Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
bhlaab said:
Does this patch rebalance the game or just fix bugs?
Are you a bad enough dude to read the first post?

Lazarus416

Novice
Mouse / Cursor chop fix?

My apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I am currently deployed to the desert and my internet connection is not good enough to try and sift through 2K+ replies. I run a high end laptop with an NVIDIA 9850 (1Gb) vid card and whenever I pull up any kind of window, (inventory, character screen, etc etc) my mouse cursor slows down to almost unusable. I have noticed that my CPU also suddenly spikes to 100% useage. Is there any way to fix this? I have noticed that I can tab out and back into the window and it will fix it for about 5 min, but then it happens again. I have installed the official patch and the most recent unofficial patch but it still remains. I have tried looking for answers online, but most of the sites are blocked from work and I don't get to get on from my laptop very often. If there is a fix for this, please e-mail me at david.addison@auab.centaf.af.mil It is driving me nuts, but it is one of the few games I have to ease the boredom over here so I would like to fix it. Thanks.

DR4x

Novice
Hey I'm a fellow Arcanum lover and I have a quick question. I didnt take the time to read every post so I'm not sure if this has been addressed but...

I was wondering if anyone has come across the bug in Mr Bates factory when you go into his dining room and unlock the cabinet thing to find the schematic for the multi barreled pistol?? You can get it, but for some reason you cant read/use it. Has anyone experienced this and/or know how to fix this??

Zyrxil

Scholar
Two bugs for the non-existent next version of the patch if you get bored and re-start it:

-It's impossible to solve King Praetor's "Find Daughter" quest if you find Razor's Pointe and the corpse of Princess Aria before accepting the quest from him, though it is possible to solve Prince Farad's half without taking that quest first. "I've not spoken to your daughter yet." is the only dialog option with Praetor in that scenario.

-In the journal entry for Vegard Molten Flow's quest, his name is written Vegard MoltenFlow.

VincentI

Novice
Had similar problems with the old High-Resolution-Patch but without prowling , seems to happen sometimes and i still don't know why. With the new one and even higher resolution there is no problem anymore.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Is it just me, or are there some problems with the Mayor of Blackroot's dialogue? If you bring back his ceremonial dagger before you get the quest to do so, you can ask for Praetor's taxes as a reward even if you haven't heard about the taxes yet.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
A new version of the UAP is in works and will be released in a few weeks. Feel free to report as many bugs as you can.

Zyrxil

Scholar
Zyrxil said:
-In the journal entry for Vegard Molten Flow's quest, his name is written Vegard MoltenFlow.
-In fact, the problem is the NPC's name is written Vegard MoltenFlow instead of the properly spaced three word name all other dwarves have.

-In the Qintarra murder mystery quest, it's not possible to speak with Ivory a second time after finding the poison vial in the locked vase (locked whatnow?), if you've already spoken to her about Sharpe and Wrath, meaning you have to point to Sharpe as the murderer. Not sure if that's a bug or just grossly unintuitive.

Also, Wrath's body disappears after a while, which sucks if you use two sleeps to steal the vial and then talk to Ivory in the morning, then go back thinking you're gonna Conjure Spirit. Maybe stick a non-decay on there, seeing as it's a quest-body?

Lazarus416

Novice
Cursor still choppy

Even with the high res patch, the cursor is still WAY choppy when any of the additional windows (like inventory) are open. The patch seems to have helped a little, but the cursor still jumps around on the screen when you are trying to move it and/or select something. Is this one of those things where we are just SoL? Or is there a different fix for this somewhere? Again, sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, but with my extremely limited connectivity over here (sandbox) it is difficult for me to search for the answer.

Laz

sysdefect

Novice
I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, sometime, and if this is not actually a bug, but for some reason I'm no longer able to throw things, instead my character just strikes a pose and the item suddenly disappears from my inventory/quickslot for a bit. Strangely, this is only for my saves after a certain point.

I would not ordinarily care if it wasn't for the fact that my character was a grenade chucking rogue.

does this game lag for anyone else when dealing with inventory and switching between screens? The game is very choppy and unresponsive what is causing this? Could it be the high resolution patch?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Neverwinter Knight said:
does this game lag for anyone else when dealing with inventory and switching between screens? The game is very choppy and unresponsive what is causing this? Could it be the high resolution patch?
add -no3d at the end of the target of the game shortcut and see if it helps.

Zhirzzh

Scholar
Interesting problem, I've been playing Arcanum for the first time in a long time, ironman, no walkthrough. I started the maze in Tulla, but couldn't figure out what to do. I decided to see if I could put the items IN the pillar. I succeeded, but that apparently wasn't what I was supposed to do. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to retrieve them.

Should it be possible to throw items INTO a pillar?

Zyrxil

Scholar
Neverwinter Knight said:
Arcanum - Shortcut -no3d like that?
On one hand, this is the Codex. On the other it's not a tech site. On the other other hand, it is a PC centric site. I am too confused as to whether/how hard I should mock you to mock you so I'll just say - No, not like that, in the shortcut's properties there is a Target field. In there.

Trashcan

Novice
I messed up my character build and want to use an editor to shuffle some points around. If I use an editor (which I'm just assuming exists...) that's compatible with 1.0.7.4 will it work on a save from a game that's running Drog's super fine mega patch?

Zhirzzh

Scholar
Zhirzzh said:
Interesting problem, I've been playing Arcanum for the first time in a long time, ironman, no walkthrough. I started the maze in Tulla, but couldn't figure out what to do. I decided to see if I could put the items IN the pillar. I succeeded, but that apparently wasn't what I was supposed to do. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to retrieve them.

Should it be possible to throw items INTO a pillar?

FYI, I have a save if anyone wants it. I've basically decided that it's an odd bug, and as such, I can load up a backup save.

Hizzad

Novice
YES YES YES!

After waiting for so very very long............ there's a community patch......

TQ TQ TQ TQ TQ TQ TQ TQ x 1 billion, Drog.

VincentI

Novice
I know it's offtopic but what's the meaning of "TH + xy" on a weapon. I looked in the handbook, searched in the net but found nothing.

Severian Silk

Neverwinter Knight said:
Arcanum - Shortcut -no3d like that?

No. You want to open the shortcut's properties (right click on it), and add the "-no3d" bit to the end of the "Target" field.

Zhirzzh

Scholar
VincentI said:
I know it's offtopic but what's the meaning of "TH + xy" on a weapon. I looked in the handbook, searched in the net but found nothing.

TH is the chance "To hit". So TH + 5 is +5 chance to hit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom