Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tree of Life- That 'ol UO feeling

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Ive never seen such crying,complaining and bitching over a game. Everyones pissed. I fan the flames. =D

Forums are awash in tears and butt hurt from everyone. The PVPers are pissed. The PVE'ers are pissed. The dupers are pissed. the honest folk are pissed.

I continue to fan the flames.

-Really.This is historic in magnitude I think. Ive never seen anything like it. Sweet...Sweet...tears and nobody is happy.

I will continue to fan the flames.

Looks interesting. But with the pace of changes which are likely t ocome, I'vno interest i getting involved. I'm a kind of player which likes things to change more slowly since I get used toit and hate it whne tings drmaatically change.

The griefing part is probably the worst part. They'll need to figure that out. The durability part is easy by comparison.

DaViLLaN

Augur
They need to add the ability to invert the F'ing mouse before my old ass can play this game........FFS

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Once they fix durability I'll be back in at least to check how the changes work. With durability like it is its pointless honestly atm.

Also once the ability to declare war against a guild is in the population as a whole will return I think.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Patch notes for thursday have been revealed
1. Changing durability about weapon and armor.
-Changing durability due to consider the difficulty to produce item

In case of former item durability, it has a same durability between easily produce item and hard to produce item. So it reduced efficiency because using times were much shorter than making times. We were reconstructed that when higher materials exist and depending on how rare this material makes more durability for this item by this modification.

2. Add weapon and defense recycling function
- Item that made from fabric and leather ripping is possible when hold it on the hand.
- Fabric costume: it can be a little pieces of fabric
- Leather costume : it cab be a little pieces of leather
- When put weapon and metal armor into brazier and after melting it can be made to ingot.
- Copper weapon or copper armor: it can be a little bit of copper pieces or ingots.

We let reuse materials that is difficult to get through function that original material recycling of broken item after being 0 of durability

Through this function, without throw away unnecessary weapon and recycle as original materials is possible.

3. Add Man-eating plants Flax seed drop.
In case of flax seed, beginner adventurer has difficulties to raise mastery because it's a needed source at the beginning but it can be collected only in specific area.

Because Man-eating plants drop Flax seed with constant rate now so Flax seed supply is easier than before through Man-eating plants hunting.

Update

Add Kiwi birds
- Drop a little amount of feather and seed
- Kiwi birds can't be on shoulder

Existing feather is used for various parts and even if it's an important resource of game but because of some of adventurers exclusively, it can be only dropped at chicken so all of adventurers have difficulties for feather supply.

We though about the way of new feather supply to modify this problem.
It turns out that we added little Kiwi birds which can't be exclusive.
Through this, now feather supply will be smooth in every area.

Also in case of seed, we judged that amount of supply is not enough compare to amount of seed that is used. So we added Kiwi birds can drop with constant rate.

Modify bug
- Fix some server crashing issues
- Fix some through walls problem

Yup, repairing was finally added. After re-reading it I finally (might have) understood what the devs actually meant. I guess you can take an old item apart and regain some rare parts that you used in its creation? Now with the durability issue finally fixed and all the "PvP" gaylords driven out (what a joke, attacking a defenseless town when everyone is offline doesn't equal PvP) we can hope that the devs can finally take the game forward.

Last edited:

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Dark and I have pretty much giving up on ToL. We will check it out from time to time but we are now back to 7 days to die. We have setup on a PvP Server and want to see how far we can make it. You guys are more then welcome to join us there if you want!

GM_JamesPro

Savant
7 days is THE best Zombie Survival Game on the market. It's basically Minecraft meets DayZ. Voxel Procedurally generated world, Build whatever you want where ever you want. PvP, PvE, Hoards of Zombies attacking you when you least expect it... Alpha 12 they are adding Weather, Motorbikes, completely redoing the Procedural Generator, ect.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I see it's also an early access game. Is there any reason to get this instead of any of the other numerous zombie survival games?
Honestly, 7 days is the best multiplayer game ive ever played- I love it. Lots of depth and more content even in EA than most released games imho with more coming.
But not everyone likes it- Its not exactly a FPS which some thinks it is.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I didnt liked it. For some reason it felt bad. Also, we had terrible sync problems while playing this with friends(what is kinda normal in zombie survival games lel)

You guys are coming back to tree of life eventually? I bet they'll keep adding loads of stuff to get some publicity. Some kind of guild war/fighting for territory system is a must. Game also need a lot more buildings, items and other stuff(like magic in example) to actually hold you longer. I think we built almost perfect base in two days with only 4people. There was basicly everything.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I didnt liked it. For some reason it felt bad. Also, we had terrible sync problems while playing this with friends(what is kinda normal in zombie survival games lel)

You guys are coming back to tree of life eventually? I bet they'll keep adding loads of stuff to get some publicity. Some kind of guild war/fighting for territory system is a must. Game also need a lot more buildings, items and other stuff(like magic in example) to actually hold you longer. I think we built almost perfect base in two days with only 4people. There was basicly everything.
Yea we're not stopping playing TOL just getting ready for alpha 12 on 7 days and letting TOL get some of the kinks worked out before trying to actually play seriously.

Avellion

Erudite
You guys building a fort yet? Is there unrestricted PVP?
We already have a fort, maybe it is in complete ruins though. Dunno, after that patch, most of us just called it quits.

As for PvP. You can kill anyone you want, wherever you want to. You do gain criminal points though, which while they wont ammount to anything early on, will add up (they increase the penalty for dying). These criminal points slowly deteriorate over time.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
You guys building a fort yet? Is there unrestricted PVP?
Are you talking about in ToL or 7 days? Like Avellion said I'm sure there's not much left of our ToL city and outpost. As for 7 days yes we have a fort. We have taking over a town and have a base in a couple of prefab houses and then we have a underground base nearby where we will be storing all of our best resources behind a password protected metal door. And yes there is unrestricted PvP however we play nice until someone messes with us and then we destroy them.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
We have 4 of us currently playing and a bunch of others waiting for Alpha 12 to be released. The Server we are on just launched yesterday so we are still waiting for all of us to settle in and see who is friendly and who will be threats. During the day today Some of the bases on the server did get raided including the Server Admin's base. And from time to time some Battles break out but people are still mostly trying to get built up and geared before anything major happens.

Pipeweed

Arcane
You and pinguin both have shit taste, keep hyping yourselves up with awful kiddie stuff and hop from one game to another

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm not giving up on ToL, just taking a break and waiting for the devs to sort out their important systems as well as get some real content rolling out. Don't want to burn myself out on an Early Access game. For now I'mma play FF14: Heavensward.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
How about playing 7days on pirated borrowed version with ya guyz? Is this possible? Don't really want to spend another few quids for a zombie survival game, lol.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Started playing ARK and completely forgot that this thing existed. Any important news?
Still waiting for the 'glitch through walls' to be fixed. The fact these exploits are still there after all this time (and after two patches that claimed to have 'fixed"it) it does not bode well for this game. Rampant exploits have killed the game for now.

The possible good news is that they've said theres going to be a wipe and map expansion once everything gets fixed so most people are waiting for the wipe . Game went from almost 7000 online to around 200 since I stopped playing. So time will tell.

Mostly been playing 7days2die , even though the last update sucked its still a fantastic game- I fear they are fucking it up badly and going in a bad direction and the "released"game is going to be kinda shitty. Ive still got almost 500 hours for my $24.00, had a blast and am still playing so it was a steal even if it ends up sucking- Plus I'll just stick to an old version if the released game sucks since alpha 10 and alpha 11 both were fantastic.

Hows Ark doing? Looks like alot of fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom