Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I've found the best aspect ratio to be 16:9 anyway.

EDIT: Styg I think I found a pretty significant bug: If you work for the Scrappers, then betray them, find Blaine, give information to Black Eels and talk to Protectorate BEFORE talking to SGS...it seems there will be no way to continue dialogue with the Black Eels to continue the quest.

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane
Gotta say, so far this update has been excellent.
  • I don't want to spoil anything, but there's lots of fun quests and events with some rather unique things going on. And so much to explore - as if the entire Upper Underrail and Lower Underrail's underpassages weren't enough, there's also new hidden stuff around the world.
  • Anyone thinking Underrail's dialogue or C&C was lacking should be pleasantly surprised. The writing just keeps getting better and better, Styg & PhrygianDominant overdo themselves with each update! There are still some typos though, but I'm doing my part to get those fixed. :)
  • The art department isn't lacking either, Upper Underrail is just so drop dead gorgeous. Does a real good job of masking the tileset grid size too, some parts look like they aren't contained in the same grid at all.
D5AQ1gY.png

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
EDIT: Styg I think I found a pretty significant bug: If you work for the Scrappers, then betray them, find Blaine, give information to Black Eels and talk to Protectorate BEFORE talking to SGS...it seems there will be no way to continue dialogue with the Black Eels to continue the quest.

Did you go and tell the ambassador that Silas agreed to their terms?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

I mean, I've already done this quest so I know what to do. But yeah, there was no dialogue option with Silas to do this (meaning, Silas is unable to discuss their terms, thus ending the quest prematurely).

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer

I mean, I've already done this quest so I know what to do. But yeah, there was no dialogue option with Silas to do this (meaning, Silas is unable to discuss their terms, thus ending the quest prematurely).

Can you upload your save to Dropbox so we can take a look?

epeli

Arcane
TwinkieGorilla did you reveal the wormhole to Eddy? Looks like you did, and that means the Black Eels' attack plan becomes impossible since Scrappers have collapsed the wormhole.

edit: I just went to Junkyard to confirm it, the wormhole tunnel is collapsed. Black Eels no longer have a route to the Depots. You should have betrayed Scrappers just a liiiittle bit earlier.

Last edited:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
TwinkieGorilla did you reveal the wormhole to Eddy? Looks like you did, and that means the Black Eels' attack plan becomes impossible since Scrappers have collapsed the wormhole.

edit: I just went to Junkyard to confirm it, the wormhole tunnel is collapsed. Black Eels no longer have a route to the Depots. You should have betrayed Scrappers just a liiiittle bit earlier.

Right, I know. I've done that quest-line before. I just wanted to see if I could play both sides, talk to Blaine and still find a way to betray the Scrappers and go into battle. It seemed like I'd be able to because there is still a Blaine dialogue option if I'm not mistaken.

The difference between man and ape is that gorillas cannot into logic.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Anybody found Hephaestus yet? I was a little drunk when given the mission and can't remember where I was supposed to look.:oops:

EDIT: Oh shit apparently I'm inside it right now. Nvmnd.

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane
Build balance curiosity...

Anyone who has played after the Core City update: have you tried killing these guys? If yes, how did it go and what sort of character were you playing?
5NLLAUS.jpg

It's the faceless blockade on the metro tunnel leading to North Underrail, just outside Core City.
Attacking them is probably a suicide for most characters - I know many of my characters have a snowball's chance in hell of surviving something like that. But there's at least one build that can deal with them (and practically the entire game) extremely easily.

So I'm kind of curious, what are your experiences? I think this particular encounter is a good point of comparison, but any thoughts and observations about under- or overpowered builds are welcome.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
started playing recent build again, very nice, but the game really needs some kind of map, especially once you get tnt charges.
plus it makes no sense for the camp to go hostile if you put on the rathound regalia after you already delivered his head....

Last edited:

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
started playing recent build again, very nice, but the game really needs some kind of map, especially once you get tnt charges.
plus it makes no sense for the camp to go hostile if you put on the rathound regalia after you already delivered his head....

Yep, I just got this game and the lack of map hurts, but everything else is great so far.
The variety of ways you can solve situations, meaningful build varieties and combat options was everything I had hoped (and didn't get) for in Wasteland 2 and dragonfall.
That said, does the quest variety open up after the early game quests for Tanner and friends?

polo

Magister
It makes a little sense at least. Didn't bothered me much the first time it happened. Also i don't remember that place being very interesting, or important so i never went back.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
It makes a little sense at least.
not for a char of opposite gender equipping the armor in the middle of the market, who couldn't be possibly mistaken for the ratking, especially after clering the mines from crawlers.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
That said, does the quest variety open up after the early game quests for Tanner and friends?

Yes.

not for a char of opposite gender equipping the armor in the middle of the market, who couldn't be possibly mistaken for the ratking, especially after clering the mines from crawlers.

Daughter of Ratking? I dunno, they're jumpy I guess.

On a similar note I thought it was strange/unfortunate that the Protectorate in Core City don't recognize you as not just a member, but an outranking officer (if you've chosen that path) when approaching the door. Like...really? You're going to make a Protectorate general sneak in to his own allied base while avoiding said allies in order to steal some shields? I mean...you're a fucking general. Just ask for them.

epeli

Arcane
The Rathound King must've been a major pain in the ass for the Hathorians since the mere sight of his regalia turns them into murderous rage even after his death... :P

On a similar note I thought it was strange/unfortunate that the Protectorate in Core City don't recognize you as not just a member, but an outranking officer (if you've chosen that path) when approaching the door. Like...really? You're going to make a Protectorate general sneak in to his own allied base while avoiding said allies in order to steal some shields? I mean...you're a fucking general. Just ask for them.

Yeah, only the Protectorate troops in Upper Underrail recognize you if you choose to join the Protectorate. None of the old content reflects that. They must have pretty bad communication between Upper and Lower Underrail (read: most likely a developer oversight, they probably didn't have time for that yet)

But... you, a general? I think you're mixing up general and corporal, or you found a way to get some really serious promotions. Kind of a big deal: one is the highest possible officer rank and other is a low enlisted rank.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
As much as I enjoy the Core City additions, I do miss the vibe of the original area (SGS, caves, up to Junkyard I guess.) I still think they are the best parts of the game exploration and atmosphere-wise. I can't really put it into words very well but I really enjoyed the feel of SGS; every floor had a purpose, the sentry bot patrols and sandbag-encircled turrets, the exit gate to the caves etc. Mushroom Cove was another area I am really fond of, but unfortunately alot of the new areas seem like empty instances with nothing in them. Exceptions to this would be the instances with the cliffs or ruined buildings.

Last edited:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
But... you, a general? I think you're mixing up general and corporal, or you found a way to get some really serious promotions. Kind of a big deal: one is the highest possible officer rank and other is a low enlisted rank.

Maybe I'm misremembering then? Don't judge me for the amount of weed I smoke while playing this game!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom