Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Shambelle

Novice
Drog Black Tooth said:
Change "Resist: (stat_constitution @ -5)" to "Resist: (stat_willpower @ -5)". BTW, once you make a change in one of the critter tables (txt files in rules folder), you have to delete all your protos, so they would regenerate with changes in effect.

Well, I did it and nothing...
The spell behaves as with a constitution save...
I don't understand at all...

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Shambelle said:
Drog Black Tooth said:
Change "Resist: (stat_constitution @ -5)" to "Resist: (stat_willpower @ -5)". BTW, once you make a change in one of the critter tables (txt files in rules folder), you have to delete all your protos, so they would regenerate with changes in effect.

Well, I did it and nothing...
The spell behaves as with a constitution save...
I don't understand at all...
You're doing something wrong. Anyway, this is going off topic, so you'd better pm me if you have any questions on this matter.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
- Quintarra's guards have Oiled Leather in their pockets but don't wear it.

- If you kill J.T. Morgan after receiving training, his mother still thanks you for freeing him. Adding KOS flag would suffice.

- Witch's dagger has empty spell panel.

- Helmet of strength is missing -1PE in it's description.

- Arcane Robes description: DR:3(+0). +0? WTF?

- When you finish negotiations between Caladon and Tarant, king Farad disappears but Heinrich Jenks' quest doesn't autofail upon this.

Faceless

Novice
- I killed Magnus, and took his bracelet as a souvenir. A good five or so minutes later, he spoke to me from beyond the grave with a complaint about my lack of respect for property...

-After you pick up the Telegram from Tarant, and follow the "I don't need protection" conversation path to its end, and choosing to say that you don't believe in it all, Virgil says "I'm sorry I didn't mean to," whilst the text reads "I'm sorry I don't mean to."

-There's a mistake in the roll-over description for the Haggle skill.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Faceless said:
-There's a mistake in the roll-over description for the Haggle skill.
"The art of the deal, used to buy goods at less full price. This skill is dependent upon your willpower (WP)."
Should be "less than full price", right?

Ander Vinz said:
- If you kill J.T. Morgan after receiving training, his mother still thanks you for freeing him. Adding KOS flag would suffice.
You've no idea what you're proposing. Anyway, there were several problems with these two NPCs, I fixed them all.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I have a request to everybody who's testing (or even simply playing) the game now. I'm going to make potato plants and lemon trees to have regeneratable inventories, and since they aren't prototypes but unique containers, I need a full list of all of them in the game.

Also, it seems some NPCs with unique art (those who can't wear standard armor) are often based on wrong prototypes, thus they might have a soundbank of the opposite gender. To check a soundbank just quicksave, then attack an NPC and quickload back so your game won't be messed up. I'd appreciate if you would check this thing from time to time.

Ander Vinz said:
-Bates does not always take his ring back.
I got around to checking this today. There are no checks for haggle or persuasion skills in order for this line to appear, so it seems they just forgot to add this to some lines. Could you tell me what line it was?

Talmeth

Novice
Hey, got a problem.. sorry if you've heard it >_<

How is you guys? Anyway, I found my Arcanum disk last week and I just got a computer back so I figured I'd try to play. Anyway I installed the game, then the update, then your update and now when I try to load the game it brings up a screen, then loads a load screen and shuts down back to the desktop. Was just hoping to maybe get some help, since I rather enjoyed this game and would love to help all I can.

-Talmeth

Faceless

Novice
Re: Hey, got a problem.. sorry if you've heard it >_<

Talmeth said:
How is you guys? Anyway, I found my Arcanum disk last week and I just got a computer back so I figured I'd try to play. Anyway I installed the game, then the update, then your update and now when I try to load the game it brings up a screen, then loads a load screen and shuts down back to the desktop. Was just hoping to maybe get some help, since I rather enjoyed this game and would love to help all I can.

-Talmeth

This has happened to me in the past. If the initial load of the game (the first time you play it after installing) fails, then it will fail every time. I solved this by re-installing in the past.

I hope this is all your problem is.

rroyo

Novice
This is petty, but -

Virgil's dialog - Line 584: I don't know much about these mountains, but the Panarii believed this was the site where the Living One would come again...there's a shrine around here explaining that much. Shrouded Hills, a small village, is just a ways down to the mountain...to the west of here...

Shrouded Hills is actually south and east of the crash site.

Also - "down to" the mountain?

Shambelle

Novice
My PC (neutral) can't get the effect of a Call Wind Scroll on his surrounding: the scroll is used, there is some eye candy but nothing else.

Edit: I suspect some kind of corruption on my game data.
If you don't observe this effect, then I definitely will have to get a new installation on my computer...

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Faceless said:
- I killed Magnus, and took his bracelet as a souvenir. A good five or so minutes later, he spoke to me from beyond the grave with a complaint about my lack of respect for property...
There's no script or internal name attached to his bracelet, but there are scripts on his gauntlets and book. Scripts fire when items are being inserted in inventory, they check if Magnus is around and call dialogue in 5 secs. And he talks about "property" when you take his book. Anyway, I've checked it several times, and wasn't able to reproduce the bug. Actually, dialogues can be executed only on alive creatures, or when the Conjure Spirit spell is in effect.

rroyo said:
This is petty, but -

Virgil's dialog - Line 584: I don't know much about these mountains, but the Panarii believed this was the site where the Living One would come again...there's a shrine around here explaining that much. Shrouded Hills, a small village, is just a ways down to the mountain...to the west of here...

Shrouded Hills is actually south and east of the crash site.

Also - "down to" the mountain?
Maybe that was the reason why the line is inaccessible in the final version? Should I disable it after all?

Palmer Eldritch

Educated
First of all, I just want to compliment you for doing a great job.

As for the virgil line: keep it, it's not a big deal that it's factually incorrect. I didn't even think about it when I played, it was nice that it was there, that's all.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
OK, I cut off the "...to the west of here... " part from both the sound clip and the dialogue file. Virgil also says "The path out of here leading down to Shrouded Hills is down to the southeast." as well, so it was a clear mistake.

Anyway, the next version will be released in 8 hours. Feel free to suggest anything else you'd like to be included in it.

Grump

Novice
Probably a more general problem with the AI but Raven gets confused about whether she's supposed to be a melee or ranged fighter especially when transforming into a water elemental. She'll often spend the firefight running back and forth from an enemy target.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Grump said:
Probably a more general problem with the AI but Raven gets confused about whether she's supposed to be a melee or ranged fighter especially when transforming into a water elemental. She'll often spend the firefight running back and forth from an enemy target.
She has a bowman AI behavior, i.e. she tries to keep the distance. There's no way to "fix" it, since if I change her to melee behavior, she will use her bow in close combat as well. Although it's possible to set the distance she tries to keep to some mid value.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom