Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Saldrone

Novice
I'am a new member in the codex

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
One lone neanderthal caught out in the streets as the hordes descend using his superior might and intellect can you survive the night?

Modron

Arcane
Being able to save and quit whenever you like is for casuals just cut into sleep/work time for a couple of hours until you get to the next save spot like a proper gamer.

Cael

Arcane
Being able to save and quit whenever you like is for casuals just cut into sleep/work time for a couple of hours until you get to the next save spot like a proper gamer.
Reminds me of my MUD days, where you had to get back to an inn to save. Heaven help you if your class doesn't have a word of recall spell or equivalent, and you are off exploring in the ass end of nowhere... :D

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Steam Deck has conquered this gameplay weakness. You can pause whenever and resume whenever. Steam Deck users are arguably the most intellectually evolved of all role-playing RPG gamers.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Don't being able to save and quit when and where you want in a solo game is just a typical symptom of consolitis.
The opposite, on the other hand, is a typical symptom of casualitis. You decide what's worse.
Are you a storyfag? Are you gay? Homosexual maybe? Do you like another man's bum? You know full well why can't true blue gamers save and quit most of the time. It's because of the dreaded dialogues and cutscenes. Are you defending cutscenes? Are you gay?

Odoryuk

Educated
Don't being able to save and quit when and where you want in a solo game is just a typical symptom of consolitis.
The opposite, on the other hand, is a typical symptom of casualitis. You decide what's worse.
Are you a storyfag? Are you gay? Homosexual maybe? Do you like another man's bum? You know full well why can't true blue gamers save and quit most of the time. It's because of the dreaded dialogues and cutscenes. Are you defending cutscenes? Are you gay?

Trigger the codex with a statement​

https://emojipedia.org/smiling-face-with-sunglasses

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Dragon Age, Mass Effect and KOTOR are the top 3 BioWare games, Baldurs Gate is only ahead of Jade Empire.
Jade Empire wasn't that bad.
It was a linear console beat em up with a terrible morality system (apart from 1 small side quest), cringe worth dialogue and redundant, repeating exposition, and a story "twist" you could see from a mile away.

behold_a_man

Educated
I played both of them half a decade ago, but, if I recall correctly, Baldur's Gate also had
and a story "twist" you could see from a mile away.
, combat might be one of the worst implementations of that silly system they used, and the world was pretty much empty with tons of seemingly unpolished locations. I prefer games that try and don't really succeed to games that are just bad.

Kiste

Augur
Dragon Age, Mass Effect and KOTOR are the top 3 BioWare games, Baldurs Gate is only ahead of Jade Empire.
Jade Empire wasn't that bad.

Unless you were expecting a CRPG, then yes, it wasn't that bad. The setting felt fresh because ching chang chong shit was more uncommon back then. The story must have been unremarkable because I can't even remember it, but I liked the visual design some of the locations. It certainly was something different.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom