Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Underrail: Infusion Dev Log #6: New Environment Renderer

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

CHEMS

Scholar
Will there be update on lore?
The only thing i hope is that we'll be able to kill Six

Heavens know, I have tried, over and over.
lukaszek didn't you kill Six using cut throat once?
nah. I recall someone being into it, perhaps Tygrende or... that guy whose name eludes me. avatar with a hat, something like eppeli?
Some guy over our underrail thread managed to kill Six, but Styg got wind of it and patched out the exploit :deadhorse:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Styg identifies with Six so deeply that it's having psychosomatic effects on his health to see the likeness of Six being harmed, patching out killing Six is a matter of keeping the big man himself alive

CHEMS

Scholar
I thought Styg's self insert was Ezra though
Can't be his self-insert. Ezra is a member of a presigious and exclusive guild guild. Styg isn't.
But Styg does...

>higher difficulties affects economy buffing merchants and devaluation your money through shady central bank charon operations
>he nerfs builds that could take on members of a certain select group of people that are not people at all

Are you suuuuuuuuuure he's not a honorable member of a certain tiny hat club?

FriendlyMerchant

I thought Styg's self insert was Ezra though
Can't be his self-insert. Ezra is a member of a presigious and exclusive guild guild. Styg isn't.
But Styg does...

>higher difficulties affects economy buffing merchants and devaluation your money through shady central bank charon operations
>he nerfs builds that could take on members of a certain select group of people that are not people at all

Are you suuuuuuuuuure he's not a honorable member of a certain tiny hat club?
He's not. Even if he was at one point, he doesn't pay dues so he can't be a member.

.Pixote.

Augur
I don't give a fuck about the visual's, it's the mechanics and storytelling that wets my groin. As is the original Underrail visuals have a nice 90s retro vibe...

:philosoraptor:

ciox

Liturgist
4wJPAa9.png

Detail wise, what we've seen so far looks about comparable to old Fallout sprites, slightly more generic outfits maybe, but that is counterbalanced by there being a lot more customization to be had when it comes to looks and equipped items. Some clothes being torn up or having a missing sleeve or something like in Fallout could probably help a little.

Tech wise, it does feel like the character is a bit sharper than the environment, with rougher edges, this is expected since the characters are supposed to be rendered in 3D, but hopefully there's options to antialiase the characters a bit.

4wJPAa9.png

Detail wise, what we've seen so far looks about comparable to old Fallout sprites, slightly more generic outfits maybe, but that is counterbalanced by there being a lot more customization to be had when it comes to looks and equipped items. Some clothes being torn up or having a missing sleeve or something like in Fallout could probably help a little.

Tech wise, it does feel like the character is a bit sharper than the environment, with rougher edges, this is expected since the characters are supposed to be rendered in 3D, but hopefully there's options to antialiase the characters a bit.
"comparable to old Fallout sprites" is pure wishful thinking and not true

Diggfinger

Arcane
Let's cut to the chase, only thing REAL Underrail fans wants to know is...

Will Infusion include a playable version of Whack-a-Hopper 3: The Final Whacking?!

or, even better...

the long awaited Whack-a-Hopper IV: Old Jonas' Secret Pleasures (bestiality warning)

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wonder where infusion will take place? at first i thought it was about where the faceless chill out because in battle they got infused hahah lol.
I am guessing the North, though considering that is the likely location of Underrail II, who knows.

None

Scholar
wonder where infusion will take place? at first i thought it was about where the faceless chill out because in battle they got infused hahah lol.
Either somewhere completely new or we'll see Dis and/or Hexagon. From some of the screenshots I'm guessing we will at least see Hexagon.

CHEMS

Scholar
Either somewhere completely new or we'll see Dis and/or Hexagon. From some of the screenshots I'm guessing we will at least see Hexagon.
Too much of a cliffhanger to not be set in North Underrail. Would be nice to see West Underrail too, their culture sounds very interesting and with potential to be explored

huskarls

Scholar
north underrail during a civil war would be ideal, new setting and you can have factions, and what not. non-ideal would be south underrail 30 years later with wink wink references to the rail dweller

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom