Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Unconfirmed: The Elder Scrolls V to be Announced at E3

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Clockwork Knight said:
Mister Arkham said:
The Ninth Circle said:
racofer said:
Took you 10 hours for that conclusion? The fuck mang!
Slow learner is slow.

Hardly. Unlike most modern gamers, I actually like to give a title a solid chance and form a well defined opinion that can be expressed and supported in various ways. Be it on the internet or not, having a valid argument backed by legitimate points is better than screaming "ITZ TARDED AN YUR FUCKIN TARDED FER LIEKEN IT, SHITHOLE!" Call me crazy, but I dislike blathering, knee-jerk reactionaries.

What the fuck man, don't you know this is an elite forum for intelligent crpg fans?

The proper way of stating your opinions is to create a "My Impressions on Game X after Tutorial' topic. Preferable saying what would you prefer being done to your dick instead of playing it.

All right, we'll play it your way, CK: After playing through the tutorial section of Oblivion after my recent reinstall, I decided that it was a not very good game, but not so bad that I had to stop playing and go pound a nail through my dick. After ten hours of playing I was still of the same general mindset about the game, but had formed a more concrete opinion (experiencing the variety of things that the game had in it to do, and finding that I liked none of them in particular) and had also ruled out cutting off my dick, stuffing it in a wasp nest, and lighting it on fire. I am certain that further play and thought would grant me greater insight into how I may choose to not go about mangling my genitalia, but I think that this will suffice for the time being.

Twinfalls

Erudite
I think with Kirkbride and Peterson gone, they've lost the ability to make another work of art. This is what really distinguished Daggerfall and Morrowind. I'd be very happy if they prove this wrong but Emil Paglawagla being lead writer bodes ill, given his sensibilities so far.

Data4

Arcane
Twinfalls said:
I think with Kirkbride and Peterson gone, they've lost the ability to make another work of art. This is what really distinguished Daggerfall and Morrowind. I'd be very happy if they prove this wrong but Emil Paglawagla being lead writer bodes ill, given his sensibilities so far.

Don't forget Ken Rolston. He took a more back seat position with Oblivion, so I don't credit him for a lot of the shit in that game. Morrowind was his baby, and while imperfect in it's own right, was a much better game.

Point of trivia, Big Huge Games. the company he joined after leaving Bethesda, got bought out by former Red Sox player Curt Schilling and they're working on a new IP, along with Todd MacFarlane and R. A. Salvatore. They're going to make a singleplayer RPG to introduce the IP at large, and then followup with a MMORPG based on it. Projects Mercury and Copernicus, respectively, are the development codenames, if anyone is interested.

LOLEDIT: 38 Studios is the name of the new company.

As for the new TES, it's going to be a MMO. Pretty sure of it, based on bits and pieces I've picked up from MMORPG sites.

Micmu

Magister
Code:
Read shit on codex.

Post comment.

Move on.

This is how I deal with Bethseda games since oblivious mishap.

DraQ

Arcane
Heartless Squall said:
Incorrect. Game developers aren't greedy. They dream with this job from cradle to college, not thinking about money but making good games. The same applies for modders and others, of course.
bobby-kotick.jpg

roll-a-die

Magister
DraQ said:
Heartless Squall said:
Incorrect. Game developers aren't greedy. They dream with this job from cradle to college, not thinking about money but making good games. The same applies for modders and others, of course.
bobby-kotick.jpg
Kotick wasn't a game developer, he was a businessman brought in to head a company.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Data4 said:
Twinfalls said:

Don't forget Ken Rolston. He took a more back seat position with Oblivion, so I don't credit him for a lot of the shit in that game. Morrowind was his baby, and while imperfect in it's own right, was a much better game.

Point of trivia, Big Huge Games. the company he joined after leaving Bethesda, got bought out by former Red Sox player Curt Schilling and they're working on a new IP, along with Todd MacFarlane and R. A. Salvatore. They're going to make a singleplayer RPG to introduce the IP at large, and then followup with a MMORPG based on it. Projects Mercury and Copernicus, respectively, are the development codenames, if anyone is interested.

LOLEDIT: 38 Studios is the name of the new company.

As for the new TES, it's going to be a MMO. Pretty sure of it, based on bits and pieces I've picked up from MMORPG sites.

God no, please dont make TES V an MMO. I don't care if they make an Elder Scrolls MMO as long as they make a single player TES V. IF not, serious nerd murderous rage comin.....

Im interested in 38 studios, between Rolston and Salvatore Im hopefull the single player RPG is good. Not sure what Schilling adds other then money and PR I guess.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
It just occurred to me that the only TES game I have finished was Arena. I played the others (well not Oblivion so much) for hours but never finished.

Need to work on that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom