Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I have a question regarding re-stealthing in combat: How does it really work?

You need to incapacitate your enemies (stuns don't work) so they lose sight of you. Then you can just re-stealth or dash behind a corner to end combat. Flashbangs, tranquilizing bolts, cheap shots feat, that sort of thing.
Wait a moment, you can just incapacitate a dude with cheap shots, restealth and use cut-troath on him? You've just made my knife user quite happy.

Ent

Savant
How do I use a crowbar to open a ventilation shaft?
click on it in your inventory or your short cut bar and then click the vent you want to open (keep in mind you need a certain amount of strength to open certain vents).

epeli

Arcane
I see. If I incapacitate someone, can I just re-stealth in their face? Or do I need to break line of sight?

That depends on your stealth skill. They can detect you again normally and they will start detecting at orange eye icon, so it's better to put some distance between you and them.

It's not necessary to break LOS. In fact, if you've incapacitated everyone and broken LOS, you don't even need to stealth. You can just end combat right there.

Wait a moment, you can just incapacitate a dude with cheap shots, restealth and use cut-troath on him? You've just made my knife user quite happy.
Yes, but that takes mad stealth skillz. See above.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How do I use a crowbar to open a ventilation shaft?
click on it in your inventory or your short cut bar and then click the vent you want to open (keep in mind you need a certain amount of strength to open certain vents).
Right clicking it, like all usable items right? When I do that it "turns red" for a moment and I can't do anything. Strength requirement failure I imagine? Could use some in-game feedback for that

epeli

Arcane
Right clicking it, like all usable items right? When I do that it "turns red" for a moment and I can't do anything. Strength requirement failure I imagine? Could use some in-game feedback for that
The crowbar has to be equipped and your active weapon, otherwise it'll just be red on your shortcut bar and you can't use it. And you do get a clear message if you lack the strength to force a vent open.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey, Styg !

Can you set up the perk upgrade window so you can "catalog" which perks correspond to which skills\abilities?
Sometimes, I just wanna see all the gun perks open, and having to browse thru the entire list is annoying!

nimateb

Augur
Styg i seem to have run into a small bug

It's not possible to loot the container circled in red, in the room where fight Gerhard Page

bug_underrail.jpg
Me too, was there anything important there?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Styg , first off: Fucking congratulations! You have no idea how excited I am for you (even more than I am myself!) and your team. This came at a perfect time, too. Great job!

Second: My fucking lord do the early areas look great! Y'all did such a fantastic job with Junktown!

:love:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
The crowbar has to be equipped and your active weapon, otherwise it'll just be red on your shortcut bar and you can't use it. And you do get a clear message if you lack the strength to force a vent open.
Ok I might be stupid...but I have it now equipped and I can't "Use" it. I right click on the icon on the shortbar, right click on the icon in the inventory, left click on the vent, right click on the vent...Nothing. What am I doing wrong?

*@ArchAngel I found the omni tool too, just for the heck of it :p

I miss the old cave tiles. They were livelier, looked much better even if they somewhat look like straight walls. Anyway we can replace some tiles, Styg?

epeli

Arcane
I have it now equipped and I can't "Use" it. I right click on the icon on the shortbar, right click on the icon in the inventory, left click on the vent, right click on the vent...Nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure if being trolled here... Left-click on the crowbar's icon on your action bar or use the numeric shortcut. You know, just like you do with everything else you've placed there? Then left-click on the vent.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I have it now equipped and I can't "Use" it. I right click on the icon on the shortbar, right click on the icon in the inventory, left click on the vent, right click on the vent...Nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure if being trolled here... Left-click on the crowbar's icon on your action bar or use the numeric shortcut. You know, just like you do with everything else you've placed there? Then left-click on the vent.
You're not being trolled. It's either bugged for me or I just don't get something.
Making it stupidly simple: I have the crowbar equipped on the right slot (left hand of the character). If I press the Attack action button of the crowbar, I can't select the vent. If I click on the crowbar itself,either right or left, nothing happens. As in when I afterwards click the vent, I just look through it.

*Ok I found it out. I actually have to drag the crowbar in the action bar so that it registers as an "action" that I can use. Not nice, but anyway.

Wolfe

Arbiter
So.. depot A? How to? Ran into the first group of dogs and muties at level 6 and can barely even survive the first two rounds.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So.. depot A? How to? Ran into the first group of dogs and muties at level 6 and can barely even survive the first two rounds.

Try to use the building doorways as choke points, also molotov's are very helpful, but yeah its a very hard fight.

Wolfe

Arbiter

Try to use the building doorways as choke points, also molotov's are very helpful, but yeah its a very hard fight.

Indeed, that was hard. I used the exploding barrel to get rid of the dogs and then I baited the four mutants through all the mines I didn't disarm. Almost died but won in the end.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Any way to get merchants to refresh their inventories?

FFS, the first time I visited Junkyard everyone and his dog had awesome carrier vests for sale. Ofc I could not buy them that early in the game. Now that I've more than enough cash, not a single carrier vest in sight. And I can't face the dogs/mutties in depot A because my DR is too low.

Help?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You see I played game for 3 years. ) I did Depot A like 10 times lol.
But this time was whole different thing. :lol:
First my char is 3 Con pistolero on Hard. With no defence skills at all. )
So, I start from level where you get from "wormhole", from upper room filled with muties and 2 dogs.
I made various preparations, like burger with +1 Con, belt +30 HP, killed armed mutant from sneak on first turn, turn on the shield, but that wasn't enough - 3 previous attempt ended with reload.
So this time I chose to use Adrenaline, and lure them on mines.
Last dog blew itself on first mine, mutie stoped right before mine that was near corner, I stunned him with taser and run away, and I was sure that second mutie will blown himself when he start to walk around stunned fellow.
Then I heard an explosion :D I thought that all was done, but thaen I saw that wounded mutie came out from behind a corner.
I was - right, that survived explosion, shot him and thought - now all are dead.
Turned the corner and... saw another one!
Here I thought - game is bugged :eek: lol
I completely forgot about sound system
Killed him, then dog came. O_O
It turned out that sound of first explosion alerted mutants in room below, where there were even more.
I found one corpse where frag mine was set - he triggered in, died, and that wounded all of them. )
Victory was achieved with ~15 HP I think.

Very refreshing.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since I can't play for a couple weeks, I'm still conceptualizing my character ...

So tell me, how does the PC "get to" the game? Are you like a young soldier whose home cavern collapsed so you had to crawl out of the forbidden tunnel, some guy from the past stepping out of a cryogenic tube, a random kid who got pulled here on a rail, what? What is the explanation for you being in this weird underground place you've never been before? Or are you a dude who lived here all his life but for some reason doesn't know the surrounding area at all?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Since I can't play for a couple weeks, I'm still conceptualizing my character ...

So tell me, how does the PC "get to" the game? Are you like a young soldier whose home cavern collapsed so you had to crawl out of the forbidden tunnel, some guy from the past stepping out of a cryogenic tube, a random kid who got pulled here on a rail, what? What is the explanation for you being in this weird underground place you've never been before? Or are you a dude who lived here all his life but for some reason doesn't know the surrounding area at all?
There is no explanation on how you got there, just that you are not from there. The roleplay part is left to the player to fill.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

There isn't an explanation or backdoor or narrative to why your character starts out at the office of the director of the station... He's simply a promising new guy that was recruited into service.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom