Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Troika Needs YOUR Help

taks

Liturgist
Volourn said:
I'll say something; it seems that Troika and Atari to a lesser degree know they screwed up big time; and are now kissin' some ass to prepare for the upcoming sequel so they don't lost any consumers next time. :cool:

in spite of what steve moret says, this isn't a "troika" and "atari" thing. this is a "steve moret" thing. there may (or may not) be other devs working on this but it's all on their spare time... for FREE (although atari is supporting the follow-up work including securom wrapping... yay)

this says nothing about troika or atari credibility... this speaks VOLUMES for steve moret's dedication to his product. if i were a developer, he'd be tops on the wish list of programmers to hire...

mark

Anonymous

I think so, Tim said he was currently doing AI for Vampire and mentioned design stuff for Arcanum 2.

As for NWN BEING SO GREAT ABOUT PATCHES, arnt they the ones that shipped a game which deletes your save games? Had atleast 2 patches that had to have patches for them because the patches they gave fuck up your game?

Anyways, my internet at home is turned off until atleast Monday, and I would really like to do this. I know 3rd Edition rules like the back of my hand, I've had DMs that didnt know most of the stuff I do, and I know a few rule mess-ups currently in ToEE.

So, if someone would like to mail it for me, here is my info:
1) Patrick Monahan
2) mm/dd/yy - 07/03/87
3) Poulsbo,WA
4) Windows 98SE, GeForceFX5200 (128 MB), 512 RAM, 40Gig HD and so on (and I prefer to run ToEE in a window).
5) See above!
AIM name: LlamaGod20
e-mail: Saturn_valley_@hotmail.com

Voss

Erudite
Considering this discussions been had about a half-dozen times already, and no one has moved an inch from their original position, yeah it does figure...

Jed

Cipher
Psilon said:
Awfully brave posting personal info on the Interweb there...
I'm still confused why he could post it here, but not email it to the address Steve provided...

Voss

Erudite
But if you have access to here, surely you have access to hotmail...

Anonymous

In fact, I almost got caught typing that. You cant use Hotmail or email stuffs here because it messages the admin. So I was hoping I could get in, despite me being interweb-less.

And that info isnt THAT personal, and my name is kinda common anyways.

Ausir

Arcane
As for KotOR vs. ToEE patches, it just means that LucasArts is a better publisher than Atari.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Really? Every time I turn around, people are bashing LA for their poor game support, or releasing games too early, etc. etc. much like Atari. In fact, I think every publisher that exists is accused of that 'cause all publishers are evil and stuff and just want our money(well duh on the last one :D ).

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
D2 was insane when it first came out. Bnet was fucking crapping all over the place. People could hardly join games because there was such a jam on the servers. You had to try atleast 10-15 games before u could get into one and if you did get in one it took about less than 5 minutes to get into the game. Most of the time when you thought you were getting in you would get disconnected. Took a couple of weeks before they started adding more servers and fixing problems, the maintance checks were a pain in the ass compared to how they are now. They were hours long before and now you can barely even notice them. The success of the game pretty much killed their then small bnet compared to what it is now.

I dont see anything wrong to start working on a patch when the game becomes Gold. It's actually the smart thing to do instead of have a period of pissed of customers because of bugs. Making a patch before the games out though could just let Developers rush out the game and depend on that patch which just becomes risky.

Some people dont even patch their games, cause they just wanna play the game and it can sometimes ruin their experience.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Really? Every time I turn around, people are bashing LA for their poor game support, or releasing games too early, etc. etc. much like Atari. In fact, I think every publisher that exists is accused of that 'cause all publishers are evil and stuff and just want our money(well duh on the last one ).

What the hell are you talking about? Not once have I ever bashed LucasArts and they are, in my opinion, one of the best game publishers around, and they're right up there with Microsoft.

I can't recall the last time they released a game before it was due (not anytime recently) and the only time they ever fucked up was when they released Star Wars: Force Commander, the worst RTS ever made - but that was years ago.

These days, LucasArts seem to be devoted to their customers (and the dollar obviously - but supporting your customers is a damn good way to make money) with their cancellation of Sam & Max 2 and Full Throttle 2 because of voiced concerns over the series' consolelization (e.g. they were to be action games). It's great that they started work on a brand new Sam & Max 2 with all the goodness of the original, just like the fans want. They even got the original developer to work on it - so how's that for "poor game support"?

Their willingness to patch KOTOR (an SP only game), as well as enhancements in the PC game over the console versions, not to mention their support for Jedi Academy really wins in my book so I don't know how, or where you came up with that argument, Volourn. It's the kind of completely baseless, straw man argument that you often come up with when you have nothing else to say.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Exitium, wher ein the bejeebers did I say "Exitium bitches about LA being a poor publisher"? Tell me where I say that and then you'll have the point. Just read the Bioboards for one. Lots of people were whining about this, and that and not just about KOTOR. And, don't even get started on MS where people complain about them all the time. ie. "Bribing" BIO to release KOTOR on x-box first. etc. Once again, I never called you personally on it so don'tt ake it so personally. I wasn't even blaming ANY individual at RPGCodex either. Sheeshcabob with pepperoni. As for them be 'willing" to patch KOTOR; I don't think they're the main ones doing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom