Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ArchAngel

Arcane
I also got a comment about Gorsky. It seems like devs ran out of time and didn't implement anymore more for him after he takes over the other gang's stronghold. I went to him after doing different quests and leveling up to see if anything new shows up but it is always same and even his energy shield never recharges :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
OK, instead of wasting time of complaining about crits, can anyone here tell me already how to do the Ark Power Plant because I cannot continue until that shit is finished? And it seems that is critical to finding everything else :(

One of bigger complaints from me about DC is how hacking suddenly jumps to 130+ difficulties when before I don't think I seen more than 100. The whole area is really badly designed. It needs 2 more months of polishing.
Look for keycards, basically. Keep going in and eventually you'll be able to shut down the security and reroute the power to different areas of DC.
Ah so the keycard to open those red doors are not inside the Power Plant but all around the DC?
This is again something completely different than how every other "dungeon" so far was designed where you always can finish it from inside.

hell bovine

Arcane
OK, instead of wasting time of complaining about crits, can anyone here tell me already how to do the Ark Power Plant because I cannot continue until that shit is finished? And it seems that is critical to finding everything else :(

One of bigger complaints from me about DC is how hacking suddenly jumps to 130+ difficulties when before I don't think I seen more than 100
The elevator to DC is 120 or something but in DC fucking boxes with random loot are suddenly 130?!?!!?!?!?!?!
. The whole area is really badly designed. It needs 2 more months of polishing.
The power plant is basically one of those areas, where you have to backtrack a lot inside, but will also have to return again and again.
From what I remember: explore the first area to find a keycard. Go east, explore, find another keycard, go back to the first area to open another room... You get the drift. Pay attention to doors, some of them will open automatically if you stand close enough. Optional: you can turn off some of the power lines, which are used by sentries to rechanrge their shields, but I've found it quicker to just destroy them. Eventually you'll be able to proceed through an underground connection, and that means you're close to the end.

DeN DarK

Educated
Whitestone One, First Throne, Forty Forties
As for my impressions of DC so far
I went west at first and noticed shoorms are hard to skill and respawn within 20 seconds and automatically see stealth characters. So my stealth/crossbow guy without biology or chemistry quit that area and went north.
There I got irritated by 40% penalty to everything and how when you kill an enemy they respawn after 20 second as well. So I just proceeded to stealth through everything. After a while I figured out there are areas where the debuff disappears and I can run through areas while new one is being gathered. Still the "on the clock" feel DC gives me all the time is pretty irritating. I cannot imagine going through it with a non-stealth character, I think I would go berserk. I don't plan to take another character into it until this shit is fixed or stealth is now part of each and every character I make.

I managed to do it. I was very annoyed and irritated. PSI char with SMG (but mostly pure psi). Of course I'm not as hardcore as some players here and not minmaxed char very much in skills. Still all the game it was really interesting and not very hard. And in DC it was more like irritation about backtracking and I hated Sowers. And I still think some areas in DC are very good.
Anyway boss fight was really last straw. My psi build cannot damage mutatankers with anything. And with 3 con and 900 shield (non dodge-evasion + heavy armor regen armor) I can destroy one or two tanks and die on the way to the boss. I used stealth as I could - but I cannot hide in shelter rooms and recharge shields and e.t.c. because Scanners can open doors! Don't see how build that was cool all the game suddenly must became shit in the end without any signs. It must resemle that boss is super mighty? Then why start at the boss? Let all the game be like that - and people will be ok with super mighty boss because people who will play will only be super hardcore.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Then again, I think I ended up having an incredibly strong build (maybe even an OP build), so that could have changed my opinion. I could see how an xbow user would have a problem especially - I do think xbows need a lot of love.
Yep. I mean, this guy is not crit immune, but he may as well be...
hvbwYbB.png

Was that with an xbow? My sniper rifle with armor piercing ammo critted him for +800

epeli

Arcane
Then again, I think I ended up having an incredibly strong build (maybe even an OP build), so that could have changed my opinion. I could see how an xbow user would have a problem especially - I do think xbows need a lot of love.
Yep. I mean, this guy is not crit immune, but he may as well be...
hvbwYbB.png

Was that with an xbow? My sniper rifle with armor piercing ammo critted him for +800

Yeah, it's a crossbow. It's nothing new though.
6F8Bqr8.png

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
:updatedmytxt:

There's also a lore reason why those specific creatures have certain characteristics.
The shroomlings are another adaptation of the Foundry psimorphs and share a number of traits with them, including the high resistances and crit immunity. The adaptation Ezra had worked on before.

However, crit immunity is more fitting for living rocks than mushrooms. And the shroomlings are immune to poison as well. Maybe it's an oversight -- the creatures are basically made from the same template, both lore-wise and technically. Scratch that, it's intended.

Yeah, I immediately knew that they were a different form of psimorph. Their little larvae are a dead giveaway. It makes sense that they're immune to poison, too, because they're mushrooms. Then again, by that logic, it makes little sense that Bladelings (moving rocks, essentially) are vulnerable to poison.

The internal logic fails at some point and thus isn't a good excuse for annoying design decisions.

Nevertheless, completely fucking up entire character builds (and not just in terms of those enemies) due to harebrained DC design decisions that seem to make sense lore-wise and concept-wise is probably why nearly everyone is up in arms about DC. I'm extraordinarily lucky in that my build seems to be ideally suited to avoid many of the "fuck yous" DC has to offer, but it's early days yet.

Last edited:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Bros - does Fast Metabolism affect regeneration (the one you get for health at 90% or more as well as regenerative vest)?

Planning on a pure psi build and trying to decide between facetanking and sneaky-dodging.

Declinator

Arbiter
I'm at the Deep Caverns and I think I'm mostly done but can anyone tell me how to destroy the biomass in front of the gate to Tchort? I've fixed the gate and have destroyed the mushroom boss (something Roots), and I also have about 12 mutagens. But I seem to have explored everything and I must've missed something.

On the other my build is luckily pretty successful at Deep Caverns. Playing a psi-melee and "Expose Weakness" feat pretty much guarantees one turn or two turn kills against any creature or machine so far (including Industrial Bots and the worms in the labyrinth.) Casting mass rage with Locus of Control and then standing back to watch the chaos is also rather fun way to pass the time while having to wade through respawning enemies.

Also, any way to go past this gate:
1GMFYlL.jpg
Or the one outside this room (in the DC Tchortist base) ?

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
I'm at the Deep Caverns and I think I'm mostly done but can anyone tell me how to destroy the biomass in front of the gate to Tchort? I've fixed the gate and have destroyed the mushroom boss (something Roots), and I also have about 12 mutagens. But I seem to have explored everything and I must've missed something.

On the other my build is luckily pretty successful at Deep Caverns. Playing a psi-melee and "Expose Weakness" feat pretty much guarantees one turn or two turn kills against any creature or machine so far (including Industrial Bots and the worms in the labyrinth.) Casting mass rage with Locus of Control and then standing back to watch the chaos is also rather fun way to pass the time while having to wade through respawning enemies.

Also, any way to go past this gate:
1GMFYlL.jpg
Or the one outside this room (in the DC Tchortist base) ?
For the main gate you need
to make a psimorph biocide grenade from the leftovers of the mushrooms boss. It's easy to miss, because those three "click points" (container with leftovers, container with oddity, area transition are close to each other). You put that red sth (forgot the name, but it was a red item) in the machine next to the mutagen scanner and it will produce 5 psimorph biocide grenades. You'll need just one for the gate, just throw it and wait, because it's a gas grenade and therefore needs time to spread. If used on anything else, it'll do standard bio damage.

Bros - does Fast Metabolism affect regeneration (the one you get for health at 90% or more as well as regenerative vest)?

Planning on a pure psi build and trying to decide between facetanking and sneaky-dodging.
I'm wondering the same, so quoting this for emphasis. Also, how viable in general is a dodge build in this game (+ how skill point intensive compared to a heavy armor user)?

Declinator

Arbiter
For the main gate you need
to make a psimorph biocide grenade from the leftovers of the mushrooms boss. It's easy to miss, because those three "click points" (container with leftovers, container with oddity, area transition are close to each other). You put that red sth (forgot the name, but it was a red item) in the machine next to the mutagen scanner and it will produce 5 psimorph biocide grenades. You'll need just one for the gate, just throw it and wait, because it's a gas grenade and therefore needs time to spread. If used on anything else, it'll do standard bio damage.

I have the leftovers but where is this mutagen scanner and machine?

I found it. The Power station has a nice trollish feature which hides options (presumably because of lack of power whereas I thought it would simply say "Failure" or something along those lines for options that lack power.) So now that I was able to get Hollow Earth Research Complex powered up I found the machine.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Another question about DC (about tunnels south)
Area with Deep Worms and those neutral big Larvae - I hate it. Fighting one Deep Worm uses up way too much of my shock bolts and normal bolts and stealthing through most areas is a pain due to any bumping getting you out of Stealth and you cannot transition further while in combat.
Does this maze of Tunnels hold something important and if it does can anyone tell exactly where to find it?
Because I am qutting Underrail if I have to do this part of DC 1 second longer than I need to (at least qutting until wiki is updated with information on how to make player suffering last shorter).

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't understand how they are able to make most of the game so much fun and DC so irritating and sucky.
End game in Fallout was as fun as the rest.

This would be a 10/10 game if elevator took you down next to Tchort's door which was already open by Faceless, you navigate the facility a bit, join faceless or last Tchort defenders and have last battle.

Declinator

Arbiter
Area with Deep Worms and those neutral big Larvae - I hate it. Fighting one Deep Worm uses up way too much of my shock bolts and normal bolts and stealthing through most areas is a pain due to any bumping getting you out of Stealth and you cannot transition further while in combat.
Does this maze of Tunnels hold something important and if it does can anyone tell exactly where to find it?
Because I am qutting Underrail if I have to do this part of DC 1 second longer than I need to (at least qutting until wiki is updated with information on how to make player suffering last shorter).

Yes it holds the shaft that you need to be able to fix the gate. In the room with the monoliths. You can see the worms underground (so as to avoid bumping into them) if you look carefully though the last room has about four of them.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yes it holds the shaft that you need to be able to fix the gate. In the room with the monoliths. You can see the worms underground (so as to avoid bumping into them) if you look carefully though the last room has about four of them.
The problem is that the neutral larvae also bump into you. That alone I could suffer if the whole place was not a maze on top of it.

Declinator

Arbiter
This is a map I found while looking for the biomass solution
mmdM43Q.png

It's a bit of a mess but the labyrinth part is somewhat clear. 14 is obviously where you want to be.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Did they have to make respawning burrowers in the DC power station yard? Why? Just WHY? Why was that decision made?
"Let's make those burrowers respawn in the place where we KNOW the player has to go multiple times just to we can irritate them with more shit mobs to fight" - this I guess? I knew I should've gone with XP for kills. This way you get at least something by wasting ammo on those

Zetor

Arcane

The problem is that the neutral larvae also bump into you. That alone I could suffer if the whole place was not a maze on top of it.
Think of it as a realtime stealth minigame. I'm fairly sure it's doable with minimal stealth, but if you bump, you lose!
Stand still near the entrance, start moving when you see an opening, never go near any of the worms or larvae (they're pretty slow). If you made it to the next room safely, quicksave. Etc etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom