Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Two Worlds Two: The End

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I can't get over that stupid melee attack animation. it looks like you are using a nunchuck.

Notice that the attacks is a hitscan too..capable of hitting not just the target in front, but anything that comes into contact with its hitbox when you twirl it to one side. It only makes sense if you're actually using a staff...but fuck it. This game is like a trainwreck that refuses to stop.

RK47

Patron
U r now One of Us!
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Considering I simply plopped down a telepad to reach this place seconds after I completed the task they must have some kind of radio network for the rebels.

04.jpg

05.jpg

But there's a surprising lack of trade. No surprise, they must be fully focused on survival at this point. Mayhap when times are peaceful they shall revert back to regular craft.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

karga.jpg
Some men from Kormorin told me of you and the Groms. 'Tis good to know that someone here has such skill!
hero.jpg
And some men have told me that Clan Karga is the real power here in Thalmont...

Nice tongue action between both men.

karga.jpg
We are. The Skeldens can't even begin to suspect how much we know about them and their business.
hero.jpg
Then why not take the Excavations by force?
karga.jpg
Nay, we are not THAT strong... not yet anyway! The Skeldens still have more striking power than we... and the money to fuel that power - but that will change. As you're here anyway, would you mayhap be interested in any mercenary work?
hero.jpg
What would you need done - if I WERE interested?

Dat foreplay.

karga.jpg
There is a man in Gorelin who works for the House. He has vital documents for us, but I cannot send any Clan members into the village.
hero.jpg
Why not? The villagers support the Clan!
karga.jpg
Nay, Gorelin is different. 'Tis a den of thieves, a place to cut throats and have your own slit too. Our man there is called Zed Masara. Would you contact him and get me the documents?
hero.jpg
Why not? 'Tis hardly any distance from here...
karga.jpg
Let no one suspect who you are... there are those in Gorelin who would like to see the entire hung by their necks...
hero.jpg
How will I recognize this man in Gorelin?
karga.jpg
Gorelin is almost deserted this time of year - he'll find you...
hero.jpg
Who is YOUR leader?
karga.jpg
Ultar Karga and his son Cahal are the true heads of the Clan - but people in the village respect Conn Krannach more than any Clan member...
hero.jpg
Aye - he seems to be a man of great import in these parts...
karga.jpg
'Twere not for him, we would be nothing in the villages - many villagers came over to our side when he made his home in Komorin.
hero.jpg
A brave decision for a rebel...
karga.jpg
Conn found a woman in Komorin - but 'tis more than that - even when she died more than a year ago, Conn still continued to visit the village - he taught the villagers the craft and the history of Thalmont. When Isa betrayed him to the House, we could not believe it. Isa himself was the brother of Conn's late wife. That made his betayal of Conn even more evil!
hero.jpg
Mayhap he had a reason?
karga.jpg
If he had something against Conn - which I cannot believe - he should have had it out with Conn - but he betrayed him... for 10 pieces of gold! No matter... no one will ever catch Conn Crannach.
hero.jpg
Where is he now?
karga.jpg
No one knows - he comes and goes... I have heard that Hagrast is in the mountains again - and Conn hates Hagrast.
hero.jpg
I'll see to my affairs now. Farewell.
karga.jpg
Farewell.
09.jpg

10.jpg

hero.jpg
Do I know you?
karga.jpg
I am Barra Gall, but they call me Pillory. I punish offenses against the Clan.
hero.jpg
I do not understand.
karga.jpg
'Tis hard to keep order within a group of outcasts - someone must see order is kept, otherwise we would end up like the other bands in the mountains.
hero.jpg
So you are a judge of sorts?
karga.jpg
Mayhap - one name is as good as another.
hero.jpg
How does this affect me, pray? Am I the accused here?
karga.jpg
Nay, nay...but I heard that you are a bounty hunter.
hero.jpg
Ah. 'Tis a task for me, eh?
karga.jpg
All of Thalmont will soon know this - we will pay five thousand gold for the head of Isa, the traitor who sold Conn Krannach to the House!
hero.jpg
My thanks for the information.
karga.jpg
I thought you should know this first, before others start the hunt.
hero.jpg
Aye - five thousand will stir the greed of many.
karga.jpg
'Tis more than most folk see in their entire lives. Isa is a dead man - but he knew that the moment he betrayed Conn.
hero.jpg
Fare thee well!
karga.jpg
Aye. Fare thee well!

Five thousand gold for the traitor's head. But I bet things are not so simple. For ten gold pieces...quite an unlikely story. I move on in search of Ultar Karga.

11.jpg

12.jpg

hero.jpg
I could ask you the same question - you look like a Society Mage...
mage.jpg
Heh-heh! I left the Society a while ago - and I do not regret it.
hero.jpg
Many young Mages would give an arm to enter the Society! What was wrong?
mage.jpg
Jealous struggle for power... that is what awaits he who follows the ways of the Society! I soon saw that I could be much more useful here.
hero.jpg
What do you then - help the Clan?
mage.jpg
Aye, here and there... I try to heal humans and animals, if time allows.
hero.jpg
Indeed... you must have much to do!
mage.jpg
Aye, much indeed...but this is what I have sough my whole life. 'Twas hard at the start, however... these Clansmen are not too trusting...
hero.jpg
True indeed!
mage.jpg
Aye - but YOU are here - you must have done some deed of significance for them.
hero.jpg
I do not think so - but I am glad that they do!
mage.jpg
Heh-heh. Who can understand the Highlanders? Anyway, 'tis hard to keep them healthy... they truly do not care for their own safety. And if they continue to be as reckless, I will have no healing mixtures left - and no chance to replenish my stocks before the colder weather sets in...
hero.jpg
Why not?
mage.jpg
It takes time - and I am not famed for my skills in alchemy...
hero.jpg
What would you need?
mage.jpg
Healing potions, two at least, then my own brews can become more potent.

:lol: That's it? WTF..someone could've just gone down to one village and buy two for less than a hundred gold.

hero.jpg
Here you are. Two bottles as you requested.
mage.jpg
Excellent. I do not have much money, but mayhap this spell card will come in useful...
13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

RK47

Patron
a Neenja
01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

hero.jpg
Do you not perform the same task for the Clan?
zed.jpg
Mayhap, but I don't care for money. I will help Clan Karga to ruin the plans of Ebrat.. he will pay for everything.
hero.jpg
A private grudge, mayhap?
zed.jpg
An old grudge, mayhap - but very much alive. So Ethan sent you for the documents? I have them here. Tell Ethan that these are all I could obtain without arousing the suspicions of Brokk. He is so canny, I fear that I could be in trouble for this.
hero.jpg
What's in the documents?
zed.jpg
Proof of the House of Skelden's dishonesty with their allies in Cathalon. T'will not suffice to have the King lop off any heads, but mayhap t'will stir things up...
hero.jpg
Give me the documents.
zed.jpg
Keep them - they are a death sentence if you are caught with them!
13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

hero.jpg
Then I will respect that.
oldman.jpg
Wait! Have we met? I...er...what do you want?
hero.jpg
Nothing. Something compelled me to come here...

Yeah..the green talking icon compelled me.

oldman.jpg
You remind me very much of someone. He was here of late - he also could not tell me why he came - after his visit my family was murdered.
hero.jpg
I grieve for you...
oldman.jpg
'Tis not your fault... Ironshoes chose them and I must accept that.
hero.jpg
I know not what you mean... Ironshoes?
oldman.jpg
Every time a god is born or dies, Ironshoes calls for the witness, I believe my daughter and my wife were chosen.

:what:

hero.jpg
You said they were murdered.
oldman.jpg
We were in the same room when it happened - I heard nothing - Ironshoes took many lives this summer.
hero.jpg
Do you really believe in this... Ironshoes?
oldman.jpg
The gods are afraid of those who watch. They whisper to me sometimes, but I cannot understand them.
hero.jpg
You are crazy.
oldman.jpg
They are aliens on this world, but they are patient, time is on their side.
hero.jpg
You need rest.
oldman.jpg
Aye, I do indeed.

Methinks this Ironshoes is some kind of mind control that takes place when the unwitting victim is asleep. But that doesn't explain how no one could pin the blame on the sole survivor. Mayhap something else is afoot here.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

I slipped away from Gorelin without incident and brought the documents back to Karga Clan.

22.jpg

Another blow to the Skelden House was dealt. But it's still not finished until I settle matters at the Excavations.

RK47

Patron
Dammit Moon-moon!
01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

hero.jpg
I am from the south.
mage.jpg
Aah, I too am from the south... the Society sent me to this most barbaric province with a special, rather dangerous mission.
hero.jpg
Does the Society supervise the work in the Excavations?
mage.jpg
The Society would indeed like to... but there are forces in Cathalon that prevent this. Nay, my mission here is of another nature - methinks "against nature" would suit better...
hero.jpg
Do you mean the Taint?
mage.jpg
Worse. The Taint is hideous, but those who use it for their own purposes and help it spread are even worse.
hero.jpg
I have heard that the Society itself uses the Taint for its own purposes.
mage.jpg
But we must do! We must learn the nature of the danger! No member of the Society would dare to even think to use it for their own purposes. Take the Necromancers for instance - What do they want?
hero.jpg
Methinks you will tell me...
mage.jpg
Indeed, I will tell you. Power, pleasure and personal glory. They are driven by morbid curiosity. They do not cooperate, they fear to share their dark secrets with us... I tell you, they are mad, my young friend, simply mad - but dangerously so, I fear... Rumors have reached the Society that many Necromancers fled to Thalmont. I now have proof of that.
hero.jpg
What will your organization do with this proof?
mage.jpg
We will decide when I report to the Council - but the situation is grave. Fare thee well...

There's no gain in taking sides for now, I'll see if the conflict develops further.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

hero.jpg
The House of Skelden? I believed them to be in the south, in Cathalon?
moon.jpg
Thalmont used to be a poor place - so our beloved King Emrys decided to make some changes... The King chose our 'ouse to put things right... and Enrat Skelden was sworn in as the Governor of Thalmont.
hero.jpg
So he is the man of import here... may I speak to him?
moon.jpg
That ain't so easy... since the last murder attempt, only trusted members of our 'ouse can see him...
hero.jpg
I understand... but this is a matter of great import...
moon.jpg
Determined, eh? That's good. I may need someone like you. Outlander - someone with no ties to either side... I can help you if you help me.

Heh. Right. No ties.

hero.jpg
In what way?
moon.jpg
Ebrat's gettin' ready to swat these rebels like the flies they are... an' 'e asked me to find 'im a trustworthy person to solve a little problem first...but I 'aven't found the right man yet... so prove your loyalty to the 'Ouse - sooner or later Ebrat'll 'ear of you and want to know more... that's when I'll support you, see?
hero.jpg
How do I prove my loyalty?
moon.jpg
We're short-'anded - talk to Menno Hagerard. He asked for more men. You'll find him north of the Excavations on the road to Yarmalin. An' talk to Harban at the gate... oh an' Berud too... e'll be around Covengor. There are more you can talk to and the more you're known, the better. Four or five 'eavy deeds and Ebrat'll call you... You can also go to Set Kistor and tell him Moon sent you... and Brokk too... e'll be 'appy I finally sent him someone to help!
hero.jpg
You said you need someone with no ties to either side... pray tell me of this task you have for me...
moon.jpg
Aye, there's something else I 'ave for you... but it ain't official-like... between ourselves, if you get me? I was expectin a very important package from Qudinar - but it 'asnt come yet. I think that the courier is shirkin' his duty... I want you to teach 'im the meaning of the word responsibility!
hero.jpg
A simple task!
moon.jpg
Aye, mayhap...but don't you be forgettin' the local smugglers! Even gettin' into Gorelin is a problem, never mind teachin' anyone responsibility! Go there and find Estar Gren. Do what you 'ave to do to make him cooperate and bring me my package.

Gorelin eh? Methinks there's an easy way inside...

hero.jpg
How fares the House of Skelden in Thalmont in these difficult times?
moon.jpg
Clan Karga rebels still cause trouble - but we'll deal with that soon... The big problem 'ere is the peasants... superstitious, stubborn and set in their ways, they are...
hero.jpg
What do you mean?
moon.jpg
You'll soon see for yourself - they believe that an angry spirit of the mountains has woke up and started killin' people in their sleep. The rebels are behind it... it's them that kills the ones that support us, I'm tellin' you...
hero.jpg
I must go now...
moon.jpg
Use caution on the road!
16.jpg

ore clover

Learned
:lol: Nice job with that palisade. I wonder whether the devs set that up on purpose, or 'twas simply good fortune.

RK47

Patron
Serving House Skelden
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

hero.jpg
Why did you think so?
guard.jpg
I heard that you work for us. Tell Sano Moon that some strangers have been seen 'ere... 'tis probably that the rebels know this mine's of great import to us.
hero.jpg
May I see the mine?
guard.jpg
Ain't much to see... Myron and his group collapsed the shaft as Sano wanted. But... as you wish... the gate's open.
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

In one of my shopping trips, I found a prized item from the Society store.

13.jpg

It's 4,500 gold. But man it's one of the best buy ever.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

RK47

Patron
Ninja/Courier/Wizard
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

hero.jpg
Sano believes that you are not as honest with him as you might be... where are the goods?
thug.jpg
Sano sent you? Ye gods! How often must I tell him that the caravan was taken by the rebels?
hero.jpg
He wants the goods, not your excuses.
thug.jpg
Bah! Problems with Sano are one thing - but if I treat the Clan badly... my own people will skin me alive before I can run...
hero.jpg
What? Smugglers care about the rebellion?
thug.jpg
Aye... YOU try and do business here... you will soon learn who has the real power on the mountain trails - everyone curries the favor of Ultar and his men. Here, I can work for one side or the other and no one will raise an eyebrow. 'Tis accepted business. But if I try to wrest the goods back from the Karga Clan, they will think I work for the house. You understand?

No. I don't. The goods was originally House business. You failed your job. Pay the fine, dicksmoker.

hero.jpg
I do not see it that way.
thug.jpg
You're not of Thalmont... if you wish to do it yourself, I can show you where they store the goods. I can even pay you half of Sano's money for your trouble - but I will not do it myself.
05.jpg

HAH! This cur wants a share despite failing the original task and contributing absolutely nothing!

hero.jpg
No. I want the information AND the money, all of it. Then I shall regard this as settled.
thug.jpg
What the hell? What of my share? What do I have from this?
hero.jpg
You stay alive and are a friend to both sides.
thug.jpg
Fine. Show me your map. It must be...here.
hero.jpg
How do you know where the rebels are?
thug.jpg
You don't understand. The Karga Clan still exists because of two rules - never hide and always be prepared to move swiftly.

:lol: Uh...interesting military stratagem

hero.jpg
Very risky. I would say.
thug.jpg
Nay. Ebrat has tried many times to catch Ultar Karga, but Ultar is like the wind. Many eyes work for the Clan - the Karga men know when to vanish.
hero.jpg
They do not expect any trouble from me.
thug.jpg
Aye, that should help you get what you need. Farewell.
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

:lol:

RK47

Patron
The House NEVER wins
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

hero.jpg
You know me?
guard.jpg
Aye, of course. 'Tis not everyday that someone outside the Clan earns so much esteem. How can I help you?
hero.jpg
Pray tell me, friend, why are you here?
guard.jpg
Cahal ordered me to guard the supplies in the cave. I have been on my feet the whole day long - my bunions are like apples now... one more hour and they will be like watermelons.
hero.jpg
Why do you not move the supplies to the camp?
guard.jpg
All the Clan forces are dispersed. It keeps us mobile and makes it hard to destroy the entire Clan. That is why the House will NEVER win.
hero.jpg
A clever tactic...
guard.jpg
Indeed. If you need any supplies, feel free to take some. We must help each other in these times...

Perfect. Our reputation allows us to get past this guard unchallenged.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

RK47

Patron
No Rush
01.jpg

02.jpg

02a.jpg

I decided to postpone the rescue. I've yet to secure the documents that Ultar needed. Instead, I go around the camp, seeking further employment.

03.jpg

hero.jpg
Sano Moon sends me.
guard.jpg
Ah! The Bounty Hunter! Sano told me a little of you... How long have you been in Thalmont?
hero.jpg
Enough to learn of a few nasty places...
guard.jpg
Ah, pity! I need an unknown face - just do it and get out quietly, you know? Pity you're known...
hero.jpg
You do not need to worry about my stealth - no one will see if I do not wish it...
guard.jpg
Aye? You better be stealthy! I'll tell you why... 'Tis bandits! The Royal Caravan from the Excavations was attacked.. the King 'imself is furious...
hero.jpg
I understand. Do you know where these bandits could be located?
guard.jpg
I will tell you all you need to know! You do your work and no questions...
hero.jpg
'Tis simple... your men could even do this...
guard.jpg
Nay, 'tis a delicate task... Skelden House must avoid any association with those bandits. Anyway, Finch and his group've failed us too often - this is 'is farewell.

Uh..what?

hero.jpg
The bandits worked for you?
guard.jpg
Ho! I said NO questions!
hero.jpg
Aye, but the more I know, the less risks I run...
guard.jpg
Verily...right...we used Finch to make some extra profit from the Excavations...now we hear that someone else had hired him too! Our reputation is at stake here!

So you're okay with him robbing for you but not okay with them robbing for someone else. Brilliant.

guard.jpg
Any link between the House of Skelden and Attacks on Royal Caravans must die...understand?
hero.jpg
Why not provide your own guards? For Royal Caravans?
guard.jpg
The Council...er, I mean, King Emrys offered us his help to transport the find to Cathalon - a true royal gesture.
hero.jpg
A sign of distrust to me...
guard.jpg
If I didn't know that Sano sent you, I'd swear you were Karga! Shut up and get on with your task!
hero.jpg
I'll do it. Where can I find this Finch?
guard.jpg
Do you know Darrut, the Great Gate on the way to Cathalon? His hiding place is in a cave to the east of Darrut - and if there's a guard outside, tell 'im that the House greets Finch and sends his payment.
hero.jpg
Farewell.

How corrupt can House Skelden be? Slavery and now robbing caravans.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

hero.jpg
The House greets Finch and sends the payment.
thug.jpg
Phew! THAT took a while! Go on it. Finch awaits you!
10.jpg

11.jpg

hero.jpg
There is no money - only a farewell from Set.
finch.jpg
Damn their eyes! Why are our employers so hasty? Is it because of that little incident? Ho-ho, I can explain tha!
hero.jpg
Explain. Convincingly.
finch.jpg
It wasn't our idea. Someone contacted us when we were getting' supplies in Gorelin about a week ago. He asked us to steal somethin' from the Excavations transport. At first we thought it was a jest - you know what work we do for Skelden. He must've known it too, but he didn't seem to care that we wouldn't let him go with that knowledge. Morn, one of my boys wanted to kill 'im there'n'then... but then he said, cool as you liki... "I can arrange for certain people in Cathalon to vanish...".. that man knew how to grab our attention!
hero.jpg
Do you have any problems in Cathalon?
finch.jpg
I thought Set might've told you... a sweet little wench whined too much - turned out 'er father was of great import in the city - we 'ad to leave, sudden-like. Me and Morn went to Thalmont and joined up with the rest. We stayed there boozin' for a while 'til Set found us and locked us all up... we were sure we would swing... but we didn't...
hero.jpg
So he offered you work?
finch.jpg
Aye... we was supposed to attack the caravans and store the boot 'ere. Set had always sent 'is men to take it from us, heh-heh! But the pay was regular and t'was much safer than facin' up to enraged fathers or the wenches we'd got to know...then three weeks ago, we got no money... then again... and that meant Set didn't care about us anymore.. so we left as fast as we could run...
hero.jpg
Then the stranger arrived?
finch.jpg
Aye... 'twas simple too...we take a special item to Four Stones, he makes a big, angry father vanish and opens up Cathalon for us again...
hero.jpg
What was the item you were to bring to him?
finch.jpg
Worthless dwarven junk, if you ask me...
hero.jpg
Who would do so much for an old piece of rubbish...?
finch.jpg
I don't care - I believe that man can do anythin'...
hero.jpg
What do you mean?
finch.jpg
...'Cost they say now that the Giriza has competition... and 'twas that stranger... the Family tried hard to catch 'im, but 'e got away... fled. You understand? He got away from the Giriza in Gorelin! He can do anythin! Aahh, enough babblin'... you didn't come 'ere to lisen to my stories, did you? Set wouldn't send a bad fighter to us... and? You'll mayhap kill a few of us - but we'll get you and know it.
12.jpg

Actually it's the opposite. You're all going to die. But I'm gonna spare your lives since I don't really want to do Skelden's dirty work.

hero.jpg
No one has to die. Give me the item you spoke of and leave. I will tell Set that he does not need to worry about you now...
finch.jpg
Interesting. That's mayhap not the best proposal I've heard lately... but...interesting. Why would you do this for us?
hero.jpg
I need to know a few things - and your booty may be worth much more than your lives.
finch.jpg
Here. Keep it. It brough us nothin' but trouble...and I'm sure that stranger in Four Stones won't care who he gets it from... I think that the climate in Thalmont is gettin' unhealthy for us... with the Orc war underway, there's good chances for the like of us...farewell!

We part amicably. It's time to leave.

13.jpg

14.jpg

I ignored his joke and moved on.

15.jpg

16.jpg

There I shall once again make contact with my sister...
17.jpg

Last edited:

Codexlurker

Savant
I can't get over that stupid melee attack animation. it looks like you are using a nunchuck.

Notice that the attacks is a hitscan too..capable of hitting not just the target in front, but anything that comes into contact with its hitbox when you twirl it to one side. It only makes sense if you're actually using a staff...but fuck it. This game is like a trainwreck that refuses to stop.

I am not sure which was worse, the voice acting or the animations. Naw, probably the attack animations.

RK47

Patron
Four Stones Village
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

As I near Four Stones Village, a lady called out for help.

04.jpg

hero.jpg
Who... I? Aye, eh, how can I help you then?
woman.jpg
It is my mother, she has always been good to me... now she is sick and we cannot pay for the medicine she needs...
hero.jpg
How much do you need?
woman.jpg
Five gold pieces would be enough... I cannot offer you anything as a reward - but I promise you will not regret it.
05.jpg

Only five gold? That's nothing.

hero.jpg
If this will help your mother, then take it, fair damsel...
woman.jpg
I KNEW you would help me. If you ever come back this way, I'll give you some nice herbs!

What kind of herb would that be? Man-drake-root?

hero.jpg
That will please me indeed...fare thee well, damsel! What ails your mother, pray?
woman.jpg
We believe she ate some bad food...
hero.jpg
And you cannot pay a mere 5 gold pieces for her medicine?
woman.jpg
I am a fatherless child. It is a struggle for us just to survive each day...
hero.jpg
Ah. Fare thee well...
woman.jpg
Return this way - you will love the herbs. I promise you that!
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

:lol: Totally normal.

hero.jpg
They paid me for your head... I have come for it.
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

RK47

Patron
I Prithee
01.jpg

02.jpg

hero.jpg
A mere boy is troublesome for you?
mage.jpg
Verily... my apprentice claims I am not I and refuses to work. I tried to tell him I am I... but he says that is what the other I also said!
hero.jpg
The OTHER you? What ails you, old man?
mage.jpg
It may seem...er...a little... odd to you... but there is currently a double of me in the next village.
hero.jpg
You replicated yourself?!
mage.jpg
Aye... nay, er, not quite... but.. anyway, 'Twas not the success I thought it would be... and I need my apprentice back. Can you help me with this problem, stranger?
hero.jpg
Help you? How then?
mage.jpg
My apprentice was very upset by the procedure- he took the magic mirror we used - and he will not return it.
hero.jpg
And why not?
mage.jpg
He refuses to believe I am the real one. I prithee, talk some sense into him... I need that mirror to get rid of my double. I will pay you well.
hero.jpg
Aye... fine.. I will talk with your apprentice and try to solve your problem.
mage.jpg
I thank you indeed, friend!
hero.jpg
I only hope that you are indeed the real one and not the double!
mage.jpg
Why, of course I am! Now make haste, I prithee...

I turn around to the other mage. The mage's appearance surprised me.

03.jpg

hero.jpg
What do you mean?
mage2.jpg
Did you see that Black Tower overlooking the village? We thought it was... well... dead - but now something is up there and it does not bode well for the villagers.
hero.jpg
Any problems?
mage2.jpg
We have always known that the Necromancer tried hard to learn the nature of the towers, but no one treated that seriously. There were no records of them, neither in the writings of the ancient races, nor in any prophecies. We ignored them and assumed that if we did not have such information, no one else would have it.
hero.jpg
Very shortsighted.
mage2.jpg
Indeed. Now the Necromancers are one step ahead. The mayor told me that someone visited the tower a few days ago. Since then a few people from the nieghboring settlements have simply vanished.
hero.jpg
What does the Society plan to do?
mage2.jpg
I was ordered to investigate on the spot and use all necessary means to quiet this all down - but I do not have enough help - this war absorbs most of the members of the Guild - more than they like to admit... I know of your services to the Society - 'Twould be a honor for me if you would agree to deal with this problem... for a reward of course.
hero.jpg
What needs to be done?
mage2.jpg
I doubt if there is any chance to catch those who caused all these problems - but our villagers here must be saved - the reputation of the Society is at stake.
hero.jpg
Do not fret, Master... 'tis not the first problem I have solved. However, the word Necromancer is suddenly to be heard everywhere. Strange, hmm?
mage2.jpg
You share my thoughts. The Council is almost certain of this, friend - someone still tries to unite these madmen.
hero.jpg
What would they benefit by uniting?
mage2.jpg
We do not know - but Necromancers have stayed hidden for so long now - someone with a vision could convince them that they deserve more than anonymity... 'tis dangerous, both for us and for them.
hero.jpg
Do you think someone might wish to use them?
mage2.jpg
You ready my thoughts... let us hope that the rumors are false.
hero.jpg
What do you know of these towers?
mage2.jpg
There are five and that is all we know. No one in the Society has carried out research on these abominations.
hero.jpg
So you do not know who built them?
mage2.jpg
Elves methinks - 'tis their territory. Or 'twas theirs during the war. The towers are no older than three hundred years.
hero.jpg
They must have built them during the war.
mage2.jpg
Mayhap. We cannot know for sure.
hero.jpg
Very well. I shall be off.
mage2.jpg
Travel with awareness...
04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

I must rethink my strategy.

RK47

Patron
Original, Not Crispy
01.jpg

02.jpg

hero.jpg
But he wants the same as you - to get rid of the replica!
mage.jpg
Ha! But which one is the replica?
hero.jpg
Does it really matter?
mage.jpg
Aye, it does! My mentor taught me for nigh on two years! I grew attached to him and I OWE him this...
hero.jpg
Aahh, if they are one and the same and no one can tell the difference, then why all this trouble?
mage.jpg
That is not the point! Aahh, I am not sure what the point is, but verily - I will NOT permit the replica to kill my mentor!
hero.jpg
You will have to decide some time... what will you do? Toss a coin in the air?
mage.jpg
Lokar Maios might know which is which. It was his work... if you find that out from him, the mirror is yours!
hero.jpg
What if you give the mirror to his double? How will you know?
mage.jpg
I will not know... but I will do my utmost to do the right thing! I want my mentor, not the other one!
02a.jpg

RK47

Patron
Touch my mandrake roots
03.jpg

04.jpg

04a.jpg

hero.jpg
Does your mother live with you?
woman.jpg
Nay, but nearby. I am her only child and I care for her.
hero.jpg
Do you not have a husband?
woman.jpg
With my mother to take care of, I have no time for courting...
hero.jpg
Do you not wish to leave here for a bigger town, perchance?
woman.jpg
My mother needs me here. She says, "you cannot uproot an old tree or it will perish"...
:negative: Cockblocked.
hero.jpg
True... fare thee well, then.
woman.jpg
Come back anytime - I will always have herbs for you!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
dude on dead horse approaches -> "greetings kind stranger!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom