Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

UFO crave: Aftershock or Aftermath

Achilles

Arcane
That is true for the whole series. Some good ideas, not great execution. At least it was decent fun at a time when tactical games were thin on the ground.

The annoying thing is that they all fail in different ways for the most part. If the devs could just learn from their mistakes and improve on what they had the later games could have been great, but instead it's like they intentionally sabotaged themselves.

laclongquan

Arcane
Incomplete features:

NO drug effect~ What the fuck do you mean 6x +3INT do nothing? Fuck this!

No note to comment on troop. I have to rename their nicknames Troometec to keep their career progression straight.

Interesting training group skills, bad application. Commando equipment for example. You can get access to it in two training group skills. But its weapon are too limited. What do you mean I cant dualwield 2 katanas? I mean, commando-ranger is just just there to be had. Ditto with medic. If you can get heal permanent damage in tactical battle, it would be more useful. As it is, a level 3 medic just auto reduce time to heal perma damages.

Some of the nerfed features, like no dualwield katana, smell like a nerf to balance the game... Still a bad misdesign, though.

On a personal note:

Finish the Wargot Mothership assault. During this sub campaign I learn to use the grenade launcher and have fun with it. It's not too bad in the long corridor of spaceship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom