Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Tygrende

Arbiter
Still thinking about a knife poisoner biology run, though feels like the new poison options not really worth it.
Of course they are worth it.

Knife + crawler poison + vanish nades =
4hCYor3.jpg

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Still thinking about a knife poisoner biology run, though feels like the new poison options not really worth it.
As knifer you dispatch multiple enemies per turn. There is no time to wait for poisons to kick in.
In the end it will be only useful against bosses... and not many of them.

In the end the biggest issue is that poisons are useful against enemies for which daggers are strong already.
Honestly the best value of crit dagger with poisons build I can see would be dispatching tchort in record time with leper coated poison. Or other fleshy bosses on dominating.
Obviously I can see crawler poison being useful but it will disappear from blade quickly. And in the end one should always think - wait a minute, isnt there an easier way of applying crawler poison to the group of enemies? And guess what - there is! crawler coated caltrops that can be bought from shops even! If you want single enemy there are always knives and traps that you can buy coated as well!

I find it quite weird that styg decided its required to have biology in order to apply poison to blade. Poisons in bottles are rare.

important part are always heavilly armored enemies/robots. If you want to deal with those like witcher would -> join pirates and buy corosive acid from katya. If you go this route better have sure step

Tygrende

Arbiter
As knifer you dispatch multiple enemies per turn. There is no time to wait for poisons to kick in.
Jokes aside leper is a straight up damage buff, it increases mechanical damage taken. 10% per stack, up to 3 stacks. There's no reason not to use it. Free damage, might even save a few stabs.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Jokes aside leper is a straight up damage buff, it increases mechanical damage taken. 10% per stack, up to 3 stacks. There's no reason not to use it. Free damage, might even save a few stabs.
thats why i said its for those who want to break record on how quickly one can drop tchort on dominating.

75 bio needed to extract & apply it... A bit extra investment over focus stim. Never went bio route but I dig getting addicted to stims. Normally I was just carrying a nice batch from picking pockets.

Actually we might be too focused on knives. You could coat a spear and sweep -> thus applying poison to the crowd. If you make evasive spearman with yell -> you can coat with cave ear/binding to sweep and apply extra debuff to avoid getting hit.

Tygrende

Arbiter
thats why i said its for those who want to break record on how quickly one can drop tchort on dominating.

75 bio needed to extract & apply it... A bit extra investment over focus stim. Never went bio route but I dig getting addicted to stims. Normally I was just carrying a nice batch from picking pockets.

Actually we might be too focused on knives. You could coat a spear and sweep -> thus applying poison to the crowd. If you make evasive spearman with yell -> you can coat with cave ear/binding to sweep and apply extra debuff to avoid getting hit.
70 bio is an investment that pays for itself with the ability to make hypercerebrix to boost crafting skills including bio.

In fact, you can go with 58 bio at 3 INT, use found hyper to boost it to 70 and craft more hyper to make more hyper with.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
actually leper goes up to 60 according to wiki. If target got ribs you can use new cleaver to try breaking some ribs and increase mechanical dmg taken further.

or you know... just use gas grenade for up to 200% increase. Obviously they only work well in ambushes or while abusing enemy ai.

Tygrende

Arbiter
By the way, I'm sure a lot of you noticed Tchort was buffed on DOM - he now has 8k HP and increased resists. I took that personally so I had to prove crowbar remains unchallenged.

Tygrende

Arbiter
That still does not make it garbage. :roll:
It is "common garbage" compared to superior, higher quality and rarer frames that can be found/bought around the same time. "garbage" as in "useless, meaningless, unwanted, inferior, not preferable" which meets the common definition of the word in just about any dictionary. I have not said they are inadequate or insufficent for beating the game. I think everyone else understood the meaning behind it just fine, not sure why you got so stuck.

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
Just finished Depot A on my spearman metal-man PK. It was pretty fun, however it could've gone smoother: For some reason, I decided to take Sprint at an early level instead of Doctor, I have needlessly spent a considerate amount of money on healing shit, and my bad point allocation on my Biological skills are not helping. Still, I leveled up as I found the quest item for Depot, so now I'm bound to fix at least the point allocation issue. Not being able to pass PER checks for traps is slowly getting to me, but thankfully with Jackknife and the googles it is less annoying than I initially expected. Here's the badly managed build so far:
Pf5RyP8.png
awZxn1R.png
90VL8qS.png
chvmD3w.png

On another note, any idea what the fuck is up with those Emergency Payphones?

thesecret1

Arcane
I did my previous playthrough as a psyker and it was pretty much smooth sailing. Now I made a stealth crossbowman and it feels hell of a lot harder. Is it normal? Or am I missing some essential tactic one's supposed to use when sneaking around with a crossbow?

Wunderbar

Arcane
I did my previous playthrough as a psyker and it was pretty much smooth sailing. Now I made a stealth crossbowman and it feels hell of a lot harder. Is it normal? Or am I missing some essential tactic one's supposed to use when sneaking around with a crossbow?
i think crossbow is one of the harder "regular" builds (by regular I mean not crowbar-only, throwing knives-only and any other gimmicks). Expedition is even harder that way, cuz your crossbow is even worse when used against naga protectors or swarms of locusts.

I just took Versatility and occasionally sniped harder enemies with a sniper rifle.

jackofshadows

Magister
Initially it suppose to be very easy. I had the easiest Depot A run on DOM with stealth crossbow guy (with quick tinkering tho which isn't necessary). But yeah, later on it can become much harder vs armored enemies. However you should get your hands on corrosive bolts and I'd suggest to take elemental bolts feat anyway. Then of course stack your crit chance starting with ambush (fire bolts activate it very nicely sometimes w/o the need of flares). Always carry some bear traps at least, use grenades and craft lots of special bolts.

Sheepherder

Augur

Elemental damage from crossbows crits! So, play the game in any way you can up to level 14, then get Elemental Bolts and at level 16 get Critical Power. You made a SI build, didn't you? Of course you did, who wouldn't. 100% crit chance! Now your alpha strike turn is the the first and the last turn of combat! You can also bleed Carnifex to death with Broadhead Bolts and Vile Weaponry! Past level 16 xbows dab on nagas, dreadnaughts and ur wife's boyfriend.
They used to be able to one turn Tchort ezpz (as if that was an achievement lol), but bigT got buffed to have 8k HP on dom and his resistances were increased, so they need two turns now. Ah well.

Carnifex
XJGS0XR.jpg

4naga
EK049sw.jpg

and Apogee
V4SPXYU.jpg

These are ooooold screens

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
So claymores are random drops and not guaranteed?

I'm trying to see which new/improved uniques you could make a build around that doesn't require waiting until level 24 to actually have your build start

ciox

Liturgist
Psiless Unarmed with Shield Riot Gear and all of the shield feats, is a build that completely exits the realm of 'le funy' meme builds and enters the realm of actual good builds.

Just don't go to the Black Sea.

thesecret1

Arcane
You made a SI build, didn't you?
What does SI stand for?

Build strength in Underrail is measured by how few consumable items you have to spam to get through.
I'm getting the feeling that stealth crossbowman is the opposite of this mindset. Elemental bolts, grenades, traps, adrenaline shots, you name it, this guy uses it. Was the reason why I picked it tbh – with psyker, I looked at all those things with "meh, more garbage, I resolve 90% of encounters by throwing in rage, then picking off the straglers anyway". Wanted a playthrough that made me use all the tools that are provided to me for once.

I also invested heavily into pickpocketing because I never did before, just to see what it's like, and it's fairly amusing. The value of the garbage you steal is usually zilch (though you can stop caring about ever running out of health hypos. It ain't gonna happen. Every asshole in the game has like three of them), but it's pretty fun to sneak behind some asshole, steal his ammo or drugs, and then initiate the fight, in which he basically falls flat on his face because you just stole all the things that made him dangerous.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I never had the patience for traps or elemental bolts when I ran my old stealth crossbowman. I remember relying on critical power and bowyer coupled with aimed shot and snipe to delete two enemies from stealth before combat even began. Flashbangs too since if you get everyone you're engaged with stunned then you can always stealth away and re-engage. Also spent some points making sure I could use an energy knife as a sidearm for enemies like burrower spawns.

I should try that build again but make it totally based around crossbows, knives, criticals and bleeding. Call it the Van Helsing build or some other somesuch.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I want to run a fairly broad-based build with Versatility, maybe that time-based Psi school, and traps/nades/crafting. I want to play it on Dominating as well, anything in particular I need to do far that? Isn't there something special you need to with Versatility, like it matters which skill you max? I forget.

Been a year since I last played, that was a chemical pistol build that I played most of the way through on dominating before cheating past final boss because I just wanted to see end slides.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom