Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

Litmanen

Educated
Someone has to tell it like it is
And you have been VERY VERY clear.

You hate the game and find it, I more or less quote, "boring, short with an waful gameplay and probably a dreadful system. But it's probably still better than PoE I and PoE that (that are awful shit)".

Thank you for your contribution and the truth you gift us everyday.

Now let people talk of this game in the thread dedicated to this game for people who have played and liked it!

I liked it. Nice short game. Nothing sensation in general, but a very nice atmosphere and setting.

GloomFrost

Arcane

You hate the game and find it, I more or less quote, "boring, short with an waful gameplay and probably a dreadful system. But it's probably still better than PoE I and PoE that (that are awful shit)".

Now let people talk of this game in the thread dedicated to this game for people who have played and liked it!

I liked it. Nice short game. Nothing sensation in general, but a very nice atmosphere and setting.
So is it not allowed to post anymore in this thread unless its something positive? Its a slippery slope dude. Next thing is that you are going to call him "toxic" and try to get him banned or even "cancelled". Very "SJW shit" vibes.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So is it not allowed to post anymore in this thread unless its something positive? Its
I mean, if you're gonna shit on something, at least make it entertaining. What's the point of calling games banalshitboring when your criticism is equally banalshitboring.

GloomFrost

Arcane
So is it not allowed to post anymore in this thread unless its something positive? Its
I mean, if you're gonna shit on something, at least make it entertaining. What's the point of calling games banalshitboring when your criticism is equally banalshitboring.
Posts like "the game is shit and boring" are not any different from "the game is sweet and short and got nice atmosphere". Both type of posts don't contribute much and are not very informative. If you don't like some posts just ignore them or rate them as "retarded" or something. But never tell anyone to stop posting because it is mean and it offends the game you like. Like I mentioned before it is a very slippery slope.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
But that's the problem. With Pillars, which is also banalshitboring, at least you could make fun of the awful pseudo-Welsh and the fampyrs.
This game has NOTHING.

Wasteland

Novice
Tyranny has at least one crucial advantage over Pillars: it's much shorter. I actually managed to finish Tyranny; POE put me to sleep somewhere around Act II.

I also think Tyranny has a more interesting premise and generally less tedious moment-to-moment writing. If the game were more difficult, and the story/mechanics polished--say, if the resources that were poured into POE went to Tyranny instead--it might have been great. I could be off-base here, but I always felt like POE was a choke job; the devs were trying too hard, having marketed it as the Triumphant Return of the Legendary CRPGs of Old (tm). POE overflows with a kind of self-consciously portentous atmosphere. Tyranny by contrast seems like something thrown together casually, something with which the devs allowed themselves to have fun.

Litmanen

Educated

So is it not allowed to post anymore in this thread unless its something positive? Its a slippery slope dude. Next thing is that you are going to call him "toxic" and try to get him banned or even "cancelled". Very "SJW shit" vibes.
No, obviously you can disagree with people and you can dislike the game how much you want.

But if, at every single post, he comes just to say "IT'S SHIT", I mean... in a kindergarten the situation is better.

After one hundred times he has copy-pasted the same hateful comments, I think it is enough, no?

goregasm

Scholar
I dunno, beat UnderRail prior to the expansions. Fantastic game, playing it again with all of the dlc.

OG KoTC is...fine. I can certainly see why it's held in high regard by others, I don't hate it, something about it doesn't jive for me as much as it does others, perhaps the Ultima like perspective. I prefer ToEE, which I find quite similar, if I am being honest.

Never played the last one, it's that rougelike correct?

Definitely have issues with some of obsidians crpg offerings during the "resurgence"- that said, I still am happy they came out and played them.

No idea why people get uppity if you hate them. It's no skin off my ass.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tyranny suffers from the devs not having enough life experience to know what they are writing about.

Litmanen

Educated
This is a safe space for all the people who cant beat Underrail, KotC or ToME
I've beaten and loved Underrail.

I'll maybe play KotC.

I'll never play ToME and you haven't beaten it yet, because I follow that thread too. So...

Litmanen

Educated
The fuck. Play ToME.
I do not judge the game (like other people) but roguelikes are not my cup of tea.

I like C&C, dialogues, story, different approaches to quests, useful skills and attributes also in dialogues and quests.

And ToME is a roguelike with very few of these things.

But I will not say IT'S SHIT FOR RETARDED LIKE ALL THE ROGUELIKES. Because I don't think it.

I don't like the genre.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Tyranny suffers from the devs not having enough life experience to know what they are writing about.

Like I said before, got a lot of love for this game, but you can really see the juvenile mindset behind the writers when you read the way the average Scarlet Chorus member speaks. Like an edgy 14 year old, literally. The very concept of the kind of character they were trying to portray eludes them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom