Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two questions to VD

RainSong

Scholar
2 questions to VD:
- last time I heard, You were supposed to write a review of Fallout 3 for NMA. I know that it will take a lot more time for you to do it, as you won't get a prepared review from bethestapo. So, when can we expect to read it? Next month? This year? (I'm not trying to hasten you, just asking)
- second question. I'd really like to see an unbiased comparison of old Fallouts1/2 with Fallout3 (unbiased because I think it would show decline of the games a lot more then a lulzy one). Is there a possibility that you would write something like that? Maybe even few months after the review of Fallout 3 if you lack time, a comparison between ''good old'' games and the ''next gen'' ones shown on Fallout series?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
RainSong said:
2 questions to VD:
- last time I heard, You were supposed to write a review of Fallout 3 for NMA. I know that it will take a lot more time for you to do it, as you won't get a prepared review from bethestapo. So, when can we expect to read it? Next month? This year? (I'm not trying to hasten you, just asking)
2-3 weeks. At the moment, enjoy my first impressions:
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/in ... opic=577.0

- second question. I'd really like to see an unbiased comparison of old Fallouts1/2 with Fallout3 (unbiased because I think it would show decline of the games a lot more then a lulzy one). Is there a possibility that you would write something like that? Maybe even few months after the review of Fallout 3 if you lack time, a comparison between ''good old'' games and the ''next gen'' ones shown on Fallout series?
I doubt that. There is nothing to compare. It's like comparing Bloodlines (and I'm not saying that FO3 is Bloodlines, of course) to Arcanum. Fallout 3 is not a Fallout game and shouldn't be reviewed as such.

RainSong

Scholar
God damn your fast xD

edit.
There is nothing to compare. Fallout 3 is not a Fallout game and shouldn't be reviewed as such.

That's why I wrote about a separate article that would compare ''good old'' games and the ''next gen'' ones. I'm not asking You to do it in Your Fallout 3 review. And of course there are things to compare - like dialogues, extent of skills influencing different things, complications of quests, and so on. Not comparison of Fallouts as such, but comparison of old vs new (which I expect to go in favour of old)

edit2.
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=577.0

I demand Let's play thread on codex as I don't visit Iron Tower regularly :oops:

elander_

Arbiter
I'm surprised that the game can be chalenging at some points but without tactics involved this would just amount to grinding but still it would be better than the feeling that you are playing in God mode with cheats enabled. How hard would it to add options to adjust the game difficulty? The way Fallout did it you start with all skills around 50% (not counting with perks effects and tagged skills) if you select easy difficulty setting, around 20-30% for medium and 5% for hard, or something like that. This would make the experience a lot better not only for hardcore players but also for players who become tired of an easy game in the middle and want to increase challenge.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I can't believe how dumb is Fallout 3. It isn't simply for retards. It is a fucking epitome of stupidity. I was expecting it to be very very dumb. But FUCK - that writing really caught me unprepared. Even Oblivion wasn't THAT dumb.
In moments like this I really wish Bethesda to stick with their retarded
- Megaton
- Rumours
than writing this horrible shit.

Black

Arcane
Hey, I too have two questions.
1. When is Aod coming out exactly?
2. How asum is it?

Deleted member 7219

in before skyway

OH DAMN

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom