Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima Ultima VII help

deamento

Scholar
I'm playing the gog version, and have noticed Iolo commenting "is that virtuous?" when moving around some items in a shop to see if there is something under. I have read that the companions may become upset and leave if they watch what they think is "stealing", although it's just moving items slightly around. My question: can you prevent them leaving or do they "forget" that over time once they complained in the past? I don't want to lose anyone next time I'm dragging something on screen.

One thing is have them leave the party and stay put, then you steal things alone, and after you're done, you ask them to rejoin...
:necro:

Luzur

Good Sir
I'm playing the gog version, and have noticed Iolo commenting "is that virtuous?" when moving around some items in a shop to see if there is something under. I have read that the companions may become upset and leave if they watch what they think is "stealing", although it's just moving items slightly around. My question: can you prevent them leaving or do they "forget" that over time once they complained in the past? I don't want to lose anyone next time I'm dragging something on screen.

One thing is have them leave the party and stay put, then you steal things alone, and after you're done, you ask them to rejoin...
:necro:

well, i ignored them when i was roaming around peoples belongings, and no-one left afaik.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Reinstalled U7 with Exult/Keyring Mod, got a few questions:

The Exult FAQ states: You can set the resolution as high as your computer supports. But there are some issues with it and it is considered cheating.

I could care less about the cheating claim - but they are a bit vague on the issues, what issues if any, arise from playing at higher resolutions?

and

The Keyring mod added some goofy looking portraits, how do I revert them to the default BG ones?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Reinstalled U7 with Exult/Keyring Mod, got a few questions:

The Exult FAQ states: You can set the resolution as high as your computer supports. But there are some issues with it and it is considered cheating.

I could care less about the cheating claim - but they are a bit vague on the issues, what issues if any, arise from playing at higher resolutions?

With higher resolutions, you can open containers that are miles away from the party. Opening them can cause unexpected bugs and is also kind of cheeting. If you do run higher resolutions though, just ONLY open containers that ARE next to the party, and you should be just fine.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
With higher resolutions, you can open containers that are miles away from the party. Opening them can cause unexpected bugs and is also kind of cheeting. If you do run higher resolutions though, just ONLY open containers that ARE next to the party, and you should be just fine.
Thanks man ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom