Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds

• Thread starter Deleted member 7219
  • Start date

yipsl

Scholar
sportforredneck said:
whitemithrandir said:
and it denies the holocaust.
Don't we all?

No, I don't. I do deny the idiots who get so worked up over it that they can't live their lives normally in the here and now. Face it, humans can do quite evil things, and then they love to forget the evil things.

I'm for humanity not doing the evil things and remembering just enough to say "this didn't work the last time", but not fixating upon the past. The whole idea is to not have such a thing happen again, not to get into arguments with people who can't face the fact that such things did happen.

I do wonder why the Europeans are doing a bit more to keep the CRPG alive than we do over here. Despite the flaws in the Gothic series (no worse than the flaws in the Elder Scrolls), they are single player CRPGs. That Polish CRPG just might be finished one of these years, and Two Worlds has promise, but ruins it by stressing online play.

All we really have nowadays is Bethsoft and I bet they go the online route for both Fallout and The Elder Scrolls one of these days. That's where the money is to be made, when the graphics and game world trump the roleplaying and the adventure.

covr said:
Why do you lie? It's made in Poland. It's not another gothic-nazi-game.

Maybe us American's can't tell Central Europeans apart? Too many episodes of "Mission Impossible" with generic accents and totalitarian regimes. What's up with "Witch Hunter"? When's it coming out? Someone told me the novel's been translated, so I'll look for it.

Sad that when a game was done based on the WoT, it was a chozzerai FPS instead of a CRPG.

Needle

Novice
Matt7895 said:
The combat is fucking hard, though. It is not complicated - its just clicking the LMB as much as possible. But the enemies are tough to kill and hit hard.
You should try using the evade button ('q'). Combat was a nuisance before I found out about it and now it's actually fun most of the time.

I'm enjoying it so far. Yes, the plot is flat and clichee, and yes, there is practically no role playing involved. But hey, hardly any so-called role playing computer game has, so I can live with that. It's fun for what it is. At least the hero has a personality (which the player has no influence on) and a motivation to do the things he's doing, unlike a certain other game. Also, the german voice acting is excellent, which adds a lot to the overall experience.

And lastly, it's pretty and shiny and still runs much much faster than oblivion or gothic 3 ever could dream of. Me like shiny things.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7633/02wx9.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/188/03iy5.jpg

Mayday

Augur
German voice acting is always excellent.
I don't know how they do it, it's like their Racial Feat or something: "Supreme Voice Acting of the Emperor".

Kraszu

Prophet
Mayday said:
German voice acting is always excellent.
I don't know how they do it, it's like their Racial Feat or something: "Supreme Voice Acting of the Emperor".

They got experience from dubbing everything for tv.

Special_Can

Scholar
yipsl said:
sportforredneck said:
whitemithrandir said:
and it denies the holocaust.
Don't we all?

No, I don't. I do deny the idiots who get so worked up over it that they can't live their lives normally in the here and now. Face it, humans can do quite evil things, and then they love to forget the evil things.

I'm for humanity not doing the evil things and remembering just enough to say "this didn't work the last time", but not fixating upon the past. The whole idea is to not have such a thing happen again, not to get into arguments with people who can't face the fact that such things did happen.

It's heavy handed. It is all way to heavy handed...

MasPingon

Arcane
yipsl said:
What's up with "Witch Hunter"? When's it coming out? Someone told me the novel's been translated, so I'll look for it.

The Witcher is coming out in about 4 months. First novel called "The Last Wish" is being translated, it should be done before the game come out.

As for Two Worlds- it doesn't have Oblivion graphics, nor Gothic gameplay. It isn't superior to this games in any way. Reality Pump should get back to rts games

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
MasPingon said:
As for Two Worlds- it doesn't have Oblivion graphics, nor Gothic gameplay. It isn't superior to this games in any way. Reality Pump should get back to rts games

Total bullshit. It is not comparable to Gothic gameplaywise, but the designer never intended it to be. It plays like Sacred 3D.

It is superior to G3 storywise and on par (most of time) with its graphics and performance.

It is superior to Oblivious regarding the characterisations of the NPCs, creating a living world and the motivation to carry on playing.

Reality Pump should never get back to RTS because Earth2160 was a steaming pile of poo.

MasPingon

Arcane
Sir_Brennus said:
Total bullshit. It is not comparable to Gothic gameplaywise, but the designer never intended it to be. It plays like Sacred 3D.

My ass. It ment to be Oblivion/ Gothic mix. It is even more random then Oblivion and more buggy then Gothic 3, but I think it's not what we were waiting for.

It is superior to G3 storywise and on par (most of time) with its graphics and performance

Gothic 3 is a broken game, you are right

It is superior to Oblivious regarding the characterisations of the NPCs, creating a living world and the motivation to carry on playing.

Oblivion was far from perfect, but no. Two Worlds cannot be compared to Oblivion graphics in any way. Living world? Where? All I saw is bunch of random npc, boars and wolfs (I think so, from the look of it it could be anything). There even are no taverns. What for? You can't sleep anyway

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
MasPingon said:
My ass. It ment to be Oblivion/ Gothic mix. It is even more random then Oblivion and more buggy then Gothic 3, but I think it's not what we were waiting for.

As our godfather VaultDweller tends to say: "Back your stupid statements with facts, please."

MasPig said:
It is superior to G3 storywise and on par (most of time) with its graphics and performance

Gothic 3 is a broken game, you are right

I did not think that the story of all things in G3 is broken. It is just ranges from barely existend to just bad. Performance is broken, but are the gfx? Where?

brainfart said:

Oblivion was far from perfect, but no. Two Worlds cannot be compared to Oblivion graphics in any way. Living world? Where? All I saw is bunch of random npc, boars and wolfs (I think so, from the look of it it could be anything). There even are no taverns. What for? You can't sleep anyway

Hey stupido. I didn't compare Oblivions grafix to TW.

Both games can't be compared - yes. Because Reality Pump invested some effort into TW. Bethesdas just took everything that was acceptable from Morrowind and removed it from the game, leaving just dreck.

"Random NPCs" - Are you fucking kiddin' me? What are the guys in Oblivion? Individuals? Take your head out of your ass before talking to me.

Living world = NPCs with backgrounds, villages, towns, wildlife, factions, politics, war - you name it. Everything is in TW. What is missing: More dialoge options and NPC schedules.

Taverns = There are taverns. NO inns, but taverns. They are mostly outside in the warmer parts of the continent. Sounds logic - of course. Those polish guys put some thought into the game - opposed to Bethseda.

P.S. It was probably a rabbit, but someone as retarded as you is absolutly not in the condition to tell one from the other.

MasPingon

Arcane
Sir_Stupid_Troll said:
MasPingon said:

As our godfather VaultDweller tends to say: "Back your stupid statements with facts, please."

You should do as VaultDweller says. You want facts? Go to the official Two Worlds forum for the list of bugs. It will be a long lecture, I doubt you can handle it.

moron said:
I did not think that the story of all things in G3 is broken. It is just ranges from barely existend to just bad. Performance is broken, but are the gfx? Where?

Graphics aren't broken, just unfinished. Poor water, ugly field of view, not good character models (you can berely recognize your old friends)

butthead said:
Both games can't be compared - yes. Because Reality Pump invested some effort into TW. Bethesdas just took everything that was acceptable from Morrowind and removed it from the game, leaving just dreck.

I'm not defending Oblivion, Jimbo. The fact that Oblivion was poor crpg doesn't make TW a good game. There are a lot of problems - it's way too easy, ppl can kill the end boss by just one hit of the sword. Story is very bad, npc and worldmap are very random, your sister looks like anal street whore, dialog is non-existant. Don't bother ansfering, retardo, you don't have a clue

cutterjohn

Cipher
MasPingon said:
I think that the Oblivious/G3 copy only came after Oblivious manage to sell 3M copies to suckers the world over. Evgerything else I've heard abot this game makes it a TRUE Diablo 2 clone in 3D with a half assed first person camera view...

,,, oh, and, SHOCK, like all European games buggier than fuckall...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom