the game and I access the escape menu, and then click options, the menu comes up, BUT it is missing labels for any of the options (simply shows Moderate, On, Off, etc).

I assume there's no way to fix this until we get a new version of the patch, but if there is, please let me know.

Thanks.

Double Ogre

Scholar
Not really.

Just don't forget to install the official patch first (and check the path, it doesn't auto-detect your Arcanum folder), the UAP installer doesn't check if you have it, and some people forget to install it (even though it says everywhere that you need it). Also the high resolution patch should be installed the last.

The upcoming version will be checking for these things though, and should be fool-proof enough.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Yeah I've got it all installed. I just had a weird crash, though. I saved my game, then went into world map mode and it was all glitchy, I couldn't click on any of the locations, then when I went back into world mode I was in a completely black environment with Virgil, then when I tried to load the Save and Load things were gone from the menu and when I went back it crashed to desktop.

Am I supposed to be using Arcanum Full Screen or the original Arcanum thing?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Updated the main changelog with the list of upcoming changes. (The list of the Extra Content module additions will be coming soon as well.)

The new version of the patch is just beyond the corner, although I'll try to squeeze in as many fixes as I can. Thanks to everyone for the bug reports.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom