Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
ehh :negative:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
(...) The hell? It works on XP and even you got it working on yours, so how is that a lie? (...)
Going by your train of thought it would suffice if he wrote in the minimal requirements section that Windows XP would suffice. Which wouldn't be true since it requires Win XP with SP3 installed AND .Net Framework 4 which is not included in SP3. As for WMP, when I was running this game on my old computer it required it, wasn't aware it's not the case any more.

If additionaly it would require Java 6 don't you think it would be mandatory for him to inform about it? I know your answer, after all java can be installed on Win XP, lol.

(...) You're entitled to your opinions, but if you start off with factual inaccuracies like that, your entire post reads like a lame troll.
lol
Who is being inaccurate here :D? My PC met all minimal requirements displayed on Steam page and yet the game wouldn't even start because it lacked a crucial component: .Net Framework 4 (and WMP then).

Also, clinging to the first point because you can't refute the rest is...

Well I guess haters gonna hate no matter what. (Hey, you could, you know, just tell them on official forums, that they should add it to description of minimal requirements, but rambling post is easier for brain).
Anyways, if I could pick things I don't like in current build it is - 1) using portraits for PC also for NPCs - that stuff just takes me away, when I talk to "myself". And 2) Shift for splitting things - I like my clicky games to be fully playable on mouse without need of keyboard.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

What we've learned from you so far:

1) You don't like Underrail as much as us.
2) You like AoD more.
3) You also like a healthy handful of awful to mediocre games more.
4) You're Polish.
5) You're poor.
6) You're not very smart.

Is there anything else? Way I see it, you can go home now, party's over. Thread's better off when we're actually discussing Underrail and attempting to help Styg make it better. Oh. And good luck figuring out how that potato works.

Weasel
I've seen some 'interesting' criticisms of games around here but "requires Win XP with SP3 installed AND .Net Framework 4" is right up there :)

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Played this for a few hours today. I probably should have waited till 1.0 but was curious (and frankly had not much better to do). Not sure if it is "the bestest crpg in like centuries bro" but i can see the potential and the f-o vibe is strong in this one. Which is a good thing of course. I made a brainy psi character and the starting quest proves pretty difficult (also a good thing). I like the alternate leveling system (pretty much a pnp method), the game chooses this as default btw when i started a new game. I think i paid 8 euros for the ea. Is this price upped for 1.0? Otherwise it seems low (if the game can deliver what it promises now).

Zdzisiu

Arcane
This game is too cheap to be that good!

It is always heart-warming to see people so baffled by this.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
(...) (Hey, you could, you know, just tell them on official forums, that they should add it to description of minimal requirements, but rambling post is easier for brain). (...)
Actually I did tell them that a year ago and nothing has changed. The response I got was that the game is just adapting to modern standards. Also, Styg is reading this forum so I don't need to go to their forum to let him know about this.

Weasel
Actually I did tell them that a year ago and nothing has changed. The response I got was that the game is just adapting to modern standards. Also, Styg is reading this forum so I don't need to go to their forum to let him know about this.

S5Gge1h.jpg

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What we've learned from you so far:

1) You don't like Underrail as much as us.
2) You like AoD more.
3) You also like a healthy handful of awful to mediocre games more.
4) You're Polish.
5) You're poor.
6) You're not very smart.

The last few bullet points could be reduced to: :outrage:

Viata

Arcane
So, after trying the viking version, I just bought this game. As this is my first EA game, is there any chance of I lost my save game after the game is released? If so, I may wait for the game to be released before spending more than some minutes into it once a while.

epeli

Arcane
So, after trying the viking version, I just bought this game. As this is my first EA game, is there any chance of I lost my save game after the game is released? If so, I may wait for the game to be released before spending more than some minutes into it once a while.
Probably best to wait. You can also freely export your characters between game versions/playthroughs, but I think Styg intends to disable alpha characters once the game is released.
Styg said:
You'll be able to use your current character as long as the game is in the alpha stage. After the full release you'll probably have to create a new character. From that point onward you'll be able to use the same character for all your Underrail adventures if you so desire.
wink.gif

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Played this for a few hours today. I probably should have waited till 1.0 but was curious (and frankly had not much better to do). Not sure if it is "the bestest crpg in like centuries bro" but i can see the potential and the f-o vibe is strong in this one. Which is a good thing of course. I made a brainy psi character and the starting quest proves pretty difficult (also a good thing). I like the alternate leveling system (pretty much a pnp method), the game chooses this as default btw when i started a new game. I think i paid 8 euros for the ea. Is this price upped for 1.0? Otherwise it seems low (if the game can deliver what it promises now).

played some more, actually managed to finish the first 2 assignments with my brainy psi character. The music reminds me of f-o, it seems spot on.

1 bug, error on area transition (after that message it actually did do the transition anyway, but the message was persistent, until i saved to a named file, instead of quick save)

i think i stop now and wait for the 1.0. Sofar it looks very promising though!

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
played some more, actually managed to finish the first 2 assignments with my brainy psi character. The music reminds me of f-o, it seems spot on.

1 bug, error on area transition (after that message it actually did do the transition anyway, but the message was persistent, until i saved to a named file, instead of quick save)

i think i stop now and wait for the 1.0. Sofar it looks very promising though!

Why wait? There's apparently a ton of content already in the game. I'm 15 hours in with no noteworthy bugs, and barely scratched the surface of the content.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, to be fair one good reason to wait is that while there are only a couple areas left to include in the game, Styg has mentioned that the next step is going back to the earlier areas and making them as quality as the later areas. If you're on the fence, I would wait. I'm the sort of person who values multiple play-throughs of games I love (I usually play FO1&2 once a year or so) so seeing the whole thing in progress has actually been pretty fun for me.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
The game, when I played it, was fucking awesome.
Granted I've not played it in a while though. And because I don't want the experience spoiled for me, I won't.
But it is awesome.

Whiran

Magister
The game, when I played it, was fucking awesome.
Granted I've not played it in a while though. And because I don't want the experience spoiled for me, I won't.
But it is awesome.
I agree on this. I finally bought it last month mainly because I figured that since I would anyway I may as well get it now.

The game is really good.

As to the minimum spec whining - I don't see any other games (however, to be fair, I haven't looked at all games on Steam) on Steam that list .Net framework stuff as part of their minimum specs. Of all the things to whine about this one is pretty ridiculous in my mind. Maybe if other games listed .NET as part of their minimum requirements there might be a point to it but... golly gosh, talk about trying to create an issue out of nothing.

Drowed

Arcane
Why wait? There's apparently a ton of content already in the game. I'm 15 hours in with no noteworthy bugs, and barely scratched the surface of the content.

Because the "first time you play something" is a special time. Can't speak for him, but if I play it now, I will have to wait for the final version when I reach the end of the current content. And since there may be changes, I want to have the full meal at once. I got to play other games on Early Access and I can say that it sucks when you need to stop halfway and wait for the game to be completed. You lose the momentum, and when you return to the game, you don't remember exactly where you was or what you were doing. And more than that, nothing you see is as interesting as the first time - no matter how good the content. So if you decide to start from the beggining again, it's a waste of a good and 'complete' experience; you already know the content.

Now that I figured it out, I will not burn my first experience with an incomplete work anymore. (At least in the case of RPGs, competitive or sandbox games are another story.)

Photokoi

Learned
Because the "first time you play something" is a special time. Can't speak for him, but if I play it now, I will have to wait for the final version when I reach the end of the current content. And since there may be changes, I want to have the full meal at once. I got to play other games on Early Access and I can say that it sucks when you need to stop halfway and wait for the game to be completed. You lose the momentum, and when you return to the game, you don't remember exactly where you was or what you were doing. And more than that, nothing you see is as interesting as the first time - no matter how good the content. So if you decide to start from the beggining again, it's a waste of a good and 'complete' experience; you already know the content.

Now that I figured it out, I will not burn my first experience with an incomplete work anymore. (At least in the case of RPGs, competitive or sandbox games are another story.)
This. I personally have only played demos and such, which don't really ruin the experience, but actually help to decide whether or not you should buy the game. I can't imagine doing early access on such games like Planescape: Torment or others which are such an immersive experience and then replaying or starting after 3 months. I personally wait for the games to come out as well.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Fair enough on waiting for 1.0, but there's so few good new games to try. You can have a helping hand in bug reports, suggestions as well, if that's your thing.

Photokoi

Learned
Fair enough on waiting for 1.0, but there's so few good new games to try. You can have a helping hand in bug reports, suggestions as well, if that's your thing.
Absolutely, but I guess like Drowed, I'm not that guy. And I know, it sucks to wait for games.

Got bored and left

I went ahead and bought the game, partly because of this thread (thanks guys, I gues?), Early Access be damned. And I'm happy to report that I'm liking it so far! Out of curiosity: just how much content is there in the game right now? I'm just wondering how much time you can spend with this thing during a single playthrough.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I went ahead and bought the game, partly because of this thread (thanks guys, I gues?), Early Access be damned. And I'm happy to report that I'm liking it so far! Out of curiosity: just how much content is there in the game right now? I'm just wondering how much time you can spend with this thing during a single playthrough.

I guess (a very rough guess) between %70-80.

Playthroughs probably range between 30-60 hours depending on your playstyle and character build. (30 hours need either some experience with the game or skipping some areas)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom