Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds II DLC - now with multiplayer and microtransactions!

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
The story is also decent, but like always the execution is very trashy. Sad, because I like some of the ideas.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And now multiplayer DLC is coming: http://store.steampowered.com/app/502970/Two_Worlds_II__Echoes_of_the_Dark_Past/

Return to Antaloor in a brand-new, three-map multiplayer adventure that bridges the events of "Two Worlds II" and "Call of the Tenebrae"!

Even in the darkness that has enshrouded Antaloor, old friendships burn brightly! When Doctor Lavarius, your old friend from Veneficus University in New Ashos sends you an unexpected letter asking for help, you quickly rush to his aid... and the riches that usually follow his schemes!

It seems that the good Doctor has learned of some curiously abandoned structures located deep in the forgotten Eastern Regions. Local legends claim that they were built by the Tenebrae, the cursed order of vile monks who once mercilessly ruled Antaloor with an iron fist.

The legends also say that no human has entered these structures since the Order perished centuries ago... and that a great source of ancient evil still exists deep in their depths, located in an underground lair!

But those are just legends! No one truly believes those childish tales! Besides, the stories were likely created to scare off intrepid explorers looking to uncover the priceless Tenebrae artifacts and secrets. Perhaps there are even lost Tenebrae technologies down there, worth more than a mine full of gold!

Come to think of it, you’d better hurry; the University has more leaks than a rotten boat and there’s no telling how many cutthroats and treasure hunters have already heard about the doctor’s discovery. If you want the treasures within, you must make haste before the rabble beats you to them.

As you enter the first dungeon, the giant stone gate slams shut behind you. You are met with only silence. And yet…it seems as if the darkness is not empty.
Slowly, the sounds of claws on stone and guttural moans reach your ears…and they’re coming closer.

You fire your torch and unsheathe your blade- it appears that there’s more to the legends than you thought. A grin touches your lips. Let them come!

FEATURES
  • A multiplayer adventure with a complete storyline spanning three maps: "The Forbidden Mines", "The Begrimed Grotto", and "The Ancient Temple"
  • Each map contains the main quest chain in addition to a host of optional side-quests
  • All new magic cards! Summon the lethal Tribal Rats, the helpful Marshland Motharks, and the predatory Irenite Ants to assist you in combat
  • New Tenebrae altars wait to be discovered, aiding your quest by restoring your health and mana
  • Over 300 newly added and enhanced items for all classes, including clothing and weaponry, from coats to armor, for both male and female warriors
  • Fully upgradeable Irenite swords
  • Updated weapon appearances with all new looks and visual effects
  • Over 20 new paint pigments to color and customize your equipment, from earthy tones to bright, colorful pastels
  • Enemy markers have been reprogrammed and revamped to improve enemy spawning
  • New chests scattered randomly throughout the adventure contain mighty power crystals
  • Maps are packed with enemies, including bloodthirsty mercenaries, possessed cultists, freakish Irenite mutants, cursed spirits, crafty criminals, and the deadly "Dawgs", a vile offshoot of the Varn tribe
  • All non-quest equipment from "Two Worlds II", "Pirates of the Flying Fortress" and "Call of the Tenebrae" is now available randomly in shops and chests.
  • Monster packs have been upgraded and enhanced up to level 300 for increased difficulty, providing a stiff challenge for even the mightiest warrior
  • A new musical score composed specifically for this Multiplayer adventure
  • Enemies now have access to all weapons, ramping up the challenge and making every area progressively more dangerous with each replay

Elex

Arbiter
http://steamcommunity.com/games/7520/announcements/detail/1473104849617800920
Return to Antaloor in Echoes of the Dark Past, an all new, multiplayer expansion for Two Worlds II!

Echoes of the Dark Past is loaded with everything you love about the Two Worlds’ series. An epic journey awaits you as you meet new allies and battle old, vengeful foes! You’ll need to master powerful, exotic weaponry and forbidden magics while forging new alliances to combat a freakish breed of hideous evil. Fight against a tyrannical foe and explore three never before seen maps in this lengthy expansion.
Two Worlds II season pass holders will automatically receive this new DLC

why?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't understand why they are still working on this game. It was never good in the first place, do the sales justify this?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I think it sold a lot, and with no advertising. One site said it sold 2.5m copies which is pretty huge if true. I liked the first game a lot, second one not so much. But I hope they can grow it and compete with the other open world RPGs. I think they all suck more or less equally, so competition is good.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I don't understand why they are still working on this game. It was never good in the first place, do the sales justify this?

I think it's meant to generate goodwill / word of mouth for TW3. Cheaper to reach the core audience this way, than to pay Kwan AAA journalists.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
RELEEST!!

Two for two for two. Sequel to the multiplayer expansion is coming soon!!: https://store.steampowered.com/app/578980/Two_Worlds_II__Echoes_of_the_Dark_Past_2/

Your Two Worlds II multiplayer adventure continues in "Echoes of the Dark Past II": Three brand new domains await you, each with two unique paths, for a total of six never-before-seen maps to explore!

Deep in the desert, a bloody conflict is brewing, and you must choose a side! Join either the Vanderbilt mercenaries or the Veneficus University expedition, each with their own unique quests, and unlock additional multiplayer maps depending on your choice!

Desert Storm
Fight desert demons, hordes of the undead, and a crazed cannibal clan in the biggest Two Worlds II multiplayer map yet!

The Tenebrae Passage
Join the crooked magician, Mendel, as you scour the old Tenebrae tunnels and clash with the Vanderbilt mercenaries, fighting your way deep underground to an ancient Tenebrae tomb.

The Tenebrae Tunnels
Side with Victor and the Vanderbilts, go to war against Mendel and the Veneficus mages, and help the mercenaries infiltrate the old tomb before the wizards do.

Sanctuary of Sama'El
Help the Veneficus mages fight their way through the Tenebrae tomb, but when they make a final, desperate decision, whose side will you choose?

Sepulchre of Sama'El
Continue your adventure with the Vanderbilts, as you attempt to save the ancient tomb from destruction while facing a powerful ally… or a deadly adversary, depending on your decisions.

Desert Storm: Team Deathmatch
Return to the endless desert and duke it out against other players or desert monsters in the largest Team Deathmatch map in Antaloor's history, four times bigger than any other multiplayer map!

Another singleplayer expansion (Shattered Embrace) should coming soon-ish after this.

Btw in case you're wondering, those DLCs couldn't made any difference in concurrent player number.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I see that my previous question is still relevant - do the sales justify these DLCs? I guess they do, since they are still making them, but it seems weird.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think they're inspired by that witching and c-punking Polish developer.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
I was suprised, that they did two more DLC's and that it is already two years, since they announced part 3. Did anybody hear something new about them? Did they flee the country? Does anyone believe that Two Worlds III will happen?

To be honest ... I still hope it :D .

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Good, the last dlc ended with a big revelation that lead nowhere. Maybe this one will wrap it all up.

And TW2 dlcs are actually more interesting and focused than the base game itself. However tropical island is not really such a great setting - they already used it in Pirates of the Flying Fortress.

Or maybe they simply want to reuse the assets from Vendetta: Curse of the Raven's Cry :D

Morkar Left

Can you even play the multiplayer maps with your singleplayer char???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom